Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

BIS should release old models and textures unbinarized

I posted this on Reddit and felt that I should also post it here. I apologize if it's not in the right area.

I'd imagine with the team working primarily on Apex and Nexus, there isn't much of a chance of us seeing old content such as the AMOS Marshall and KSG Shotgun. I think Bohemia Interactive should release older content with complimentary textures, unbinarized models, and config if possible, allowing the community to examine or add them in themselves.

I really think BIS should consider this, and could possibly release it with the Arma 3 Samples.

What do you guys think?

do you mean like the stuff that was shown befoer alpha release but never made it into the game?

That will look like BI saying: "Sorry, we're not skilled enough to make models for our own game, here, take those sources and finish them for us please.". I doubt that they will risk bad publicity for couple of old half-finished models.

do you mean like the stuff that was shown befoer alpha release but never made it into the game?

Yep.

That will look like BI saying: "Sorry, we're not skilled enough to make models for our own game, here, take those sources and finish them for us please.". I doubt that they will risk bad publicity for couple of old half-finished models.

I'd imagine not if they were released as samples. Then again, I'm not sure what will happen or if BIS will ever do anything with them.

EDIT: Shit sorry for posting twice.

"The library of content present in Arma 2 is simply overwhelming, and in hindsight might not be commercially justifiable for a single game." - Marek Spanel, CEO, Bohemia Interactive Studios