sickboy

Sync - Discover, Publish and Synchronize Mods - Public Beta release

Are you sure they weren't already up to date? It shouldn't allow you to launch a collection without updating it first, as far as I'm aware.

So far the only thing missing for me is the automatic connection with teamspeak. And I also haven't tested the Task Force Radio plugin installation, hopefully it works.

Use Collection Publishing/editing from the web interface or PwS. Only use yml's if you want to host custom content on a custom repo. Something we'll address soon as well :)

Is there a way to include teamspeak automatic launching as a part of the collection?

Is Task Force Radio plugin correctly installed into Teamspeak?

Use Collection Publishing/editing from the web interface or PwS. Only use yml's if you want to host custom content on a custom repo. Something we'll address soon as well :)

Please god make it soon! I've just had to add a new mod to our custom repo and after commiting and pushing it with SixZsync, I've had to go through the rigmarole of unpublishing the existing Collection, importing the updated yml, locking each mod to the required version (which requires constantly cross-checking with the old Collection, which thankfully remains in PwS alongside the new one with the same name), deleting the old Collection, publishing the new Collection and posting the new links with instructions to delete the old Collection and import the new one! I start to lose the will to live after doing all that.

Another issue is that it appears to launch the collection without updating the mods first. The only way I managed to update the mods is to update them 1 by 1 before launching the collection. This is a big step back and will most likely cause a lot of players to try to join with out of date mods.

Another issue, it seems like "lauch" on a collection won't update it, and clicking update on a mod separately sometimes crashes the Sync app. :(

Also, do we have a server browser in the Sync that can simply find a server and launch the appropriate mods? Or do we have to use collections?

Hey sickboy,

Love Sync so far! I've run into a problem though: when I update the mods it sort of works fine, I mean, the mods are actually updating.

The problem is that when I refresh the page, all the mods that have been updated actually show up as update-able again.

Yesterday I had 30 update-able mods, so I clicked update and it all updated fine. Today I wanted to sync again and it showed that I had 32 mods that had to be updated. I don't know if it actually downloaded the files for the 30 mods I had already updated again, but it took a really long time.

Cheers and have a good Xmas!

So erm,

another 2 mods showed up, and it's now at 34.

It was all done with updating, I refreshed the page and it still showed 34 update-able mods. 

Then launched my collection and now it says "downloading" at the bottom of the screen

77eab384bfb5933f3a1de7717e60806a.jpg

I really want to give this piece of software a try, but it's really annoying when this stuff keeps coming up again.

Please god make it soon! I've just had to add a new mod to our custom repo and after commiting and pushing it with SixZsync, I've had to go through the rigmarole of unpublishing the existing Collection, importing the updated yml, locking each mod to the required version (which requires constantly cross-checking with the old Collection, which thankfully remains in PwS alongside the new one with the same name), deleting the old Collection, publishing the new Collection and posting the new links with instructions to delete the old Collection and import the new one! I start to lose the will to live after doing all that.

I found a workaround for now that makes this a bit less painful. I changed the name of the Collection in my custom repo and imported that (e.g. Doveman (Repo), then set the name of the Published Collection to something different (e.g. Doveman). Then I can have both available and if I need to add a new mod to the Custom Repo, after updating that I can refresh Custom Repo to install it in the "Doveman (Repo)" Collection, then drag it across to the Published "Doveman" Collection and sync that.

I have some problem with all the clients being it Play or Sync. I cannot retrieve my password neither I cannot create a new account because those buttons (to send an e-mail with new password or to create a new account after I fill out the forms)  just do not work. Happens to me in any browser, with both clients and even in my cell-phone browser. I would appreciate any help...

A popup appeared when I tried updating ACRE2 and /k/ommunity patch pack, reading:
"Steam credentials required

Please provide the login credentials to download the content from Steam
Username:
Password"

Is this legit?

Same for me. Why on earth does PW6 want my Steam credentials?

• Like 1