Sign in to follow this  
XOSPECTRE

A3 futuristic

Hello I know there is lot of complains about futuristic arma 3 asset but I really love it and its not so futuristic if u try to search in google everything is somehow presented already on this planet ...Why this topic ?? I hope BIS will not go too backward in tanoa island I hope everything will have same hi tech atmosphere like current arma 3. of course some ak74 insurgent would be cool ...

There is one military website and they posting every new military technology, camouflage etc. etc.. and when I reading this website every day its seems like bis predicted lot of stuff in arma pretty accurate like green digi camo if u check this http://www.armadninoviny.cz/domains/0023-armadninoviny_cz/useruploads/images/tanky/leo2_pso_front01y6xw.jpg u can see lot of similarity ..same whith t100 warsuk looks like based on t95 cernyj orel latter armata and many more stuff bis have some secret info of ongoing new tech ? :D never mind I really like it and I hope BIS wil continue in this FUTURE PROOF game concept .

I love the arma 3 setting, it's always funny when people say it's to "futuristic"  :D

"Gorgon"

LAND_Pandur_II_8x8_w_RCWS-30_lg.jpg

"Kuma"

rheinmetall-landsysteme-gmbh-2.jpg

"Ifrit"

armored_car_punisher__spec_mvd_by_psycho

"Ghost Hawk"

854e6ca8cb1a3d6b484c24d23e98ab7b.jpg

"Tempest Truck"

eb7eae20135c48ef18c7e68dfbb1d8de.jpg

• Like 2

Exactly! Love the setting! Honestly, I wish it was more futuristic.

Railguns on Tanoa PLEASE.

IFRIT - ANSYR

GORDON - PANDUR 2

KUMA - LEOPARD EVOLUTION 2

TEMPEST - KAMAZ TYPHOON

STRIDER - FENEK

SLAMMER - MERKAVA 4

HUNTER - OSHKOOSH MTV

MARID - OTOKAR ARMA

ETC ETC EVERYONE knows their real counterparts :P

Whatever, futuristic, or not.

I would like, if there is campaign for tanoa, that the main characters (heroes) of that campaign would not be american. They can be German army, french army, Polish army, whatever. (Of course best would be if BiS finaly took theyr colective balls out of theyr colective purse, and make all the main characters of theyr games Czech from now on.)  

But the important thing is, No american in important playerside roles. 

I dont hate on mericans, but last couple of years, every modern action film i see, every military fiction book i open, every f*cking modern combat videogame i try, the hero is an f*cking murican. Its sooooo f*cking annoing. Iam actualy that close to start hating americans just out of pure annoyance with theyr overwhelming presence in entertainment. 

• Like 3

I hope BIS will not go too backward in tanoa island I hope everything will have same hi tech atmosphere like current arma 3.

They already said in a dev blog that they plan to focus on elements of near-future warfare.

I would like, if there is campaign for tanoa, that the main characters (heroes) of that campaign would not be american. They can be German army, french army, Polish army, whatever. (Of course best would be if BiS finaly took theyr colective balls out of theyr colective purse, and make all the main characters of theyr games Czech from now on.)

Agreed. I had hoped to play as AAF before the A3 campaign was released. It would also be nice to play as OPFOR for a change.

I would like, if there is campaign for tanoa, that the main characters (heroes) of that campaign would not be american.

Considering the Pacific setting, I think personally, it'd be a great move to play Australian special forces - as far as I'm aware, it hasn't been done before! Everyone knows the Ozzie's have a reputation for being double-hard :P

Oh, that thread again. Sorry, you're two years late to the party.

I hope BIS will not go too backward in tanoa island I hope everything will have same hi tech atmosphere like current arma 3.

Hate to break it to you, but Arma 3 technologically not much different from OFP set in 1985. Yes, apart from half-assed FLIR and portable ATGMs implementation there's noting new created in 50 years time in Arma's world. Chinook that joined service two months after Carribean Crisis (yes, that crisis with Khrushchev, Kennedy, Castro and Che Guevara) is black, has sharp edges and retractable gear, so much futurism! T-100 is literally worse than T-80 (no reticle and no proper FCS, intentionally pixelated sight - it even worse than some T-55) but it looks like the tank that rots at some Russian yard since late 90's, so much hi tech atmosphere! MBT Revolution, despite being pasted over with camers, still has only one viewport on driver's position, just like in some PzKpfw I from 1934 but its camo sooo cool, sooo futuristic! A-10D still can't into A-10A functionality but now has square engines because in the future everything is black and square with edges so sharp you can accidentally cut yourself with them. Infantry simulation is basically the same like OFP, except you need a full mag to kill anybody wearing "protection".

Futurism itself is not the problem if it is properly implemented. But it is not, both technologically and content-wise. Factions weapons and vehicles are inconsistent and sometimes don't even make much sence (newest German tank owned by the poor AAF who couldn't even afford an SPAAG to accompany it and in general using some British equipment stolen from scrapyard? Really? 'Muricans had thrown away their national pride and bought Israeli tank from 20th century? That's some Cold War Soviet satellite-state level here. And, of course, interesting approch to the Tempest's armor).

For me, Arma 3 feels like Arma 2 with messed up factions and way less content (yes, I know that BI had problems and understand that but it doesn't change the end result). There's nothing futuristic in it. And because BI decided to abandon '85-2015 range there's nothing contemporary or Cold War either. In the end, futuristic setting feels like a lame excuse for throwing in slightly reused content.

• Like 1

Oh, that thread again. Sorry, you're two years late to the party.

