charger451

Problem Exporting Mission To Multiplayer

EDEN Editor. I'm having this problem with exporting my mission to multiplayer. I design a mission in EDEN. The editor itself works flawlessly. It's a beautiful piece of work. I can test my mission in single player mode then test it in multiplayer mode but when I go to export it to multiplayer nothing happens. The mission does not export to the multiplayer folder. No pbo, nothing. I've searched the net and found nothing related to this issue. Nothing indicating the function does or doesn't work, nothing.  

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

Apparently I'm the only one with this issue? I seem to have found a way to play the mission in multiplayer except any scripts added to the mission folder do not port over with it to multiplayer. Well I guess the only thing left is to uninstall EDEN and just go back to vanilla. 3D editor is nice but useless to me if parts of it do not seem to work enough to actually use it. 

Although I dont and have not used this editor, and really haev not looked into it, if the editor works like the regular editor in Arma3 then what you could do is a couple of things,

export to sp as a pbo is a pbo,

Again if the editor works like the normal one the if you export to Sp then the pbo would show in the missions folder in the arma3 directory no?

If thats the case then just move the pbo from that folder over.

Another way is to pbo the mission yourself with Eliteness.

I can make the mission. Set all the assets on the map with the 3D (Eden) editor. Everything works like it should in the editor. I can add custom scripts to the mission folder, revive scripts, custom loadout scripts and play the scenario in single player mission through the editor and everything works perfectly. The problem is when I export the mission to multiplayer with the export function in the editor, it only saves the mission.sqf. It does not zip up the scripts or folders with scripts in them. So in actuality I have no mission to share or will it show any issues.

The only thing I have found that does work for right now is I can literally zip up the mission folders and mission files in winzip and change the .zip extension to .pbo and place that in the MPMission folder and the game plays and works as it should and others have custom loadouts and revive or what ever else is in the pbo.

I know the (Eden) editor is fairly new so I don't want to make a big production for this issue and I guess I have found a work around for now. Thanks for any help.

I can make the mission. Set all the assets on the map with the 3D (Eden) editor. Everything works like it should in the editor. I can add custom scripts to the mission folder, revive scripts, custom loadout scripts and play the scenario in single player mission through the editor and everything works perfectly. The problem is when I export the mission to multiplayer with the export function in the editor, it only saves the mission.sqf. It does not zip up the scripts or folders with scripts in them. So in actuality I have no mission to share or will it show any issues.

The only thing I have found that does work for right now is I can literally zip up the mission folders and mission files in winzip and change the .zip extension to .pbo and place that in the MPMission folder and the game plays and works as it should and others have custom loadouts and revive or what ever else is in the pbo.

I know the (Eden) editor is fairly new so I don't want to make a big production for this issue and I guess I have found a work around for now. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please provide reprosteps? Thanks.

I have the same problem, I created a simple mission and when exported to multiplayer and try to play it with my friends online, is not possible or even select what role will play. I checked the mpmission folder is empty . Please help. I tried the solution using WinZip but do not know how. Thank you.

Hi, I'm a beginner in the editing work of missions, so far everything went very well using the 2D editor. Install the Eden editor and began my problems, I describe step by step what I've done so that everything is clear:

First attempt

1. I have a mission made previously with the 2D editor and i export to Eden version, I made some changes and save. Previsualized in multiplayer and everything was fine.  I  export  with the exporter to multiplayer, opened port and everything you need as I always do and not working does not leave me even choose to play the role.

2. Check the folder mission and that's the folder that corresponds to my mission and the only file that is inside is mission.sqm.

3. Check the mpmission folder is empty.

4. Previously after editing a mission in the 2D editor,misión.sqm is generated and I added the VAS folder and this files description.ext strigtable.xml. That was enough to play multiplayer with friends

Second try

1. I did a completely new mission in Eden Editor, save, export to multiplayer and again not even let me choose the role.

2. Check the folder mission and that's the folder that corresponds to my mission and the only file that is inside is mission.sqm.

3. Check the mpmission folder is empty.

Please help how to export and generate new missions in Eden that can be played in multiplayer. Thank you. Excuse me for my bad english.

Hello,

I recently experience a similar issue when I export my mission.

1. I imported a working mission from the 2d editor.

2. Made lots of modifications to the map meaning I added a ton of items using the 3D editor.

3. When I finished I select export and a mission file was created.

4. I go to my MP missions folder I can see the file its 3.4MB in size.

5. When I go into the game using the Dev mode I can create a multiplayer server and load my mission without any problems.

6. The issue I have is when I take my new mission to a system that does not have Dev loaded, the mission will no appear on the list of missions available.

7. I also tried to load the MP mission on the system that I used to modify the original mission, I turned off the Dev portion of the game and then tried to create a multiplayer server. No luck the file did not appear on my missions list.

I uploaded my mission on Steam Workshop you can find it under "Eden  Export Test File" by Silent USC

So Far I've tried 2 missions but no luck.

Please Help

Just tested a basic eden built mission on dedicated server I have just updated - the eden built mission didn't show up in the mission list. Every other mission still does. Will keep testing.

