Sign in to follow this  
rassy7

Condition For Either Group, Even If One Doesn't Exist

I have been fumbling through forums for two days now looking for an answer and I'm not even close, so I'm just going to quit messing around and ask somebody.

I have a mission I want to come to an end, or activate a trigger, when one group falls to fewer than 3 people. There are 2 playable units in that group, both higher in rank than all the non-playable units (so either becomes the group leader if occupied). There are a total of 8 playable units in the mission (4 per side). In order for the mission to work, however, at least one of the two playable units in this particular group has to be occupied, but I'd like to open up the option for that group to have two players. Trouble is, I can't guarantee both will be occupied at all times, nor can I control which of the two units a person might choose, so I need this condition to work if either or both units are occupied.

So far I've tried several combinations of if/then statements with !isNull to see if the groups exist and go from there. Also tried them with alive unitName to see if those players exist. No luck. I tried the {_x thisList} count units groupName < 3 with a || and copying the script to the other side with the second player's groupName. That didn't work. So I don't know. How in the world should I attack this mess?

Thanks for any help!

What about:

{Alive _x } count units group player < 3

?