ruPal

ruPal Weapon Holding

The sucsessor of my two latest mods (AK holding and M4/M16 holding). It utilizes ACE3 menu system and gives you the ability to change grip on several RHS weapons in game. I didn't test it in MP but cannot find any reason why it will not work. The video below shows what this mod do.

This mod may give you not only visual effects but also a gameplay experience. This system can be modified in way to influence different parameters of weapons - accuracy, dispersion, recoil, etc.

Working on this mod I find one more idea for a mod - weapon customization. You can attach and detach such items as underbarrel grenade launchers, grip pods etc. Made some research and found compatible weapons in M4, M16 and AK series of RHS mod (needs more research). But this will be possible if I can get models of this items from devs.

Known issues:
When you change grip on weapon, your sight go to default mode and zeroing.

Changelog:
v.0.1:

- initial release
v.0.2:

- fixed ACE3 temperature handling

- fixed flashlight and IR-lasers handling

Dependencies:

-CBA_A3

-ACE3
-RHS:USAF
-RHS:AFRF

Function to manually change grip:

[unit] call ruPal_weapon_fnc_ChangeHoldingOnStart;

"Unit" changes weapon grip if he had compatible weapon in hands. Didn't check in multiplayer (not dedi, not host). Give some feedback about multiplayer if you can, please.

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!zcEzmRaZ!s1AfeOMfhT2a3jSOsOv6jwyT1liOpkxkgOETWP9PPF8

Mirror:
news_download_a3_3.png

• Like 4

This is a neat idea. It would make a lot of sense as a diegetic way to indicate how fatigued your character is; the more tired the further back along the weapon his arm retreats.

Download link added in first post. I didn't test MP, hope somebody leave feedback.

P. S. Don't know how to move thread in Complete section of forum, sorry.

i can't believe you got this to work!i saw people saying it was not possible to change grip once the mission had started.Well done for persevering!i hope your plan to be able to attach grenade launchers and gripods etc will work.Keep it up!

i can't believe you got this to work!i saw people saying it was not possible to change grip once the mission had started.Well done for persevering!i hope your plan to be able to attach grenade launchers and gripods etc will work.Keep it up!

Well, it is possible. You cannot change configs of weapons, that is true. But in this mod I change weapons not configs. Mod replaces the whole weapon super-fast, you don't and cannot notice that visually. The same system may be applied to any weapon, but you need two weapons (one with attachment and one without). You can swap one to another and voila - grip/any attachment/etc changes! The problem with that system is the lack of pair of weapon models and models of attachements.

Btw, I solved an ACE3 temperature issue (Thank you, Glowbal!).

P. S. Thank you, foxhound!

• Like 2

I guess you might notice it when you have a flashlight or laser sight on. You'd have to re-enable that after you switched :P

I guess you might notice it when you have a flashlight or laser sight on. You'd have to re-enable that after you switched :P

Nope. Just stop using flashlights and lasers. Too tactical.

P. S. Will try to fix in next build.

Nice wee mod you made!

For some reason if you change grip on the m4 in arsenal and go back to the load-out screen in disappears. Not a major deal, but I thought I'd just let you know. 

Nope. Just stop using flashlights and lasers. Too tactical.

P. S. Will try to fix in next build.

Yeah man, it should be possible with the action command. My wonder is though, how one detects whether a light is on or off (laser and flashlight)...doesn't seem to be a script command for that yet :/

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey kukus , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

That's what i'm talking about, you sir made my day XD

do you have any plan making another variants of grip such as with VFG or AFG

DPP_0011copy-1%5B1%5D.jpg

1AuthorSideSZD-2.jpg

or this?

question-time-9.jpg

Well, it is possible. You cannot change configs of weapons, that is true. But in this mod I change weapons not configs. Mod replaces the whole weapon super-fast, you don't and cannot notice that visually. The same system may be applied to any weapon, but you need two weapons (one with attachment and one without). You can swap one to another and voila - grip/any attachment/etc changes! The problem with that system is the lack of pair of weapon models and models of attachements.

Btw, I solved an ACE3 temperature issue (Thank you, Glowbal!).

P. S. Thank you, foxhound!

so you can maybe have beta c mag know and all that stuff

do you have any plan making another variants of grip such as with VFG or AFG

I don't have enough skills to make animatioms. I used RHS animations to make all that stuff.

so you can maybe have beta c mag know and all that stuff

Nope. I didn't make models or animations. I made only configs and scripts to handle that.

Yeah man, it should be possible with the action command. My wonder is though, how one detects whether a light is on or off (laser and flashlight)...doesn't seem to be a script command for that yet :/

isFlashlightOn and isIRLaserOn must solve that problem. But what about scope modes. May you give me any solution?

isFlashlightOn and isIRLaserOn must solve that problem. But what about scope modes. May you give me any solution?

Didn't know about these two commands...couldn't find them anywhere. Thanks (I'm modifying a mod that depends on them).

Scope...that's a good one...Try https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/switchCamera and the 'cameraView' command.

Now for scopemodes...like if ur on the CQB sight and u switch hand anims, you'll go to regular scope....I don't think there's an easy way around this..not one I can think of right now anyway.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Didn't know about these two commands...couldn't find them anywhere. Thanks (I'm modifying a mod that depends on them).

Scope...that's a good one...Try https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/switchCamera and the 'cameraView' command.

Now for scopemodes...like if ur on the CQB sight and u switch hand anims, you'll go to regular scope....I don't think there's an easy way around this..not one I can think of right now anyway.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thank you, Sanchez. Btw, first post updated, version 0.2 released.

Changelog:

v.0.2:

- fixed ACE3 temperature handling

- fixed flashlight and IR-lasers handling

New known issue:

When you change grip on weapon, your sight gets default mode and zeroing.

Made a feature request on feedback tracker to solve this problem http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26465

P. S. Added list of classnames for those who wants to give weapon with alternative grip in editor. All new classes have scope=1, you will not see them in Virtual Arsenal.

Nice wee mod you made!

For some reason if you change grip on the m4 in arsenal and go back to the load-out screen in disappears. Not a major deal, but I thought I'd just let you know. 

Sorry, just saw your post. The problem may be in scope parameter. There are no weapons with alternative grip in Arsenal. I made that not to clog arsenal. You may use list of classnames for script purposes.

I think that is a good idea create a mod or add to this "bandolier" like a mod of ArmA II, that when, for exemple change your primary gun for one secondary gun the primary keeps in front not on back of soldier like if they were glued. What you think ?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

This mod no longer works for me? Maybe it conflicts with Massi weaps..

I think that is a good idea create a mod or add to this "bandolier" like a mod of ArmA II, that when, for exemple change your primary gun for one secondary gun the primary keeps in front not on back of soldier like if they were glued. What you think ?

The actual animation is hardcoded for the game and can't be changed. Nothing against the devs but they're Czech, so in their military they still shoulder their weapons like that, so conversely everybody does. Besides given various body armor geometries then there would be clipping issues and the complaints will never end. Granted this animation has been used since OFP Alpha, I do agree it needs to be changed to some degree,