Arthyc

[Terrain] Chernarus Winter A3

Guys try and not quote my posts so it doesn't duplicate my massive pictures. Just say "Rekkless..." I will notice your comment.

how did you get the snow vehicles? what mod is that? looks awesome

also to the map creator/modder, what is the difference between this version and the original guys? i have his and it works for A3. not trying to be rude just curious, im def interested. are there more entereable buidlings nd things? texture work?

Euroforce and Csat Snow tigers

What are you using for your snow effects?

Goons snow script. the same one STU81 posted towards the top of this page.

since we are talking about particles it means that this script wont affect Ai visibility, doesnt it

If you set the overcast just right it will clear the whiteout and you don't have to worry about ai.

Or you can add fog to reduce ai visibility.

Yeah the particals only fall about 50 meters around you to help performance.

Here you got guys I have just finished putting the finishing touches on my Zeus / MCC Template mission for Chernarus WInter:

Tactical Chernarus Winter:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547702790

Mission Features:

- Check Mission Parameters to make it snow or not snow.
- 81 player slots spread over 3 factions + Zeus for most missions.
- Admin has option to lock to 1st person only in the mission parameters regardless of game difficulty.
- Initial Spawns are set to random. No need to log in as Zeus for MCC players, initial spawns will be created automatically. Or you can log in as Zeus and set initial spawns the option is left to you.
- All mods and addons allowed. You can run any additional mods you like.
- 60 second Respawn time for infantry, 120 second respawn time for vehicles to punish death a little bit more.
- Mission features US Army and Russian Forces from RHS Escalation and a Independent Faction from Leights OpFor or RHS Escalation depending on the mission.
- Custom GAIA Artificial Intelligence settings to give a good challenge without being overpowered or too stupid.
- Clean User Interface, all unnecessary icons, UI features have been disabled and streamlined for a more slick and immersive experience.
- Full ACE 3, Task Force Arrowhead Radio and ACRE 2 compatibility
- Roles are locked in the lobby screen, only medics can use medkit, only engineers can repair vehicles etc.

Plus much much more.

Required Addons:

Chernarus Winter

All In ArmA Terrain Pack or CUP Terrains
RHS Escalation
Community Based Addons
Mission Control Center Sandbox 4

I see falling snow in the intro scene. Is there any way I can use the snow script(particle effect or something like that) included in the Chernarus Winter in my mission or in the editor?

They exist simple scripts if you want falling snow. Maybe someday but for the moment I'll fix issues on this terrain and I'm working on another terrain project.

Here you got guys I have just finished putting the finishing touches on my Zeus / MCC Template mission for Chernarus WInter:

Tactical Chernarus Winter:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547702790

Mission Features:

- Check Mission Parameters to make it snow or not snow.

- 81 player slots spread over 3 factions + Zeus for most missions.

- Admin has option to lock to 1st person only in the mission parameters regardless of game difficulty.

- Initial Spawns are set to random. No need to log in as Zeus for MCC players, initial spawns will be created automatically. Or you can log in as Zeus and set initial spawns the option is left to you.

- All mods and addons allowed. You can run any additional mods you like.

- 60 second Respawn time for infantry, 120 second respawn time for vehicles to punish death a little bit more.

- Mission features US Army and Russian Forces from RHS Escalation and a Independent Faction from Leights OpFor or RHS Escalation depending on the mission.

- Custom GAIA Artificial Intelligence settings to give a good challenge without being overpowered or too stupid.

- Clean User Interface, all unnecessary icons, UI features have been disabled and streamlined for a more slick and immersive experience.

- Full ACE 3, Task Force Arrowhead Radio and ACRE 2 compatibility

- Roles are locked in the lobby screen, only medics can use medkit, only engineers can repair vehicles etc.

Plus much much more.

Required Addons:

Chernarus Winter

All In ArmA Terrain Pack or CUP Terrains

RHS Escalation

Community Based Addons

Mission Control Center Sandbox 4

Good work! I'll test asap. Keep an eye on this post, an updated version (v1.1) is planned really soon.

Arthyc i have a question, what is the difference between your chernarus winter and the originals? the original you linked works with A3, so did you add more enterable buildings or something? not to be rude, im just curious as i have the other one and am interested to see if this is the definitive version lol.

Arthyc i have a question, what is the difference between your chernarus winter and the originals? the original you linked works with A3, so did you add more enterable buildings or something? not to be rude, im just curious as i have the other one and am interested to see if this is the definitive version lol.

I fixed stability and artifacts issues and added a better satmap. Objects are the same as the A2 version.

Experienced a few crashes near the edge of the map when entering a vehicle with PIP enabled.

Cherno Winter + AIA TP.

Experienced a few crashes near the edge of the map when entering a vehicle with PIP enabled.

Cherno Winter + AIA TP.

Do you have the AIA hotfixes installed?

Do you have the AIA hotfixes installed?

Of course.

