Kydoimos

Objects for Tanoa

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for small modelling projects - would anyone like to make some requests for some objects relating to Tanoa? Or maybe even contribute? Anything from beach balls to punji spikes - heck I don't know, what would you guys like to see? :) And the more obscure the better, BIS will no doubt have more than a few things covered!

I would really like to see a Apple Notebook/Macbook, an "Mr. Ali G" painting/picture or poster and a fluffy Panda. You never know when you need one of those!  <_<

For real, I'm not kidding.

• Like 2

We'd love some objects for our terrain :)

Anything from road signs to small misc objects, even a bus stop would go a long way, if you want to help.

• Like 1

I would really like to see a Apple Notebook/Macbook, an "Mr. Ali G" painting/picture or poster and a fluffy Panda. You never know when you need one of those! 

I reckon I could see to that, at some point! :D

We'd love some objects for our terrain :)

Anything from road signs to small misc objects, even a bus stop would go a long way, if you want to help.

Okay, matey - I'll see if I can think up some things! Below are a couple of screenshots of some objects that will be appearing with my updated Resist campaign - the only thing they're lacking is a few diminishing resolution / shadow LODs, but they ought to be fairly easy to add if you're concerned about performance. I still have a little way to go when it comes to proper optimisation, for some of the more advanced objects.

Once Resist is finished, I'm more than happy for members of the community to use the content for whatever they want (a few of these have hiddenSelections too). Here's a few renders (manhole model was created by Daniel Boggild while I was still getting to grips with Blender):

Military_Whiteboard_01_Render_zpsfkpbkk3

Manhole_Render_zpsvergdy4e.png

Gun_Rack_Render_zps5xo3pvou.pngMilitary_Bed_Render_zpsfs7vfmgt.png

• Like 3

I would really like to see a Apple Notebook/Macbook, an "Mr. Ali G" painting/picture or poster and a fluffy Panda. You never know when you need one of those!  <_<

For real, I'm not kidding.

I'm not a fan of Apple but I'd love to see some modern command centre tech. Just fancy holo interfaces, deployable servers, radio-comm-satellite-hacking-thingies, panels with colourful buttons - stuff like that. The old laptop and desktop PC objects are not going to cut it. We need something that lives up to the 2035 setting. Modern technology which can be used to simulate all kinds of modern comm systems or electronic warfare suites.

I'm not a fan of Apple but I'd love to see some modern command centre tech. Just fancy holo interfaces, deployable servers, radio-comm-satellite-hacking-thingies, panels with colourful buttons - stuff like that. The old laptop and desktop PC objects are not going to cut it. We need something that lives up to the 2035 setting. Modern technology which can be used to simulate all kinds of modern comm systems or electronic warfare suites.

Awesome idea! I'm going to do a little research! If anyone has any reference images, please post them!

I always loved the Mass Effect interfaces. Maybe a bit too modern and too colourful for the Armaverse but they have some cool laptops and holo consoles:

masseffect22015-11-02ops42.png masseffect32015-11-02hssxs.png masseffect32015-11-029asf1.png masseffect32015-11-02wfsqp.png masseffect32015-11-0291so6.png masseffect32015-11-02crshb.png masseffect32015-11-0275sf9.png masseffect32015-11-02zasgw.png masseffect32015-11-02vfseh.png

Hey Kyd,

Yeah I would go for this sort of thing, props that would 'fill out' BI's portable cabins and towers.

That bed and gun rack you've done already would fit perfectly.

I would expand on that, maybe mirror what Poolpunk is doing with themed object packs?

Check out the new interactive Endgame objects, they're pretty sweet examples of more advanced objects.

I've always liked your 'expanded Armaverse' theme. While prepping stuff for Tanoa could be a good idea, it's still a bit of an unknown at this point, you risk creating objects that BI have already got in the pipeline.

E

Awesome idea! I'm going to do a little research! If anyone has any reference images, please post them!

They're pretty much just regular computers. Maybe just make the screen a permanent window of MS Outlook and you'll have the most realistic props out there!

I tried to do texturing, but it turns out I suck, maybe someday i'll show you all the mess I made with it!

@[EVO] Dan - stick with it, matey! You'll get there! Your modelling's good - you could always team up with someone!

Here's some renders for Richie, for his Isla de Spero mod - I've tried to keep it as close as possible to the Altis road signs for continuity's sake, but can always chop and change if a different vibe is needed :D

Road_Sign_Render_Front_zpswaotmoo7.pngRoad_Sign_Render_Back_zpsjhbgqnju.png

I'm afraid to see watching Tanoa trees that falling like stupid sticks

Want your sources? Go play Far Cry 3 and see how they did things, then just adjust them a little. 

Could include stuff like

Military --------------

-WW2 Japanese/US/Australian Ship wrecks -------------- (i.e Destroyers, cruiser, Carriers etc..)

