vanschmoozin

Medal Of Honor - Project Honor

Hey there! I am absolutely BRAND new to modding.I have been playing/playing with mods in the ARMA series since Operation Flashpoint, and I've always been interested in making content myself. With that being said, I wanted to start with a simple reskin, being as nooby as I am; but also wanted something that hasn't been done yet. That was a task all on its own! haha! I've been a fan of the project honor camo pattern, I own some gear in it for when I go plinking in the hills, soooooooooo I figured i would take a stab at that. All I've done so far is the Independent uniform, but figured I would upload what I have for any feedback, and to see if anyone is interested in this pattern as well! :) I'm looking into doing some vests/helmets/bags, but one step at a time! ;) Anywho, I've been a long time fan of so many peoples work on here, and feel great that I may be able to start adding to the community as well!

-VanSchmoozin

(I hope i linked these pictures correctly.... )

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 3

Impressive quality - especially for a first.

Keep them coming mate!

• Like 1

Thanks you guys!! I'm having a blast working on these. I'm working on the NATO uniform right now, then I'll knock out the vests for each respective faction. I finished up the kitbag yesterday. Maybe Monday or Tuesday if I can figure how to config everything properly I can have something together for a release. Your encouragement is rad, makes me want to work towards a public release. :)

Since you're trying to represent Tier 1 operators try to get their equipment to look used. Add dirt, grunge and etc. Other than that keep it up

• Like 2

If this really is your first then you are a miracle worker. Holy crap very good!

• Like 1

Since you're trying to represent Tier 1 operators try to get their equipment to look used. Add dirt, grunge and etc. Other than that keep it up

funny, I was just doing that!! That's one of my favorite things in the "ARC" packs. Love how used it all looks. Thanks man!!

If this really is your first then you are a miracle worker. Holy crap very good!

haha ya man, never even knew how to unpack a .pbo till yesterday lol I do have experience in Photoshop though, so I'm not coming in totally blind. Just blind to modding. Mainly on the config side of things. That's what really confusing me haha but thank you!! Really encouraging to hear that :)

haha ya man, never even knew how to unpack a .pbo till yesterday lol I do have experience in Photoshop though, so I'm not coming in totally blind. Just blind to modding. Mainly on the config side of things. That's what really confusing me haha but thank you!! Really encouraging to hear that :)

There is plenty of guides regarding simple retexturing. I was just like you a year ago. Now I'm porting models to A3 :D

There is plenty of guides regarding simple retexturing. I was just like you a year ago. Now I'm porting models to A3 :D

haha woo!!! Looking forward to being there man. Pumped about learning from this rad community.

Finally got the Blufor uniform in game after pulling my hair out learning configs haha. So noooooby :D  These are all still without dirt/wear and tear cause I've been trying to get them in game. Stoked to tackle vests and bags now! woo!!! 

also, should be noted, the only thing of mine in this are the uniforms themselves. Vests/guns/gear/anything else is either vanilla content or random mods :)?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 2

Finally got the Blufor uniform in game after pulling my hair out learning configs haha. So noooooby :D  These are all still without dirt/wear and tear cause I've been trying to get them in game. Stoked to tackle vests and bags now! woo!!! 

also, should be noted, the only thing of mine in this are the uniforms themselves. Vests/guns/gear/anything else is either vanilla content or random mods :)?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Hoooooooooooolyyyyy shait! Beautiful!

• Like 1

Just a tip: pockets are generally made out of a different piece of cloth and therefore the pant's texture shouldn't be 1 whole layer. A new pattern should start after the seams. 

Besides that, keep up the good work, and if you want to make your uniforms a bit more special, look into editing the rvmat. :)

• Like 3

Looking good, have always like the Medal of Honor special cammo, I made this for arma 2,last year for my own use, don't over do the dirt/dust/wear and tear though, I think there's a project honor uniform in one of the uniform packs as well, maybe Tryk's, but your version already looks better :D

• Like 1

Hoooooooooooolyyyyy shait! Beautiful!

Thanks man!!! 

Just a tip: pockets are generally made out of a different piece of cloth and therefore the pant's texture shouldn't be 1 whole layer. A new pattern should start after the seams. 

Besides that, keep up the good work, and if you want to make your uniforms a bit more special, look into editing the rvmat. :)

Duuuude! Good point. I'll definitely do that.

As far as editing the rvmat....you'll have to teach me ;) haha 

Looking good, have always like the Medal of Honor special cammo, I made this for arma 2,last year for my own use, don't over do the dirt/dust/wear and tear though, I think there's a project honor uniform in one of the uniform packs as well, maybe Tryk's, but your version already looks better :D

thanks man!! I'm glad some one else likes the pattern haha I never really hear about it outside of the game so that's rad! Ya, as far as the dirt goes I want it to look worn but not thrashed lol I mean they do get to wash their clothes back at base haha ;) more to just make it look less-perfect than anything.
  • Like 1

Got Some working dirt textures that I'm digging, though I might back off on it a little bit. I went through and put seperate textures on the pockets that itsthomas suggested, but funny enough because of the digital pattern, Its hardly noticable because it just sort of looks like part of the pattern haha. I did the lips of the pockets seperate from the pouch area of the pocket, and even did inside the non-cargo pocket on the hip to be different. But I still prefer knowing its done correctly, even if its hard to notice lol. Any suggestions on how to define that any more would be welcomed! Heres some more of the Nato uniform screenies. Again, just the uniforms are mine, all gear and weapons are not; nor are they going to be part of these when I release them, but more just to show what finished loadouts could look like.
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 3

Although, the IND uniforms benefited HUGE from retexturing the pocket patterns. Dang, night and day! Also, heres is another dirt option, a bit less than on the nato uniforms... cant decide which one I like best yet. One thing that has been a real pleasant surprise: The camo works surpringly well on Altis/Stratis! I did'nt think it really would, and that it would be more of a A2 maps type camo, cause i've long thought the standard IND uniform was too green for the A3 maps... But I'm digging it on them! Maybe just cause I'm pumped to see something I've created in the armaverse haha :) ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 4

Dude, these are good enough to release now to be honest, but it's when you feel you've accomplished the desired effect that matters ;) 

• Like 1

Add seams to the texture. Believe me you will achieve a great look. Since you are familliar with photoshop just use 3 px stripes and add outside stroke black 1 px at 60-75 opacity. Use the pen tool 

• Like 1

Dude, these are good enough to release now to be honest, but it's when you feel you've accomplished the desired effect that matters ;)

Thanks man! I'm defintely feeling good about them now. Feeling more and more finished with every little tweak. I'm shooting to be able to release something this week! Even if its just the uniforms, and maybe do a gear pack to add in later or something.

What vest is the character wearing at this picture?

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

it's one of the vests from this mod : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29301It's the scout one if I'm not mistaken!

Add seams to the texture. Believe me you will achieve a great look. Since you are familliar with photoshop just use 3 px stripes and add outside stroke black 1 px at 60-75 opacity. Use the pen tool 

Dude thats a great idea. I don't know why i didnt think to just try something with the pen tool... lol .. i think in my mind it HAS to be something complex and complicated cause it's so new to me. Sometimes its as easy as... drawing it in there haha

• Like 1