When i ported my 2d mission file to 3d mission file, did a couple of changes then saved and copied my mission file to my dedicated server, my server log shows "Reading mission..." - "Error loading mission." and my log just spams that over and over and you cannot access the server correctly.

Did i do something wrong? :(

EDIT: Turns out that i created a completing new mission file within Eden editor and ran it on my dedicated server. Mission file loads fine with no problems.

Then again my 2d version of my old mission file is completely fine and still loads into the server but when i convert it to the Eden editor then save then upload to my server it just gives me the "Error loading mission". Maybe something did not convert over properly from 2d - 3d.

Either way, i will start over anyways, will be a blast with Eden anyways. Will catch up to progress in no time!

Just realized that i have a completely different problem then everyone here lmao

OT: Eden Editor is currently flawless and i love it. Thanks Bohemia.

Here's my guess: you guys are exporting the file with other name.

If you do edit the mission with the name "blabla.Stratis", then you should export it to multiplayer with the name "blabla". If you change it to "bloblo", then you will get the mission.sqm alone in the "bloblo.pbo" file. 

Cheers

I have a somewhat similar issue with playing missions in multiplayer that may offer more information to help resolve the issues. For one, I never export mission to multiplayer using the editor. I literally just copy the folder in "missions" and paste it in "mpmissions", and it works...almost all the time. The reason I do this is because during the 3DEN beta phase, I would create a map with several objects, waypoints, everything I would normally do... except it would never save the creation completely. I would open the mission the next day to continue working on it and there wouldn't be a damn thing on it, or only objects, triggers, waypoints but no init boxes would have the information I typed in them or they wouldn't be sync'd grouped, so I started taking measures to figure out ways to make it work. Now, the first time I play through them in multiplayer they usually have minor issues like not recording task-related variable names that are "key" to mission success. Some triggers might not go off, therefore some actions may not happen like they're supposed to(sometimes due to not being sync'd/grouped). An AI-lead squad may venture hundreds of meters off waypoints in the wrong direction only to turn around at some point, head back to where they went off course, and continue on in the correct direction. Like others have mentioned, everything is perfect in editor or single-player, but as soon as I put it in multiplayer I might get a few go-throughs that run perfectly smooth but most of the time key features of the mission are missing or bugged. 

Hi all.

I have a similar issue.

I made a mission on the Eden, with RHS and some more mods. I saved the mission to documents/user/mpmission and packed it with "pbo-manager"... then I upload the mission to the server of my milsim group, and the roles in the join room, didn't appear... 

Someone knows what's the problem?

Thanks so much.

I am having this issue still. My maps work fine on local hosted servers but when exporting to mpmissions the .pbo only contains the missions.sqm file. I will try zippibg the file in my documents and hope that will work. I cannot copy the mission file directly without first conveting to a pbo bwcause host havc will not reconize it. Any time would be appreciated.

Hi all.

I have a similar issue.

I made a mission on the Eden, with RHS and some more mods. I saved the mission to documents/user/mpmission and packed it with "pbo-manager"... then I upload the mission to the server of my milsim group, and the roles in the join room, didn't appear... 

Someone knows what's the problem?

Thanks so much.

Did you have a unit marked as Player?

I am having this issue still. My maps work fine on local hosted servers but when exporting to mpmissions the .pbo only contains the missions.sqm file. I will try zippibg the file in my documents and hope that will work. I cannot copy the mission file directly without first conveting to a pbo bwcause host havc will not reconize it. Any time would be appreciated.

Did you Save As... a new name for the mission then export?  That will create a new mission folder with the new name and just the SQM, not any of your scripts.

Hi  !!

We have some troubles with the server, and change it for a new machine with Windows, and the problem solves itself.

Thank you all for the replies!

EDEN Editor. I'm having this problem with exporting my mission to multiplayer. I design a mission in EDEN. The editor itself works flawlessly. It's a beautiful piece of work. I can test my mission in single player mode then test it in multiplayer mode but when I go to export it to multiplayer nothing happens. The mission does not export to the multiplayer folder. No pbo, nothing. I've searched the net and found nothing related to this issue. Nothing indicating the function does or doesn't work, nothing.  

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. 

Did you find solution for this charger451?  I bought the game couple days ago and tried the editor today first time.  I have the same problem.  When you click "export the multiplayer" it says the file has been exported, but there is nothing in multiplayer folder.

Similar to the issues on this thread I am having the same issue.....I first tried converting the .sqm file found in "Your PC > Documents > Arma 3 > mpmissions"

Using this file, we can make the scenario run in MP when hosting the game on the public servers, but we cant make it work on our games.com rented server...there are no playable slots to choose on the mission set up screen....we cant start the mission...

Then I noticed, when I exported the game, a .pbo file is generated in the "Your PC > C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Arma 3 > MPMissions" folder....

Now when I host the game on a public server, i have two choices for the same mission...both seem to work in MP...one is in green text and one is white text...???

I am going to upload the newly exported .pbo file to the rented server and see if that will work...

I am so confused.....