Sign in to follow this  
agent()()9

Finding Weapon Statistics/Values/Class Names

Hi all,

Not sure this is the optimal place to post this, but here it goes:

I'm trying to find all the weapon statistics/values in the editor's config viewer, but ran into a few issues.

1) I don't see the "mass" values for any of the weapons under the weapons' class names.  Not sure if this is the right term, but it is the value that determines your soldier's encumbrance from that specific weapon.  I looked under several class names for various weapons, and I don't see "mass" anywhere (should be in alphabetical order?).

2) The "dispersion" variable is .00029 for all the assault rifles (arifle) and DMRs (srifle_DMR, if I recall).  Isn't this the weapon's accuracy value?  If so, why is the MXC's dispersion the same as the Rahim's?

3) If I'm looking in the wrong place for these variables, would someone please tell me how to find the exact/find weapon attributes?

I tried forum searches, googling and youtube.  The only things I found was how to find the weapon class names via the config viewer under the editor, but then I have the problem of #1 and #2 above.

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Just unpack Weapons_f.pbo and look through the config files. Not sure why the config viewer is giving you those values, the actual config values (in reference to your comment about the MXC and Rahim being the same) are dispersion = 0.00116 for single-shot of the MXC and dispersion = 0.00058; for the Rahim.

Mass should also be there, but probably under the ItemInfo expandable subheading.

Hi all,

Not sure this is the optimal place to post this, but here it goes:

I'm trying to find all the weapon statistics/values in the editor's config viewer, but ran into a few issues.

1) I don't see the "mass" values for any of the weapons under the weapons' class names.  Not sure if this is the right term, but it is the value that determines your soldier's encumbrance from that specific weapon.  I looked under several class names for various weapons, and I don't see "mass" anywhere (should be in alphabetical order?).

2) The "dispersion" variable is .00029 for all the assault rifles (arifle) and DMRs (srifle_DMR, if I recall).  Isn't this the weapon's accuracy value?  If so, why is the MXC's dispersion the same as the Rahim's?

3) If I'm looking in the wrong place for these variables, would someone please tell me how to find the exact/find weapon attributes?

I tried forum searches, googling and youtube.  The only things I found was how to find the weapon class names via the config viewer under the editor, but then I have the problem of #1 and #2 above.

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Cool, thanks.  I'll give that a shot.  Need to install the extractor, but I'll figure that out.

Okay, I was able to view the config file after extracting the "weapons_f" pbo. 

Next question: Where are the config files for the Marksmen DLC weapons?  All I see are the vanilla Arma 3 weapons.  Are they located under another .pbo file name?

Edit:  I see the marksmen DLC files are encrypted as .ebo files...So how are people able to view the configs for them?  That is ultimately all I want to do.