Sign in to follow this  
bfcrusader

Steam wont update

Hello, BI.

I have a problem. I recently started playing CC again and decided to take on the Strategy Game mode (the single player campaign fulfilled my craving for CC for the time being when i first got it), but I can't utilize the torpedo, it explodes.

Now, I know that there are patches for it, but since my copy is on Steam, it's supposed to automatically download and install said patches for me, right? Well, even with the beta setting on and all that on Steam, the patch wont download. It doesn't register as being seemingly available.

I tried to manually apply the patch as advertised here, but that wont work since the installation file doesn't recognize that CC is installed.

Could you guys help me out?

this game is dead mate :) all object like building light tripod etc has been ported to the take on mars ...I don't know why:D

I cannot reproduce your problem. I opted out of the beta in steam and it reverted back to 1.6.0011. I went back in and re-enabled the beta and it restored to 1.7.0025. Remember the beta tab is separate from the tab where the automatic updates option is. When you opt in and out of the beta, there should be a small download that appears at the bottom of the page in the Steam client.

Downloading the manual patch won't help you on Steam, as it is only for the retail game.

Well, for some reason the problem has resolved itself. Thank you guys for taking the time to reply. Dunno what was going on.