narrowsoul

Cannot Find Buildings in Editor (Resolved, You're Not Supposed to Find Them)

I can't find hardly any buildings in the editor. One example is here under Structures (Commercial), I can only find a billboard when I know there are way more structures than that available to most people. Ideas? Happens in vanilla as well, checked that when I realized that would be the first suggestion from here.

Thanks in advance, would really like to be able to get some things done in the editor.

uN4CPSR.jpg

Alternatively, you can use the config to find the building classnames and then spawn them. By default, buildings are not listed in the editor (not sure about 3den, yet?)

Alternatively, you can use the config to find the building classnames and then spawn them. By default, buildings are not listed in the editor (not sure about 3den, yet?)

Do you mean by scripting?

+1 man, thanks a million. I came across that mod in my searches but figured I was having issues since my friend was telling me he had everything and never said anything about this mod.

Do you mean by scripting?

I do indeed :)

The createVehicle command will be your friend here.

If you feel a bit intimidated by the layout of the config in the editor, check out the Arma 3 Assets library online (you'll find all the building classnames there). Then, add something like a game logic and enter this in its init. box:

_building = "enter the classname of building here, between these speech marks" createVehicle(position this);

That should do the trick (pretty sure the syntax is right, off the top of my head). If you need to change the direction of the building, or its height, you can modify it by using other commands, such as 

_building setDir 45

etc.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

I use that 101 editor as well..alternately what I do is just use the "101_editor" pbo file...drop it in my addons folder start up the game do my editing then before doing a final edit on a mission I take it back out. Since everything the 101_editor pbo unlocks is already in the game by default you really don't need to use it as an actual "Mod". Its really a great editing tool as it gives you everything from the game to place in editor.

Diesel