Afew more things i noticed, some buildings / objects that heights are wrong.
The apartments opposite the Hospital in Cherno, are slightly under the ground.

The tallest Industrial Building Cherno the sign on the roof, is located on the ground level, instead of on the roof.
Think i saw another smaller sign with similar thing aswell, can't remember were :/

Was wondering any rough ETA when you plan on a new release with the sounds included.

Thanks

Afew more things i noticed, some buildings / objects that heights are wrong.

The apartments opposite the Hospital in Cherno, are slightly under the ground.

The tallest Industrial Building Cherno the sign on the roof, is located on the ground level, instead of on the roof.

Think i saw another smaller sign with similar thing aswell, can't remember were :/

Was wondering any rough ETA when you plan on a new release with the sounds included.

Thanks

Thank you for this informations  ;)

Cherno Winter + AIA TP.

Mmmh, I don't know, I'll check asap.

Playing the Pilgrimage mission on it, and it's really great. Love the mood and it is very welcome that no grass has to be drawn.

GREAT map! The rpt spam problem is too big though... Stuttering and low FPS all over the place.

Really nice! 

Not sure, what's possible/doable, but anyway here's, what IMHO would make it even more winter:

1. Enviromental sounds: tried with date set on January, but apparently the date makes no difference - anyway I can hear small birds, even crickets and such. Could be very moody to have instead authentic winter sounds, which from my experience consist some wind-origining sounds, if there is any wind, rarely some crow cawing, but mostly stunning silence as for nature, only the creak of snow under boots. 

2. Weather effect - replacing the rain with snow effect and no thunders, or at least coordination the map with the weather mods that can provide such effects. 

3. Probably out of reach, but unless we're talking about really early snow, the trees and the bushes should be much  less autumn, and more leave-less. 

4. Chimney smoke perhaps for the houses? 

5. The foggy breath by TPW will appear on this map, when playing with TPW's?

The rpt spam problem is too big though... 

Indeed. After less than minute I have more than 800 kB weight RPT, full of such thing:

10:50:37 Cannot load sound 'chernarus_winter\sounds\run1.wss'
10:50:37 Cannot load sound 'chernarus_winter\sounds\walk2.wss'
10:50:37 Cannot load sound 'chernarus_winter\sounds\run1.wss'
10:50:37 Cannot load sound 'chernarus_winter\sounds\run2.wss'

etc. All about some walking/running sounds, with numbers from 1 to 5. But It's known already, I read...

• Like 1

CT5XqdeW4AAKK_P.png:large

I think Kouris has got a bit carried away just because it's been snowing

TPW hud is showing the temperature as 24 degrees. Would that stop foggy breath?

Would that stop foggy breath?

AFAIR yes. Pilgrimage port, you're using, has currently date set on 24 June, so no wonder... But tried this map with TPW's and January set, and it was +12 C, maybe normal for Winter in Greece, but not for the snow, so probably no correlation between this map and TPW's anyway.  

3. Probably out of reach, but unless we're talking about really early snow, the trees and the bushes should be much  less autumn, and more leave-less. 

agreed.

also you should look into the rvmats. if i remember correctly from messing with cherno trees, a lot of them have colours instead of white in the "forced diffuse" setting. you might want to set that to white to get rid of those orange and red tones. leave-less or not, that would already help a lot making it look even more snowy.

Really nice! 

Not sure, what's possible/doable, but anyway here's, what IMHO would make it even more winter:

1. Enviromental sounds: tried with date set on January, but apparently the date makes no difference - anyway I can hear small birds, even crickets and such. Could be very moody to have instead authentic winter sounds, which from my experience consist some wind-origining sounds, if there is any wind, rarely some crow cawing, but mostly stunning silence as for nature, only the creak of snow under boots. 

It's a good idea, I'll see that

2. Weather effect - replacing the rain with snow effect and no thunders, or at least coordination the map with the weather mods that can provide such effects. 

Really not a priority for me

I know about that and the v1.1 will fix this issues.

4. Chimney smoke perhaps for the houses? 

Really really not a priority ;)

5. The foggy breath by TPW will appear on this map, when playing with TPW's?

Maybe someday, it's depend of the author of TPW mod

Hello Arthyc!

First of all great map port!

Could you please define the mapSize in the CfgWorlds in the next release?
Seeing from Chernarus and Chernarus_summer the mapSize should be 15360.

I'm working on a mission where i need the mapSize to deal with random spawns etc.

Thanks!

I'm working on winter rail structures for winter Chernarus. Сan you add them to your addon, when structures will be ready?

Example:

• Like 7

Do people have to download your map to run it or does just the server and so long as folks have CUP or allinarma they can connect?

How's that work?

Nice idea and the perfect time of year to get into something like this.

Hope you keep at it, thanks very much for this.

Do people have to download your map to run it or does just the server and so long as folks have CUP or allinarma they can connect?

How's that work?

It's a terrain mod and not just a user-made mission, so yes players must download it. It's not enough if only the server has it.