Sign in to follow this  
natanbrody

Unable to sign unbinarized pbo's

I have a couple of PBO's which I have unbinarized the configs to (with permission of course) in order to change certain values. The issue is that unbinarizing the files only unbinarizes the config file, not the model.cfg. This is not the issue. The issue is that I am unable to sign any unbinarized addons with my Privatekey. You may ask: "Why dont you just binarize the files then?" The issue with that is that when it is binarized the Model.cfg is not in the file. SO pretty much I need to know if there is any way to actually sign my files without them being binarized.
PS. all the other binarized files are being signed perfectly fine!

The issue with that is that when it is binarized the Model.cfg is not in the file.

The model.cfg shouldn't stay in the .pbo anyway - the data from it gets encoded in to the .p3d model file when the model is binarised.

But honestly If you're just changing config.cpp/config.bin values you don't really need to modify the original .pbo at all. You can create a separate .pbo containing a config that patches the values in the original addon, and sign that file with your key.

Is there any other way of doing this since there are lots of PBO's and it would be quite annoying to have to remake many configs.

You don't have to remake the whole config at all, just inherit the classes from the existing addon's configs (declaring their parent class first) and only write the parameters that you want to change within the classes that you want to modify.

It's fundamentally the same as writing a replacement config like in this tutorial:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_3_Replacement_Config_Tutorial