vanschmoozin

Vest has no armor in game, config help.

Hey there! So no matter the number i put in for "armor=____" I cant seem to get it to translate to the game... Anyone have any ideas? heres my config section for the vests.

class Custom_Vest: Vest_Camo_Base
    {
        scope = 2;
        displayName = "Project Honor Platecarrier";
        picture = "-";
        model = "A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_Vest01";
        hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
        hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"Project_Honor\Data\moh_vest_template.paa"};
        class ItemInfo: VestItem
        {
            uniformModel = "A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_Vest01.p3d";
            containerClass = "Supply120";
            mass=80;
            armor = "5*0.5";
            passThrough=0.3;
            hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
        };
    };

Hi,

Maybe because armor value is not a string but an integer?

Hi,

Maybe because armor value is not a string but an integer?

hey man! ya thats what I thought too. but Ive tried armor=40  armor=40000 armor=4 lol i ended up on this code thats in there from another mod, that i know has working armor values in game, but when i pasted the code into my own... no dice. Im sure its something simple, but i just cant see it.

When you say "it has no armour", do you mean in it can't actually stop a .22 calibre round in-game, or the 'Armor' bar in the Arsenal not showing anything?

The code I use for my vests in-game isn't too different to that which you use:

class SSQN_VestTest_01: Vest_Camo_Base
	{
		author = "S Squadron";
		scope = 0;
		scopeArsenal = 0;
		displayName = "BASE VEST";
		picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_V_plate_carrier_1_CA.paa";
		model = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
		DLC = "SSQN";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\SSQN_Equipment\Data\crye_vests_mx1_co.paa"};
		hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {"\SSQN_Equipment\Data\crye_vests.rvmat"};
		class ItemInfo: ItemInfo
		{
			uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
			containerClass = "Supply140";
			mass = 80;
			armor = 30;
			passThrough = 0.25;
		};
	};
	class SSQN_CryeCPC_01MCM: SSQN_VestTest_01
	{
		author = "S Squadron";
		scope = 2;
		scopeArsenal = 2;
		displayName = "Crye CPC 1 (Multicam 1)";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\SSQN_Equipment\Data\crye_vests_mcm_co.paa"};
		{
			uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02.p3d";
			mass = 80;
			armor = 30;
			passThrough = 0.25;
		};
	};
	class SSQN_CryeCPC_01MX1: SSQN_CryeCPC_01MCM
	{
		displayName = "Crye CPC 1 (Multicam 2)";
	};
ETC

And as you can see, the Arsenal stats bars work fine:

ssqn_vest_stats1.jpg

When you say "it has no armour", do you mean in it can't actually stop a .22 calibre round in-game, or the 'Armor' bar in the Arsenal not showing anything?

The code I use for my vests in-game isn't too different to that which you use:

class SSQN_VestTest_01: Vest_Camo_Base
	{
		author = "S Squadron";
		scope = 0;
		scopeArsenal = 0;
		displayName = "BASE VEST";
		DLC = "SSQN";
		{
			uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
			mass = 80;
			armor = 30;
			passThrough = 0.25;
		};
	};
	class SSQN_CryeCPC_01MCM: SSQN_VestTest_01
	{
		author = "S Squadron";
		scope = 2;
		scopeArsenal = 2;
		displayName = "Crye CPC 1 (Multicam 1)";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\SSQN_Equipment\Data\crye_vests_mcm_co.paa"};
		{
			uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02.p3d";
			mass = 80;
			armor = 30;
			passThrough = 0.25;
		};
	};
	class SSQN_CryeCPC_01MX1: SSQN_CryeCPC_01MCM
	{
		displayName = "Crye CPC 1 (Multicam 2)";
	};
ETC

And as you can see, the Arsenal stats bars work fine:

ssqn_vest_stats1.jpg

I wonder whats happening... I tried copying over your code with no luck even. Minus changing the paths to lead to my files and such. And its more than just not showing in the arsenal, with an mx at 50 yards or so it takes 5 shots with the vanilla vest/values to take a unit down, and with my vest on it takes two. Oddly enough my code, which is the exact same works on the chestrig.. but not the main vests.... weird... im seriously at a loss.

no armor on regular rigs... plenty on chest rig....

