glowbal

Arma Languages support for Atom

Arma language support for Atom

This packages adds syntax highlighting and auto-completions for SQF files in Atom, including functions and macros from the CBA and ACE3 projects. This package is maintained and developed by the ACE3 development team and the Arma community effort. Support for the following file types used by the Real Virtuality engine has been added:

• sqf
  • sqm
  • cpp
  • hpp
  • ext
  • cfg

This project is open source. The repository can be found on GitHub.

Credits

A full list of all contributors to the project can be found here.

Installation

This is an Atom package. It therefore requires Atom and is installed just like any other Atom package. Use either apm or the build in package search functionality to install the Arma Language package.

Using apm:

apm install language-arma-atom

using search:

• Open Settings
  • Click install
  • Type sqf
  • Install Language Arma Atom

Alternatively, you can also download the source from our GitHub repository and install the package manually.

Features

Syntax Highlighting

Syntax highlighting for all functions and script commands by Bohemia Interactive is supported. Next to that, functions and macros from CBA and ACE3 projects are also supported.

syntax_highlighting.png

Autocomplete

With a goal of faster development in SQF, auto-completion for all BIS functions and script commands, as well as CBA and ACE3 functions and macros, is supported. All autocomplete assets also have a type, description and URL to their documentation.

autocomplete.png

Snippets

Quick development also requires writing a lot of different blocks or combinations of code. A handful of useful snippets ranging from BIS conditional structures and loops through CBA macros and ACE3 function headers were added to help you with this.

snippets.png

Open Latest RPT File

Allows you to quickly open the latest Arma RPT log file with quick and easy access. Simply open the Command Palette and search for it or navigate to Packages -> Language Arma Atom -> Open Latest RPT File.

open_latest_rpt.png

Build Project Tools

Only available if the project being worked on is based on a project framework like CBA's and ACE3's. The project must contain build.py and make.py tools.

To ease development when working on projects with a framework like CBA's or ACE3's, quick options for building the project directly from Atom is supported. You have the ability to build a development version or a full release, simply open the Command Palette and search for it or navigate to Packages -> Language Arma Atom -> Build Dev/Release.

build_dev.png

Contributing

Contributions are greatly appreciated. You can help out with the ongoing development by looking for potential bugs in our code base, or by contributing new features. To contribute something to the Arma Language Package, simply fork the  repository and submit your pull requests for review by other collaborators (see Contributing Guide).

Please, use our Issue Tracker to report a bug, propose a feature, or suggest changes to the existing ones.

• Like 2

Congratulations on the update to everyone who helped out!

epic - i didnt even know of Atoms existence. now i can edit sqf files in it. very nice. thanks

This is fantastic! Made me make the switch from Sublime and Code to Atom.

Any chance of a Linter?

Highly possible, it's high on our wishlist as well.

Hi, I've been trying this out, seems nicely done.

I'm new to Atom. Is it possible to open the function (SQF command in this case) documentation URL in any way, other than from the autocomplete dialogue?

I'm new to Atom. Is it possible to open the function (SQF command in this case) documentation URL in any way, other than from the autocomplete dialogue?

I don't think so. Not sure what exactly you mean though, have an example?

At the moment, this is not possible. To open up the documentation in a fast way, click on your SQF command and press CTRL+SPACE to open the autocomplete dialog.

I don't think so. Not sure what exactly you mean though, have an example?

Also already answered by badguy360th. Thanks :)

Say I want to see the BI wiki page for an SQF command I am using in a mission script. As always, it is nice to be do this with as little manual work as possible.

In Notepad++, with Language Help plugin configures, I put cursor at the end of or somewhere within the word, press Ctrl+F1. (this actually opens the wiki search page with the current word as the search term, but it opens the correct command page for almost all the commands.)

In Atom, I put cursor at the end of or somewhere within the word, press Ctrl+Space, then click More...

I think the Atom variation works well enough, and is potentially far more flexible for custom functions, which gives me an idea :)