Ogrinho

[WIP] Terrain "Traira Operation" - Amazon tropical rain forest map.

Hey guys, as part of "Brazilian Armed Forces" Mod we are currently working on a new map called "Traira Operation" and we want to show you guys some progress regularly within this thread.
The region depicted in this work is the Brazilian/Colombian border deep in the heart of Amazon tropical jungle, aka "Green Hell"

QFR7iTZ.png

Background:
On February 26, 1991, a group of 40 guerrillas of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, who called itself "Simon Bolivar Command", crossed the border from Colombia to Brazil and raided the Traíra detachment of the Brazilian Army, which was in semi-permanent installations and had less effective, only 17 soldiers, than the attacking guerrilla column. Intelligence operations claim that the attack was motivated by repression by the border detachment of illegal mining in the region, one of FARC funding sources. During the attack three Brazilian soldiers died and nine were injured. Two illegal Colombian miners who were detained at the camp also died. Various weapons, ammunition and equipment were stolen.
Immediately the Brazilian Armed Forces, authorized by President Fernando Collor de Mello and with the knowledge and support of Colombian President César Gaviria, secretly unleashed Traira Operation, in order to recover the stolen weapons and discourage further attacks;
As aftermath from "Traira Operation", 12 colombian guerrillas were killed and a unknow number was captured, most of the weapons and equipment was recovered.
Since then, there`s no record about new FARC incursions nor raids inside Brazilian territory, as well as attacks on Brazilian military.

oWYBXic.jpg

t2hcEpW.jpg

cqCJAge.jpg

NgXEAJA.jpg

nECSuSE.jpg

PwB5XsX.jpg

kVhvTIs.jpg

kp087UG.jpg

Phwns7P.jpg

The map is being built using "MapBuilder" for placing objects, "BIS Terrain Processor" for the jungle clusters and other "nature" stuff.
Most of the vegetation came from Berghoff's BRG_Africa addon and from Sgt_Savage`s Arma 2 "Unsung Vietnam War Mod", both will be included in the final package.
I must confess that I`m very excited about the annoucenment af the new Arma 3 Tanoa map, the vegetation will fit perfectly in this project!

Map size is 40960x40960m
Grid size is 4096 cells
Cell size is 10m.

Please don't ask me about a precise release date, keep in mind that this is a work in progress and we`re still working at several custom models like, vegetation, riverine and indigenous houses for example....
I hope I`ll be able to launch a "teaser map" with only 10x10km by the end of november 2015. =D
You can also follow this project at our Facebook page if you want.

Cheers from Brazil!
B)
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

New update with more objects placed and new locations created.

VrXw6GE.jpg
Drug laboratory

4hBKPvj.jpg

Illegal wood extraction sites

• Like 3

First of all, outstanding work!

Two questions though.

One:

Will this terrain require the Brazilian Armed Forces mod?

Two:

Will there be requirements at all?

• Like 2

First of all, outstanding work!

Two questions though.

One:

Will this terrain require the Brazilian Armed Forces mod?

Two:

Will there be requirements at all?

Thanks for supporting Foxone!

One: Yes, you'll need BAF mod to run the full version.

Two: I'm currently using at this point only two mods both from Poolpunk: plp-containers and plp-beach. Maybe I'll use AiA TP too...

• Like 2

Thanks for supporting Foxone!

One: Yes, you'll need BAF mod to run the full version.

Two: I'm currently using at this point only two mods both from Poolpunk: plp-containers and plp-beach. Maybe I'll use AiA TP too...

Oke, thank you for the quick reply, and i cant wait for this terrain to come out, keep it up!

• Like 1

As a Brazilian and BAF (I´d rather call it BrAF mod just to not mingle with BIS´s BAF dlc units, included on CUP) fan, I´m keeping an eye on this project... do you guys plan a campaign or at least a set of COOP missions to depict the Traira Operation? Good mods need good missions to "spread the word" thus I really hope so =)

Really neat you´re using Poolpunk´s decos, nice move for immersion!

Keep it up, looking great so far!

SELVA!!!!

• Like 1

Is using AIA terrain a good idea? Cup terrains will be a more up to date and will have come a long since this terrain may take a while 40x40 :)

• Like 1

As a Brazilian and BAF (I´d rather call it BrAF mod just to not mingle with BIS´s BAF dlc units, included on CUP) fan, I´m keeping an eye on this project... do you guys plan a campaign or at least a set of COOP missions to depict the Traira Operation? Good mods need good missions to "spread the word" thus I really hope so =)

Really neat you´re using Poolpunk´s decos, nice move for immersion!

Keep it up, looking great so far!

SELVA!!!!

Thanks brother!

Selva!!!

Very nice! Love the water color you added! ;) What's FPS like however? I notice on maps like this... sort of like "NAM" I experience a lot of FPS loss due to the dense forests/jungles. Nice job though anyways. Wish you good luck, Have a great day! 

• Like 1

Update!

AY2S7iN.jpg

89F7Tu0.jpg

gw2q7ca.jpg

lmdPF0i.jpg

HmBUAJq.jpg

u4zLtAD.jpg

• Like 4

lookin´ good mate  :cc:

Thanks my friend!

Nah this is NOT good.

It is AWESOME! Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

make sure you paint your runways on the sat image or they will fade at a distance, looking really nice liking the dense forests

• Like 1

Freaking great, Ogrinho, loved the custom wooden buildings and signs, the Mike taking of and I hope to see some serious SP/MP missions on that map =)

SELVA!

• Like 1

Hey Ogrinho, how you make your rivers brown ? I are working on a Terrain that have green lakes and I don't know how to change the water color.

On 18.1.2018 at 1:59 AM, Kaleu said:

Hey Ogrinho, how you make your rivers brown ? I are working on a Terrain that have green lakes and I don't know how to change the water color.

• Like 2

Great terrain - Great work , Congratulation!

Is this located in that Grounds?

On 2/8/2018 at 5:54 PM, MS Leveldesigns said:

Thanks for sharing this link! =D

• Like 1