Sign in to follow this  
-NBR- Magic

Game automatically optimizes video settings...

Whenever i join a server in the chat in the bottom left iit comes up saying "optimizing graphics settings" How do i stop this please?  I optimise the game via the Nvidia GeForce experience software before i launch the game, but the game overwrites these settings everytime i join and set the view and draw distances back to a stock 1500 and 900 i think. Its driving me crazy having to reset everything each time i join a server.

Its probably something simple, but google searches on the issue brings up loads of tweaks guides which arent really much help.  Any help apreciated thanks.

First Fforget Experience. You don't do anything with that. Tune the settings in-game.

I've never heard about that view distances gets optimized automatically by the game to the some certain point. The server, mission or some addon/script can force or not let you go beyond something with your in-game settings. Also some servers/gamemodes are using some kind of a view distance script that you need access in the mission via scroll menu or shift+U or something like that. You tune that first and then tune your in-game settings.

You're maybe playing in a server and/or mode that doesn't let you go beyond 1500/900 or if it does only way to go beyond that is to find some scripted menu like in the scroll menu or some key combination.

Saying the server and mod or gamemode would help a lot.