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

@Jackal : How did you get your icon to show up in VA? I guess it's that "DLC" config entry?

little bit of extra info, i cant change the chestrigs armor value either... Even if i set it super low, or super high, it remains the same... tears

Hi there,

problem is that the config setup you are using is slightly outdated as there have been some improvements done to the soldier protection functionality some time ago.

So, armor is no longer defined directly in class ItemInfo (albeit it seems that Virtual Arsenal still utilize that outdated entry for armor bar indicator - we will have to fix that).

It is now defined in the class HitpointsProtectionInfo that is defined inside the class ItemInfo. Therefore, the correct config for vest (or helmet) now looks like this:

class MyAwesomeVest: Vest_Camo_Base
{
	{
		class HitpointsProtectionInfo
		{
			class whatever1 //use any name you want
			{
				hitpointName	= "HitChest"; //enter protected hit point class name from soldier Hitpoints class here
				armor		= 16; //enter desired armor value for hit point referenced above
				passThrough	= 0.3; //fraction of damage passed to the total damage through this hit point
			};
			class whatever2
                        etc...
		};
		mass = 80; //enter desired weight
		containerClass = "Supply140"; //enter desired capacity
		etc...
	};
};

Default hit points defined in every vanilla soldier Hitpoints class are: HitFace, HitNeck, HitHead, HitPelvis, HitAbdomen, HitDiaphragm, HitChest, HitBody, HitArms, HitHands, HitLegs.

Parameter passThrough is also defined in every hit point class and both passThrough from hit point class and vest class referencing to this hit point are multiplied together when the vest is equipped.

Hope this will help you guys a little. Good luck.

• Like 3

@Jackal : How did you get your icon to show up in VA? I guess it's that "DLC" config entry?

Needs a class cfgMods to set up the logo and the dlc= config parameter to attach it to the item in Arsenal.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185275-how-to-have-custom-icons-for-items-in-the-arsenal/

Hi there,

problem is that the config setup you are using is slightly outdated as there have been some improvements done to the soldier protection functionality some time ago.

So, armor is no longer defined directly in class ItemInfo (albeit it seems that Virtual Arsenal still utilize that outdated entry for armor bar indicator - we will have to fix that).

It is now defined in the class HitpointsProtectionInfo that is defined inside the class ItemInfo. Therefore, the correct config for vest (or helmet) now looks like this:

{
	{
		{
			{
				hitpointName	= "HitChest"; //enter protected hit point class name from soldier Hitpoints class here
				passThrough	= 0.3; //fraction of damage passed to the total damage through this hit point
			};
			class whatever2
                        etc...
		};
		etc...
	};
};

Default hit points defined in every vanilla soldier Hitpoints class are: HitFace, HitNeck, HitHead, HitPelvis, HitAbdomen, HitDiaphragm, HitChest, HitBody, HitArms, HitHands, HitLegs.

Parameter passThrough is also defined in every hit point class and both passThrough from hit point class and vest class referencing to this hit point are multiplied together when the vest is equipped.

Thanks for the info. Has any of this made it to stable-branch yet? I ask only because I can't find any mention of this is any of the default config files.

@haleks: da12thmonkey nailed it with regard to the icon ;)

• Like 3

Hi there,

{
	{
		{
			{
			};
			class whatever2
                        etc...
		};
		etc...
	};
};

Great info here, thanks so much! So... I ran into something else a little more/less strange.. I can't decide yet. So i got my armor values to work using the same code, just re-written a bit. I changed my naming from "Custom_Vest" to more fitting to my mod "Project_Honor_vest" and all of the sudden, IT WORKED :0 but heres the weird part, Now everything is doubled... So i have my old vests (Custom_Vest) with no armor values, and my new ones (Project_Honor_Vest) both showing in the arsenal... but the project honor one responds to the changes i make in the config towards armor values. But now i cant get rid of the others :( I've searched my entire config, and the only thing with the word custom left in it is my Custom_Faction... So its weird that all vests/uniforms/bags/helmets are all doubled, showing both the new and old classnames. Heres a copy of my config code on the vests now, in case im missing something obvious...

