ruPal

ruPal Weapon Holding

This mod no longer works for me? Maybe it conflicts with Massi weaps..

Maybe something wrong with config entries of other mods. It works with CBA+ACE+RHS fine. I have tested it. Made a new version to give support to AK-104 and AK-105. Will post it in 1-2 days. Other thing works fine.

Hey Rupal did this latest update include the M27 IAR hand hold position? Also are the standalone AK and M4 mods going to be updated as well?

khaosmatical, I am sorry, forgot about M27 IAR. Will fix it in next version. It uses the same animation, so no problem with it.
Permanent mods will not be updated. I switched to this mod. This mod is more complicated but easier to support. It was hard to modify configs for USAF weapons. RHS made a lot of weapon classes of the same weapon but different attachments and it took a lot of time to check all of them each RHS release. Someone asked me to add function to modify holding on mission start, but I forgot about that too. That is not a problem too and hope to include it in next release.

Cheers ruPal, btw I found using ACE menu that it works, but for AI it's not the default grip. Anyway to change that?

Ok thanks for the info, do you know if you will do a version which doesn't require ACE? I have some collections which currently don't use it is all and it's quite a big mod to get for the wonderful hand grips.

Ok thanks for the info, do you know if you will do a version which doesn't require ACE? I have some collections which currently don't use it is all and it's quite a big mod to get for the wonderful hand grips.

Probably, no. I use ACE3 and it gave me inspiration to make this mod. I can give you instructions how to change grip (not a script version, but permanent changes) on weapons and you may use this mods as base to your own mod: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185730-rupal-ak-holding/and https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185738-rupal-m4-m16-holding/

New version v.0.4:
- added support for M27 IAR

- added function to manually change weapon grip

- icon for ACE3 action

- small code optimization

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!zcEzmRaZ!s1AfeOMfhT2a3jSOsOv6jwyT1liOpkxkgOETWP9PPF8

New function:

[unit] call ruPal_weapon_fnc_ChangeHoldingOnStart;

"Unit" changes weapon grip if he had compatible weapon in hands. Didn't check in multiplayer (not dedi, not host). Give some feedback about multiplayer if you can, please.

Thank you, Mistyronin. Lately I found that the same solution was in RHS with folded AK weapon. So that is your team idea. I just reinvented it.

After the latest RHS update mod is not working for me. Anyways big thx for your effort making this mod.

After the latest RHS update mod is not working for me. Anyways big thx for your effort making this mod.

Thank you for your feedback. I am tired of Arma 3. Game and modding takes too much time. That is a headache to solve problems with Arma and mods updates.

RHS now has it's own handgrip changes for all AR15s.

But not AKs :( Now we're stuck holding the damn AKs under the barrel not on the magazine....

On 5/22/2016 at 1:55 AM, khaosmatical said:

RHS now has it's own handgrip changes for all AR15s.

What, how, where!? I can't find any setting in RHS relating to that.

21 minutes ago, hascoman said:

What, how, where!? I can't find any setting in RHS relating to that.

There aren't. It's done automatically depending on the grip of the weapon.

41 minutes ago, belbo said:

There aren't. It's done automatically depending on the grip of the weapon.

Yeah I thought so. But thanks for the confirmation.

Hey ruPal, is there any way you can redo the animation for the APEX SPAR series? The holding of the weapon by the magazine is simply atrocious. 

• Like 3