Hi, have anyone noticed lagre size of savegames? I dont remember this from previous Arma series. Is there anything i can do about it? Month ago when i was tidy up my HDD i saw 760mb savegames folder of arma3. Today it was 540mb...

My save folder was 960MB! Each save was around 5-50MB.

Even all my editor missions had their own folders, all 180 of them! Most of them were empty though, since I don't usually save when previewing them.

I didn't check which missions exactly had saves, but there seemed to be more folders than I have downloaded missions. The game might not clean them up properly?

• Like 1

So i'm not the only one.... I hope some of developers read this topic, bacuse this is a little strange, and i'm not sure to create ticked on feedback tracker.....

Are you talking bout the mission saves? That is because the Authors of those missions have the EnableSaving line of code enabled in their description.ext (located in the mission root folder). If you don't like the automatic saving building up MB's onto your computer I'd suggest in each mission extracting the mission from your MPMissions Root Folder and extract the .pbo mission folder. Such as in this example we will use epoch.Altis.pbo. First you need to find your MP Missions Cache Folder, which is located at: Local Disk ©: > Users > (Your PC Name) > Appdata > Local > Arma 3 > MPMissionCache, here you can find the mission you downloaded or played. Then extract it with the PBO Manager tool. Go into your description.ext of that extract .pbo and in the document file find "EnableSaving", change it to:

enableSaving false; // Saving disabled and make autosave. <---------

enableSaving true; // Saving enabled without autosave.

enableSaving [ false, false ]; // Saving disabled without autosave.

enableSaving [ false, true ]; // Saving disabled and make autosave.

enableSaving [ true, false ]; // Saving enabled without autosave.

enableSaving [ true, true ]; // Saving enabled and make autosave.

Once done save the description.ext file and then pack the pbo once again or leave it empty as epoch.Altis. (If you tend to leave it just epoch.Altis I suggest putting it in Documents > Arma 3 Other Profiles > Missions for no other further misconceptions! Hope this helps! :)

enablesaving is not in the description.ext, it's a scripting command. And pbos aren't mission saves.

And mp missions don't usually save anything at all anyway.

Besides, I don't think you can just edit mission files you got from the server. You might as well put 'player allowdamage false' there and be invincible. :)

No, no, i very like to saving, but its size is dangerous big. Today i have 4GB! played a little in Hetman missions. I think saving saves too much information and copy features from mission file, instead of using them from mission folder.

Edit - one mission savegame folder weights 970MB. Is it normal? I used there all savegame slots, but for Christ sake.... 4Gb.... really?

I tried saving with the player and 100 AI units - after "playing" for 5 seconds, the save file was 30MB. :D

What about scripted missions? If i save simply mission, when nothing happens on it, its 30MB too. But after intensive firefight it cas gain 130MB

Saves were always very big in bis games. I was playing many campaigns and sp missions in arma2 so my folder with saved games was ~5 GB.

Its little stupid, You create in editor full mission with many scripts, cutscenes, briefings etc ->max size 500kb in most cases ~200kb (With music or voice acting files it could be xxxMB but basic mission is in KB).

You make savegame and you have 30-50MB or more for each saved game :D

Yes, exacly. I know the mission.sqf savegame file grows every minute, but its too much.

Hi, have anyone noticed lagre size of savegames? I dont remember this from previous Arma series. Is there anything i can do about it? Month ago when i was tidy up my HDD i saw 760mb savegames folder of arma3. Today it was 540mb...

Are you short on space? Ive never noticed it as a issue, probably because i only run Windows 10 and Arma on my SSD. Other things reside on my other drives.

Are you short on space? Ive never noticed it as a issue, probably because i only run Windows 10 and Arma on my SSD. Other things reside on my other drives.

Sort of. Before i reinstalled system i was searching, what could be reason for low arma 3 FPS. i excluded low HDD space as i have 1 TB HDD, and not much of media, but on C drive i saw 15 GB free (from 68GB partition). That was before i started to check arma savegames. i noticed the arma 3 folder was impossible big, like all mods are stored there. Guess how? 15 GB.... that was totlly unacceptable for me. I was never cleaning savegames for arma before. That time i had arma 2 installed as well, i was playing arma 2 more often than A3 and its savegame size was 1,7gb. Can anybody tell me how is this possible?

2,50GB deleted today. Its too much. I saw the game doesnt deleting savegames when mission is completed, there is no option to load this savegames when we are replaying this mission, so why game keeps them?