class Project_Honor_Vest_1: Vest_Camo_Base

{

scope = 2;

displayName = "Project Honor Platecarrier";

picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_v_tacvest_blk_ca.paa";

class ItemInfo: VestItem {

uniformModel = "A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_Vest01";

mass = 40;

armor = 400;

passThrough = 1;

};

};

Hi there,

{
	{
		{
			{
			};
			class whatever2
                        etc...
		};
		etc...
	};
};

Does that mean that modders also have to change model.p3d and model.cfg for old mods?

Does anyone know how to change what it says when you mouse over the Item in the inventory? For example the vanilla plate carrier rig says Armor Level IV.

If anyone is stumbling onto this problem since the update, I changed my configs to be this and it works flawless in game now!

class Project_Honor_Vest_1: Vest_Camo_Base
    {

scope = 2;

displayName = "[PH] Project Honor Platecarrier";

author = "VanSchmoozin";

picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_v_tacvest_blk_ca.paa";

class ItemInfo: VestItem {

uniformModel = "A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_Vest01";

mass = 40;

class HitpointsProtectionInfo {
                class Chest {
                    HitpointName = "HitChest";
                    armor = 16;
                    PassThrough = 0.3;
                };

class Diaphragm {
                    HitpointName = "HitDiaphragm";
                    armor = 16;
                    PassThrough = 0.3;
                };

class Abdomen {
                    hitpointName = "HitAbdomen";
                    armor = 16;
                    passThrough = 0.3;
                };

class Body {
                    hitpointName = "HitBody";
                    passThrough = 0.3;
                };
            };
        };

};

• Like 3

I'll probably have to try this with this custom vest, thanks for the heads up Van.

no problem brotha! B)

• Like 2

I dont really understand what you guys are talking about with all this code and stuff. But im having the same problem, can you guys try to explain it to me a diffrent way?

Does anyone know how to change what it says when you mouse over the Item in the inventory? For example the vanilla plate carrier rig says Armor Level IV.

not sure if you can make that happen with a config entry. i got it to work by inheriting my vest directly from BIS's vests. the rest of the config is the same except inherit from V_PlateCarrierIA2_dgtl (depending on what armor value u want to show) instead of Vest_Camo_Base. everything seems to work fine. You can easily test the differences in armor values in virtual arsenal. NOTE that even tho it may show 'armor level IV" you still need to define the individual hitpoints armour (they do not inherit from the BIS vest)

I dont really understand what you guys are talking about with all this code and stuff. But im having the same problem, can you guys try to explain it to me a diffrent way?

The code is for the config of mods, not mission scripts. I guess read up on creating addons if you want to learn.

Use the 'descriptionShort' parameter, e.g.

descriptionShort = "Armor Level III";
  • Like 1

Does anyone have the new vanilla config for the vest and helmets?

I want to use the vanilla hitclass settings for the vanilla vest I retextured. Thx for the help.

Does anyone have the new vanilla config for the vest and helmets?

I want to use the vanilla hitclass settings for the vanilla vest I retextured. Thx for the help.

They vary from vest to vest, you're better off just unpacking the config yourself so you have it to hand. Some use armor values of 16 as vanschmoozin showed above, some others use a value of 20.

As long as you set the inheritance up correctly your newly retextured vest will inherit the default values from the vest you're editing so you shouldn't need to define them.

I must be doing something wrong then. I'll post my configs later today

OK, I'll check them out when you post them up

Keep in mind just because the Arsenal shows the vests as having no armour, doesn't mean that they don't have any - the Arsenal hasn't been patched to work properly with the new PPE system and shows nil armour for everything. The true test is if you can survive getting hit in the chest :P

• Like 1

I hate to necro a thread, but does anyone know the class for the helmet armor slot?

Would this be correct?

class Head {
                    hitpointName = "HitHead";
					armor = 15;
                    passThrough = 0.6;
                };

I think "Head" can be called anything, so long as "HitHead" is the hitpointName value