Arthyc

[Terrain] Chernarus Winter A3

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it possible to get a Steam Workshop download of this map?

when updating  to 1.11 withsix it removed almost all files. displays 0 MB on the program and on the website as well. armaholic link-version is functioning properly.

this is still an issue, i use pw6 to make mod collections easily available to my friends, and i really want this one in hour collection..

Not sure if its intended or not, but the Terrain Size is not yet setup.

It returns an error that prevents some scripts from running due to no way to find center of Map from the config mapsize. I had to hotfix several of my scripts in my project just to play last weekend. You may or may not already be aware of this.

Other than that, we enjoyed the new Map. Love winter maps. Chernarus Winter is MUCH welcomed. Thanks!

Great to run around Chernarus in winter, thanks!

One thing I wonder is, would it be possible to make the snow more difficult to transverse, i.e. draining stamina faster and/or slowing speed (of humans and vehicles)? It would be cool to make the roads more of a strategic asset in wintertime.

They can included Chernarus Winter in CUP_terrains if they want, of course. 

Some issues gives me difficulties, and i don't have time and i don't know yet how to fix them. CUP guys have better skills and they can fix this issues faster as me.

CUP guys would love integrating your terrain.

If you have no issue with APL-SA license and can provide source files we can start thinking about how to proceed.

Personally im really enjoing playing on your terrain. I think others would be happy to have it too.

• Like 8

It returns an error that prevents some scripts from running due to no way to find center of Map from the config mapsize. I had to hotfix several of my scripts in my project just to play last weekend. You may or may not already be aware of this.

Other than that, we enjoyed the new Map. Love winter maps. Chernarus Winter is MUCH welcomed. Thanks!

If you have no issue with APL-SA license and can provide source files we can start thinking about how to proceed.

Personally im really enjoing playing on your terrain. I think others would be happy to have it too.

Yep! It's also an absolute pleasure to use this terrain with VonQuest's snow module! Would love to see CUP integration of this awesome map!
  • Like 2

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it possible to get a Steam Workshop download of this map?

Not possible... it's too complicated for many raisons. Sorry :/

this is still an issue, i use pw6 to make mod collections easily available to my friends, and i really want this one in hour collection..

I'll fix this issue asap (maybe tomorrow)

Oh, I'll check that and i'll try to fix that for the next version.

The issue with PW6 is still present. When the 1.11 update came out it completely removed everything inside the mod folder. 

The issue with PW6 is still present. When the 1.11 update came out it completely removed everything inside the mod folder. 

fixed

Hey guys,

Great map but Ive got a quick question.   Placing the time at midnight, the overall "brightness" of the map makes things very very visible.   Almost to the point where there is no need for nightvision.   Via which parameters would be best to make the lighting/visibility darker?    Fog / Overcast?  Combination of both?  

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

Great map but Ive got a quick question.   Placing the time at midnight, the overall "brightness" of the map makes things very very visible.   Almost to the point where there is no need for nightvision.   Via which parameters would be best to make the lighting/visibility darker?    Fog / Overcast?  Combination of both?  

Thanks in advance!

Hi TheGeneral. So I only just found out about this map, and I am currently downloading so I haven't yet actually tried it....

However, it might be that the moonlight is illuminating the snow? Try advancing the date a week then another week, see if it changes.

I once drove down the middle of Scotland during a snowy time at night with the full moon, and it was exactly as you described :) so much so that I actually did turn off my headlights as an experiment. No visibility problem at all :)

Hi TheGeneral. So I only just found out about this map, and I am currently downloading so I haven't yet actually tried it....

However, it might be that the moonlight is illuminating the snow? Try advancing the date a week then another week, see if it changes.

I once drove down the middle of Scotland during a snowy time at night with the full moon, and it was exactly as you described :) so much so that I actually did turn off my headlights as an experiment. No visibility problem at all :)

Dude I cant beleive I didnt even consider this to be an option.  It worked like a charm.  Appreciate it!!

I too am having a brightness issue... what date could I set for the absolute darkest setting? Also is there a way to turn down NVG brightness?

Thanks in advance.

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:29 AM, reecef11 said:

Could anyone help, I keep getting the "Woodlander2" error?

I keep getting this error as well.... arma_error.png

it then kicks you off the server... any idears???

I have found this in the server logs "Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

a3_characters_f"

could this be the reason for the above error?

if so anybody able to point me where to get it from......

is @cup-maps required for this, or is @cup-core enough for the map to work best?

On 11.3.2017 at 2:20 PM, madpat3 said:

is @cup-maps required for this, or is @cup-core enough for the map to work best?

No both is required because the map needs the chernarus.pbo and not only the buildings and stuff!

are u shure, because i was able to play without @cupmaps. no issues.

The Steam Workshop Version is gone, did you remove it on purpose and if so, do you plan on reuploading it some time in the future?

There's been a bunch of unofficial ones on Workshop. I'm also hoping to see an official upload.

On 25.1.2016 at 7:23 PM, Chairborne said:

yes, please give permission!