Neviothr

Removing waypoint distance indicator?

Is there any way to remove the distance indicator under waypoints placed on the map by players?

according to KillzoneKid.

player onMapSingleClick "_shift";

• Like 2

according to KillzoneKid.

player onMapSingleClick "_shift";

Nope. This disables the ability to place waypoints on the map completely, if you read the OP carefully, you'd noiced that I asked to remove distance indicator under the waypoint, not the whole thing.

Anyway... mean while /u/OptimusPrime360 on Reddit suggested the below:

if (hasInterface) then { waitUntil {!isNull (findDisplay 12)};
_mapDisplay = findDisplay 12;
_mapControl = _mapDisplay displayCtrl 51;

_mapControl ctrlAddEventHandler ["MouseMoving", {
    TRN_var_mainMapMouseOverCustomMark = "customMark" in (ctrlMapMouseOver (_this select 0));
}];

["TRN", "onMapSingleClick", {
    if (_shift) then {
        TRN_var_customMarkLocation = _pos;
    };
}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

_mapDisplay displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", {
    if (!isNil "TRN_var_mainMapMouseOverCustomMark" && {TRN_var_mainMapMouseOverCustomMark} && {(_this select 1) == 211}) then {
        TRN_var_customMarkLocation = nil;
    };
}];

addMissionEventHandler ["Draw3D", {
    if (!isNil "TRN_var_customMarkLocation") then {
        drawIcon3D ["\A3\ui_f\data\igui\cfg\cursors\customMark_ca.paa", [1,1,1,0.8], [TRN_var_customMarkLocation select 0, TRN_var_customMarkLocation select 1, (TRN_var_customMarkLocation select 2) + 2], 1.5, 1.5, 0, "", 1, 0, "TahomaB", "", true];
    };
}];
};

But, this gives a disableSerialization error, so in order for the above to work, you need to add "disableSerialization;", like so:

disableSerialization;
if (hasInterface) then { waitUntil {!isNull (findDisplay 12)};

TRN_var_mainMapMouseOverCustomMark = "customMark" in (ctrlMapMouseOver (_this select 0));
}];

if (_shift) then {
    };

if (!isNil "TRN_var_mainMapMouseOverCustomMark" && {TRN_var_mainMapMouseOverCustomMark} && {(_this select 1) == 211}) then {
    };
}];

drawIcon3D ["\A3\ui_f\data\igui\cfg\cursors\customMark_ca.paa", [1,1,1,0.8], [TRN_var_customMarkLocation select 0, TRN_var_customMarkLocation select 1, (TRN_var_customMarkLocation select 2) + 2], 1.5, 1.5, 0, "", 1, 0, "TahomaB", "", true];
    };
}];
};

But, unfortunately this doesn't exactly work well in singleplayer, if you save & load, it ceases to work.  

If anyone is still interested in this in the future: there's a way to make the script usable after a save & load - turning the script into a mod.

I've created a simple mod from the above script, you can download it here: https://mega.nz/#!pQgR2BKD!4UjF_4ORvSqbGpRt4A3WCr_U_-gRXtTkmzq0dSZqJGw

Some notes!

* The mod requires CBA_A3.

* You must disable HUD waypoints info and HUD waypoints info permanently in your difficulty settings, you don't do so, you'll have 2 waypoints show on your screen.

• Like 1

I've been looking for something like this for sometime, unfortunately the mod link is gone and when I try to compile it myself into a mod, the game gets stuck on the loading screen on multiplayer, but not on singleplayer.  Anyone got any ideas?

I was able to make it work by editing the script a bit.  For anyone else looking to make something similar this is what I used.

disableSerialization;
if (IsDedicated || !HasInterface) ExitWith {};
if (hasInterface) then { waitUntil {!isNull player};

}];

if (_shift) then {
    };

};
}];

drawIcon3D ["\A3\ui_f\data\igui\cfg\cursors\waypointMark_ca.paa", [1,1,0,0.8], [TRN_var_customMarkLocation select 0, TRN_var_customMarkLocation select 1, (TRN_var_customMarkLocation select 2) + 2], 1.5, 1.5, 0, "", 1, 0, "TahomaB", "", true];
    };
}];
};

I edited it a bit more and made my own version of the mod which you can get here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2259216491

• Like 1