romzet

ArmSTALKER Online – In development.

Is there anyone who can help or suggest how to make a headlamp ?

• Like 1

@Romzet, Shay_Gman from MCC have a working headlamp on MCC survival modules...check with him =)

Anxious to jump on Da Zone with your playable alpha/beta/whicheverletter lol

Spasibo!

Wut - Video has been copyright claimed by Exile Mod..

Does it use the Namalsk terrain ? I know they were granted permission to port the map to A3, It does not however grant any copyright and i know Sumrak would not want to see it being abused, channel admin can contact Youtube and have it appealed.

Yes, it was showing the Namalsk Terrain, and as Richie said, them having the right to port it, does not mean they suddenly own the intellectual property of Namalsk...

What the heck...

• Like 2

As I read in the comments - youtube -  from Exile mod team this map ported is a leaked copy ... a good start I think.

As I read in the comments - youtube -  from Exile mod team this map ported is a leaked copy ... a good start I think.

Leaked or not... it's not their property unless Surmak is the one who asked to have it removed.

• Like 1

Leaked or not... it's not their property unless Surmak is the one who asked to have it removed.

This is your opinion, to me is an insult make a video with leaked content.

We did not even know that this leak. How could I know? I saw the map on armaholic and downloaded.

Despite the fact that we have settled the problems with Exile-team, they are not going to remove the strike =\

Doesn't matter, abusing the copyright claim system because you don't like someones video for any reason is wrong. I doubt Exile was granted intellectual copyright over Namalsk. Can you even file copyright for something made with Bohemia assets?   

• Like 4

Filing a false DMCA is also a criminal offence, at the end of the day we all know there is no copyright registered

I don't condone abusing leaks but i would hate to see Namalsk go the same way Taviana went :( terrains shouldn't be cash cows to milk or profit from.

• Like 1

@romzet : Maybe you could repost the video with the link to Namalsk Terrain on Armaholic as well as the default Arma License (share-alike, non-commercial)?

I don't know how youtube handles these things, but surely having the link for the sources and license informations would prevent such abuses?

@romzet : Maybe you could repost the video with the link to Namalsk Terrain on Armaholic as well as the default Arma License (share-alike, non-commercial)?

I don't know how youtube handles these things, but surely having the link for the sources and license informations would prevent such abuses?

Bare in mind that the Youtube DMCA system is totally automated. Trying to repost the video will just garner another strike and make appeal harder. So they should just appeal it, and if that doesn't work they should contact the maker of the original terrain. I doubt he'll be happy if it turns out Exile are unlawfully claiming IP rights over Namalsk. But if the Youtube appeal actually gets put before a real person it's likely to succeed. Because last time I checked, footage of Arma III is all Bohemia's copyright anyway.

• Like 1

And the link is gone for the leaked version... it got pulled from armaholic after they realized it was a leaked version...

I was going to download and got sidetracked... came back and I thought I was going crazy cuz it wasn't on Frontpage anymore...

Maybe Epoch should DMCA claim all of Exile's videos for creating a wholesale knockoff of their mechanics in the first place? They shouldn't be salty at ArmSTALKER because Exile held a public beta with nothing but the honor system to stop parts of it ending up on the internet for others to unknowingly download. It just shows what a bunch of total amateurs they are.      

• Like 1

CORDON 2.0 NEW MAP.

5pI_ZFYqf7U.jpg

More screenshots

C7GbHeRvcrQ.jpgVVlCl8SYfx4.jpgwE4CEcCfIqg.jpgvpEWQJteEJc.jpgWX93-R9l6h8.jpgTjnomOBdDBs.jpg

• Like 12

Jesus Christ, guys! This is every STALKER fan's dream!

Is there anyone who can help or suggest how to make a headlamp ?

i dont think it is possible currently. Only weapon flashlights are possible

i dont think it is possible currently. Only weapon flashlights are possible

I think only with very heavy scripting an object with spot/reflector light on it could be attached to the characters head, but I suspect it would be really hard to make it work properly in multiplayer and to make look good..

Actually can man class have reflector light class in it that works? Has anyone tried? EDIT. Tried it.. Crashes the game. 

Now that I thought about it I got one idea that might even work if you want to try it out. It is pretty hacky, but could work.

1. First you need a invisible turret object that has spotlight in it and it should have the turret rotation axises around the man characters head dimesions (with 360 rotation) and it should be configured so that its invulnerable and theres no visual proxies for the gunner that operates it.

2. Then this "light" would be attached to man characters "head" selection so that it follows the man better. Apply offset so that the light is in the head.

3. Write a script that commands the gunner of the "light" turret to follow the line of sight of the player/ character that it is attached to

4. Add some flare sprite to the spot where the light is supposed to be to show the lights origin. (even if its not completely accurate)

--> Could work in theory.

Now couple of things to note: 
 +crouching and prone positions may cause issues as the attached light might not follow the head that well, but It could be manageable.

+the gunners getin/getout and eject actions should be overridden so that he/it will not jump out of the gun in the middle of a firefight and could use custom fsm or disable AI scripting to make sure he wont call out targets and stuff like that.

i registered for the forums just to tell you how i fucking love you for making this mod

New animation standing with a gun in one hand.

O4aEv44yf8I.jpg

Those hand animations alone got me hyped :D

• Like 1