Uk Maps Pack!

Firstly welcome and thank you for taking the time to read my post. 

A few months ago I learnt to make maps for Arma 3. After reaching a stage I felt I would be able to give it a shot, I made several small test maps to have a look at the functionality of Terrain Builder.

I have now begun making my first official map for Arma 3, it will be a UK based map, as stated in the topic title. It is based on a small Island called Fair Isle (See Here For Location) I will try to be recreating the Island as accurately as possible, this may be difficult due to the cliffs that surround its cost line & the angle at which the cost lines drastically changes but I will give it my best shot!

I will be creating custom buildings for this Island as well, this will increase the immersion and benefit missions scenario. But this will be a secondary aim as I want to get the map created and A3 buildings in as place holders to start. 
Also every map will have a winter variant so there will be a large variety of maps and seasons. 

For Details about the map and its towns, airstrips and layout see the image below.

F0ym41c.jpg

Map Screenshots
Below is an album I have created that will be continuously updated as I add more locations and features.
It currently includes one map location in early development, general screenshots and some building models in early development.

The terrain will take priority over the models, the map will hopefully be released for Christmas in working order to allow people to give feed back, any issues found with the map will be fixed by next release in February next year.

Please be aware that I am the sole developer on this pack so it will take time to finish but i will be working as fast as possible with the intention of the best quality possible.

Please leave any comments that you have here I will try to respond as quickly as possible!

• Like 5

Looking good! Good to see British Maps in the making!

You should do North London, it naturally looks like a Warzone 

• Like 3

I am looking into areas to map currently and part of a major city was an idea so I will defiantly be looking into it!

Whatever you do please try not to  use Altis houses!! Maybe some buildings from Altis could be fine but the rest break the immersion.

A lot of the buildings aren't going to be used as they as too Greek but I will be using the dark stone clad buildings and some industrial buildings just to add abit more to the map. I have made the island slightly larger than in real life due to it being quite small and I will be increasing the amount of houses and locations for game play purposes.

hey mate can you make a map where we can have like the twin towers,eiffel tower, big ben, london eye and taj mahal all on the same map???

hey mate can you make a map where we can have like the twin towers,eiffel tower, big ben, london eye and taj mahal all on the same map???

I like that you keep your mod requests small and humble...

I like that you keep your mod requests small and humble...

you dont want to over woke the modder:)

I was thinking about doing a location that would have a landmark building but that's just a small thought at the mo!

I was thinking about doing a location that would have a landmark building but that's just a small thought at the mo!

How about Swindon's magic roundabout?

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/media/images/63119000/jpg/_63119443_msn_magic_roundabout_470x350.jpg

I'd like to see an armor column maneuver through that 

haha that looks great I may not do Swindon its self but the roundabout may make an appearance.

Haha so weird! I was getting ready to make a Fair Isle Map too! Just got done with the masking.  :ph34r: Can't wait for yours to release though, looks sick! 

Update 

My realism group 1JEF as seen on the title has now disbanded but I will be continuing to make the maps and as I am the only person involved in making them it will just the the UK Maps Pack, I hope to have a version for release soon but real life has been getting in the way.

• Like 1

Thanks for sending us the first version :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

UK Maps Pack v0.1 alpha

** Armaholic now supports authors with donation button/links. When you have any donation/support links please contact me!

Very nice.

Many thanks.

I have already added lots of buildings and objects to the settlements and surrounding areas, I have made a development plan that will be released with the next update in a couple of weeks most probably but possibly sooner depending on my free time.

So far I have set up a set of 8 or so building compounds and layouts with objects and stuff that have begun to be placed and more are on there way, I will be changing the terrain height at the ferry as well to make a more gradual slope to allow for more buildings and easier access. Any other things anyone wants to have more off and changed let me know as they will be added to the development plan. This is just a couple of the many things on the development plan that will be implemented for next update.

New mod v0.1-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Captain Fantastic , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hey Guys,

So I have begun to work in my maps again and will be updating it soon hopefully.

To start what I have done so far:

- Improve the terrain

- Updated height mapping to correct scale and positions

- Updates shape of the island and features around the island

- Roads placement

- Correct roads types are now in place and will be updated to U.K. looking roads

- Using QGIS I have taken the real placements of the roads so it's all correct

What is still needed:

- Texture Updates

- improving the terrain with correct textures that you find in the U.K.

- Detailing the textures and making them look realistic

- Building Placement

- Buildings and their layouts are a big part of maps

- Creating all locations and their layouts

- Trees & Rocks

- Placing trees in realistic locations

- Rocks around the island to provide hard cover

• Like 2