Tonto-

lite_Bornholm - AiA TP/CUP compatible Bornholm

Bornholm is a prize winning map by Egil Sandfeld.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174278-bornholm-denmark-terrain/

Since the day map was released, i've liked it alot. It coverages huge area and is still very detailed in visuals and audio.

Originally it was made to be standalone. This meant that all us AiA TP users had to download lots of data we already had again. Disk storage isn't expensive but this felt always really inefficient.

So I've decided to make a AiA TP compatible version of the map I love with a source files Egil has shared with the community. :)

lite_Bornholm is Bornholm that uses objects from AiA TP, and CUP in the future. Original Bornholm had a lots of nice retextured objects like trees and plants and they are the only thing that are missing here. All the retextured objects are replaced with "vanilla" objects from A2 and A2 ep1.

I guess we can say that summer has turned into autumn in Bornholm now.

Personally I think the autumn objects fit in the map really well.

Media:

http://imgur.com/gallery/w7yUY/new

Download link:

534mb - v1

Dependencies

@AllInArmaTerrainPack

Map will not work if you launch original Bornholm same time with it.

I hope we'll see more use of those source files. If conflicts turn out, I'm willing to respect Egils request to try to help each other so there's almost only one version out there.

• Like 4

Disks storage is cheap, but bandwidth isn't (Just ask the man above me). You've done an amazing favor to the community, probably saved hours of download time for clans.

Any chance we could see a PlayWithSix upload?

Ofc. Ive already uploaded it but the status is still "processing".

EDIT: seems that mega-link might have broken PWS upload. I'll try to upload it again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Could we see some pictures?Preferably comparison shots with the original Bornholm?Thanks :D

• Like 1

Congrats n the release. And thanks, Bornholm is a great map indeed, but it has many serious performance issues. I hope the A2 replacements would do the trick in that area. On a side note, I've had a Truman's Show moment, since it was two days ago I came back to play in Bornholm, and I was like "someone should do something better with this map"  :lol: .

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Tonto- , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

I don't know about Alive, but every mission made for Bornholm will work with this too.

I get warning:

Addon 'Bornholm' requires addon 'AiA_Plants_e2_Data'

I have newest @AiATP version 2015-01-01 hotfix. Any clues?

I get warning:

Addon 'Bornholm' requires addon 'AiA_Plants_e2_Data'

I have newest @AiATP version 2015-01-01 hotfix. Any clues?

Same issue here.. i tried changing the addons order but still same problem popsup.

I'm not running that one, and it works perfect for me. I'm not sure about the performance problems though, but it seems to go a little easier than the original. I mean I've played 3 missions and no grand finale with 12 FPS to be seen  :) .

Problem solved I've overwrited plants_e2.pbo from AiATP with this one. It seems you need to have original AiATP one file or run both.

Good catch! Maybe the author should look at it, I know many communities are using the A2 improved vegetation.

I'm not running that one, and it works perfect for me. I'm not sure about the performance problems though, but it seems to go a little easier than the original. I mean I've played 3 missions and no grand finale with 12 FPS to be seen  :) .

I love those finales, remind me of playing ArmA.

Last FPS standing...

Thanks OP for the map.

Will this have any issues running with CUP instead of AiA?

Will this have any issues running with CUP instead of AiA?

Nope works fine with CUP

We have a lot of problems on this map in multiplayer on dedicated, for example we had to put crates with ZEUS instead of using Editor. Also from what I remember Escape mission wasnt even starting. That would be nice if anyone could look into that.