ligthert

makepob: Can't include file (Linux)

I am trying to setup a build-server on Linux for an A3m mod, it all works fine up until the point where I start to compile a folder with a config.cpp into a pbo with Mikero's Tools (linux).

The config.cpp has the following line:

#include <\x\alive\addons\main\script_mod.hpp>
makepbo does its thing but ultimately fails with the following error:

config.cpp In File x/alive/addons/composition_a3/script_component.hpp: Line 2 Cannot include file
The noticable difference is maybe the pathing where its "x/alive/etc" vs "\X\alive\etc".

Is this a factor in compiling config.cpp in Linux with Mikero's MakePBO? If so, how do I resolve this?

i'll check the code and get back to you, the linux versions are compiled with automatic '\' replacement, something may have gone bang.

In the meantime, since windows has no issues with either / or \ you could change the source to / (even tho it's not your code)

Hi Mikero, Thanks for the reply!

Is there anything about the absolute path ( "\x\etc" ), is it something I should take in account ( or needs a rewrite ) ?

Hi Mikero, Thanks for the reply!

Is there anything about the absolute path ( "\x\etc" ), is it something I should take in account ( or needs a rewrite ) ?

You should not need to do anything special. I'll look into this problem, hopefully soon...

killswitch and i need to check the code, there's a definite mistake at my end that slipped thru, we will find it. In the meantime, your choice is to alter the   \ to / by hand wherever you encounter it causing problems. Windows is smart enough to treat either character as a file separator so you aren't upsetting the same files built on windows platforms.

This is actually fine:

#include <\x\alive\addons\main\script_mod.hpp>

if the file script_mod.hpp exists in the folder /x/alive/addons/main on the Linux machine. This is an absolute path, unlike in Windows where \x\alive\addons\main is a relative path (ie the path is relative to the current drive).

However, there was another issue with the binaries that I have fixed. A new version (0.5.27) should be available from mikero soon.

Hi KillSwitch,

Has 0.5.27 been commited by any chance? I've recently installed a fresh Ubuntu box and installed the Linux mikero tools. Currently its running:

makepbo x32Version 1.90, Dll 5.20 ""

Is there a direct link to a newer version of the linux tools?

(even on the new box I still get the same error: config.cpp In File x/alive/addons/amb_civ_command/script_component.hpp: Line 2 Cannot include file)