-WW2 Japanese/US/Australian Boat wrecks -------------- (i.e PT boats etc..)

-WW2 Japanese Bunkers ------------------------------------- (i.e machine gun nests, small arms nests, anti tank gun nests etc...) 

-WW2 Japanese/US/Australian Aircraft ---------------------(i.e Spitfire, Zero, Corsair, P40 Kittyhawk etc...)

-WW2 Japanese/US/Australian Vehicle wrecks -----------(i,e tanks, trucks, cars, jeeps...)

-WW2 Towers --------------------------------------------------- (i.e search towers, radio towers, gun towers, guard towers..)

-WW2 Airfield assests ------------------------------------------(i.e trucks, ammo racks, repair etc...)

-WW2 Coastal guns ---------------------------------------------(i.e big fucking guns...)

-WW2 Japanese/US/Australian Submarine wrecks

Civilian --------------

-Wrecked Boats

-Wrecked Ships 

-Radio towers

-Weed fields (lol)

-Ancient Islander/Asian structures

just to name a few.. Pretty much anything out of Far Cry 3

@xxgetbuck123 - cheers for the ideas, I'll certainly look into Farcry 3.

-WW2 Japanese/US/Australian Ship wrecks -------------- (i.e Destroyers, cruiser, Carriers etc..)

This was actually something I've given a lot of thought towards. Basically, I wanted to create a WW2 Japanese submarine wreck. The only thing stopping me is reservations regarding my modelling skills. Going to build up to that, I think :D

Starting out small and working up to more complicated things!

@xxgetbuck123 - cheers for the ideas, I'll certainly look into Farcry 3.

This was actually something I've given a lot of thought towards. Basically, I wanted to create a WW2 Japanese submarine wreck. The only thing stopping me is reservations regarding my modelling skills. Going to build up to that, I think :D

Starting out small and working up to more complicated things!

Of course man don't try pump out some massive machine first go haha. 

Like old mate Dan said above, should start out on the smaller subs.. then eventually work your way up. 

• Like 1

Heres something interesting based on what I said:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--j_pdYZdI--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18p2uxfrcsthqjpg.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_A_K%C5%8D-hy%C5%8Dteki-class_submarine

Would make for some interesting wrecks if you made some objects that would go into a Lagoon like at Truk. (not too far from Tanoa so could be winged).

Just finished work on this little fella; not exactly a Tanoa-themed object - but hand-to-hand combat is one step closer in Arma 3...

Combat%20Knife_zps9epypzrc.png

• Like 2

Nice!

I don't know how you do those great textures but they sure do look lovely.

Nice!

I don't know how you do those great textures but they sure do look lovely.

I got some ideas again

Bamboo spike pits

grenade trip wires

Cliche "logs swinging from two locations to crush something" trap

@[EVO]Dan - thanks man! Yeah, it took quite a few attempts to get the blade-steel looking right! :P

@xxgetbuck123 - grenade trip wire! Good thinking! Would love to do a Bamoo spike pit (go punji traps!!!), but I don't know how I could excavate the ground to make the pit - does anyone know if substerranean objects are even possible in Arma? Could certainly do the spikes though!

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for small modelling projects - would anyone like to make some requests for some objects relating to Tanoa? Or maybe even contribute? Anything from beach balls to punji spikes - heck I don't know, what would you guys like to see? :) And the more obscure the better, BIS will no doubt have more than a few things covered!

Tonoa is inspired by Fiji. If you want to be authentic it's easy enough to do a little online research for specific to that location. The Japanese were stopped about 1500km short of Fiji in WW2, so I wouldn't work on objects for that.

Some Fiji specific objects:

• A bure. Traditional Fijian building/house, now only really made for tourism or cultural reasons. Apparently some of the more remote villages still use these for everyday living.
  • Modern village housing/buildings. Made of corrugated iron, weatherboard, timber and concrete blocks. It's hard to find many photos online, because everyone takes photo's of the bures. I can upload some references if need be...
  • A machete. Fijians use these for many things, it's very common to see people (including women with handbags) walking around with a machete in hand outside of the city.
  • Tradional Fijian wooden drum.
  • Local beer bottles - Fiji Bitter or Fiji Gold. I guess it would be Tonoa Bitter and Tonoa Gold.
  • Rugby (union) ball, goalpost.
  • Market objects - fruit, veges. Produce markets are common. Kava is a Fijian specific object (although hard to model in root form, it is also sold as powder).
  • Scuba and snorkel gear - reefs are a major tourist attraction. Beaches themselves are not that common on the main islands, and most I saw are short and steep.
  • Wooden long boat - used to get between and around smaller islands. These only go out in sheltered areas behind the reefs so they aren't really sea worthy.
  • 1980's Toyota Crown S120. I don't know why but maybe 10% of cars on the road in Fiji is one of these. All vehicles are right hand drive.
  • Open side bus (no windows). These are also very common in Fiji, as many people don't own cars.