There's nothing futuristic in it. And because BI decided to abandon '85-2015 range there's nothing contemporary or Cold War either. In the end, futuristic setting feels like a lame excuse for throwing in slightly reused content.

It sounds like you didn't read the first post; he's not complaining about "futurism", he's worried that Apex content will be too contemporary. :)

But you're absolutely right; Arma 3 isn't futuristic enough. Only technologically futuristic thing I can think of are the autonomous combat vehicles.

And if you don't like the "slightly reused content", I'm afraid we might see even more of that since the new stuff will be "more familiar / modern-day armaments".

It sounds like you didn't read the first post; he's not complaining about "futurism", he's worried that Apex content will be too contemporary. :)

Yeah, I know, I was talking about "I totally love the setting, why does everybody hate it? Here, all equipment has real-world counterparts" kind of threads.

As for "reused content" I think there's not much amphibious/naval assets in BI's library to just slap a new texture on and call it a day so there's still hope. :D

As Semiconductor has said, there have been hundreds of threads similar to this one in the past.  No need for another.

I Just love arma 3 how its set up now .. I just hope bis will not make drastic changes ...only drastic change what a3 need is aimbot for ai and thei wallhack and their hardcore effectife detection of everything ...and friendly ai vs enemy a

i --> its strange if u as a rifleman whith ur squad are spoted in town by enemy mrap that enemy mrap will kill ur entire  team in few second whith agresive riding and hunting all ur team members BUT in opostite case if u in mrap ur gunner don't see at soldier 3 meters in front of his turret even if he is looking right on him  ..AI is biggest downgrade of arma3

and that weapon handling let me feel like my weapons is hanging on some ropes and u have to fight against game mechanincs and not enemy :p 

BUT again modles textures shapes are avesome I love it.

I am sorry but you guys are wrong,

In fact there is a futuristic vehicle/weapon ready for the most advanced warfare scenarios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMe4ySST34

oh how I can forget about this subparticle antireflexing interfering stealth wehicle.

.btw there is animation of legs when u press the pedal why is not that animation in planes ??

Honestly, I don't think to many people had a issue with the futuristic stuff. I just think that was just a side effect when complaining that everything and their mother had thermal/NV and lock on abilities. 

Honestly, I don't think to many people had a issue with the futuristic stuff. I just think that was just a side effect when complaining that everything and their mother had thermal/NV and lock on abilities. 

If that's the case why does everyone complain about bug helmets?

If that's the case why does everyone complain about bug helmets?

Those helmets wouldn't go amiss, in Space Engineers..

Those helmets wouldn't go amiss, in Space Engineers..

I'm not sure they would work well in a vacuum. My point was that there seem to be more complaints about the aesthetic of Arma 3 than the balance issues caused by a prevalence of FLIR, simplified lock-on system (although this was always a thing in Arma) and magnified optics.

Whatever, futuristic, or not.

But the important thing is, No american in important playerside roles. 

I dont hate on mericans, but last couple of years, every modern action film i see, every military fiction book i open, every f*cking modern combat videogame i try, the hero is an f*cking murican. Its sooooo f*cking annoing. Iam actualy that close to start hating americans just out of pure annoyance with theyr overwhelming presence in entertainment. 

They anoy me sometimes too but i think i know why B.I. is using Americans for protagonists.Because they want to make you wonder why?Why am i going into this war?What's NATO goal?The guerillas know why they fight,they fight for freedom,but me,you all of us NATO guys why are we fighting for?And questions like that witch can't be occur if you play an AAF or F.I.A. guy.

ArmA 3 hits some right spots not only the equipment kind but the political kind also.

Anyway i like this near futuristic equipment in ArmA 3,it's more REAL than any other future based games.I mean it is more possible to see ArmA 3 happening in real life than Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.

hey cal of duty is just  another standard game arma 3 is  simulation

• Like 1

One, Arma 3 isn't Futuristic. Aside from the Autonomous vehicles, a lot of weapons currently in game lack their Real Life capabilities. XM307 for example. Secondly, come Apex, were going to see more Modern gear. Modern meaning what we have, being extended further, which is great. Sick of the old rusty Cold War Era style that we've seen in every game since... The actual, cold war. Can't wait for new refreshing units. Oh also, did i mention it's not futuristic? Ok great. (wasn't there a thread on this topic already? Or several?)

Arma3 might look techy, but the underlying gameplay and simulation aspects offer little to challenge our conception of what future-- or even just contemporary war against modern industrialised nations-- might actually look like. 

Vehicle firecontrol systems are particularly glaring. As is the lack of networked information and command channels. UAV combat integration. Autonomous, and/or, Smart weapon systems. And, most importantly, the countermeasures to defeat such equipment. 

-k 

edit: Leo tank example. 

• Like 2

All upgrades and changes are well and welcome but Leo never actualy field tested all of these new technologies.Correct me if i'm wrong but Leo doesn't seen real combat yet unlike Abrams,Challenger,Merkava,T- series.All of those tanks were evolved through years of combat.Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical until i see this new tech proven in the field.

Guys plz ...:D I make this topic to REJOICE over bis way of arma 3 and they style of hi tech I let bis just know I love this way of arma :D its not important if its real or not or fake or real or tested fake or real fake tested ....JUST KEEP ARMA IN THIS STYLE and thanx all to stick to topic :p

• Like 1

Of course it's not important when everything in the game "feels" real even if they're not.And i agree about B.I. needs to keep going in this Modern Equipment road!Just not too modern. lol :lol: