Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, snoutmaster said:

I cant seem too get this mod to work can you please explain in depth what line I put into the init field of the squad leader.

 

I've tried "this player hcSetGroup [group this]"

 

hey,

 

1. You dont have to write anything as long as you're creating hc groups out of your own squad units only.  Just select the units and create the group with 5-9 : 'Create HC group'.

2. If, as a mission designer, you want to add other teams or squads to the player's HC bar, copy/paste the following bold line in each of those team or squad leaders init fields : player hcSetGroup [group this];

 

Then hit LCtrl+Space to switch to High Command.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi There

 

I am having the same issue as previously posted.

I have only CBA and HCC mods loaded , but In game I can't seem to get any of the menus for the HC groups. I've tried it with both pre-set groups and with groups set from my squad. The only command I do get is the create hc group.

 

Am I missing something ?

 

Thanks ,

 

Libriut99 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, libriut99 said:

Hi There

 

I am having the same issue as previously posted.

I have only CBA and HCC mods loaded , but In game I can't seem to get any of the menus for the HC groups. I've tried it with both pre-set groups and with groups set from my squad. The only command I do get is the create hc group.

 

Am I missing something ?

 

Thanks ,

 

Libriut99 

 

When in HC mode, press backspace before selecting a unit to bring up the HCC menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version : 1.5.1 

 

. Fixed : WP sync system (sync lines).
. Fixed : Artillery functions now work with every static weapon or vehicle that has artillery ammo.
. Added : suppression (LAlt+suppress) now works with vehicle of all types for 15s (tanks, APCs, etc).
. Changed : slowest vehicle speed is now set to 2m/s instead of 0.5 m/s.
. Fixed : Groups IDs are now tracked and attached to the group leader. Recreating a group with the same leader will set the same group ID.
. Added : Groups IDs can now be changed at anytime. Hit 0-9 : Rename Group to display the GUI.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Igitur

 

I am not able to get the mod to function properly.

 

Scenario: I select my squad members 2,3, and 4. While the units are selected I then click 5 to open the action menu, then press 9 to select the 'Create HC Group' action.

I have watched your video and seen what should happen but when I try, the action menu closes and the squad members remain in my squad, they are not transferred to high command.

 

Note: Each time I start a new scenario, at the bottom of the screen I receive the following notification: BTS_fnc_addstackedEventHandler) (IGIT_HCC_SelectedUnitsArray_fnc) does not exist or is invalid

 

Note: After I preform them steps listed above, if I select the high command units by pressing ctrl + Space, there is now a high command unit named alpha 1-1. However this high command unit has no control over any units

 

Very eager to get this mod working as I want to play the game on single player as a company commander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:11 AM, Boss8889 said:

Hello Igitur

 

I am not able to get the mod to function properly.

 

Scenario: I select my squad members 2,3, and 4. While the units are selected I then click 5 to open the action menu, then press 9 to select the 'Create HC Group' action.

I have watched your video and seen what should happen but when I try, the action menu closes and the squad members remain in my squad, they are not transferred to high command.

 

Note: Each time I start a new scenario, at the bottom of the screen I receive the following notification: BTS_fnc_addstackedEventHandler) (IGIT_HCC_SelectedUnitsArray_fnc) does not exist or is invalid

 

Note: After I preform them steps listed above, if I select the high command units by pressing ctrl + Space, there is now a high command unit named alpha 1-1. However this high command unit has no control over any units

 

Very eager to get this mod working as I want to play the game on single player as a company commander.

 

Hello Boss,

 

Welcome on this forum :)

 

I haven't checked the mod for months but it looks like it got broken with the latest game update. I'll take a look when i'm back from vacation. In the meantime, please make sure that your 'open menu' command is bound to some key. It may prevent the custom menus to work if it's not.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Igitur,

 

thank you for your amazing work on HCC!

 

unfortunately I'm unable to get this working. I have the same issues as mentioned above by Boss8889, " BIS_fnc_addstackedEventHandler) (IGIT_HCC_SelectedUnitsArray_fnc) does not exist or is invalid".

 

kind regards

Onkel Bo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version : 1.5.1.1

 

Hotfix 1.5.1.1. No new features but the mod should work again as intended.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's absolutely awesome by the way, unlocks a completely new way of playing high command. Thanks for your brilliant work Igitur.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2016 at 1:41 PM, DEV614 said:

Is there a way to predefine subgroups (Company, platoon, squad) on mission initialization ? I have a battalion sized force in my mission and it's annoying having to always redefine the groups when rejoining the mission.

On 11/3/2016 at 6:04 AM, Igitur said:

Good idea. I'll see what I can do.

 

Did this ever make the cut? @Igitur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DEV614 said:

 

Did this ever make the cut? @Igitur

 

Sorry, I was busy with my CFS stuff lately. I'll start to work again on HCC now. That feature will definitely be in the next update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Igitur said:

 

Sorry, I was busy with my CFS stuff lately. I'll start to work again on HCC now. That feature will definitely be in the next update.

Awesome! Appreciate it, boss.

 

Not sure if it's just me, but the synchronization system still doesn't seem to work for me (whenever I left click on the waypoint, it just selects it briefly, then unselects it. No red line.) The synch system has never really worked for me so I'm not too pressed about it, but something that may need looking into? I don't know, may just be experiencing this on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DEV614 said:

Not sure if it's just me, but the synchronization system still doesn't seem to work for me (whenever I left click on the waypoint, it just selects it briefly, then unselects it. No red line.) The synch system has never really worked for me so I'm not too pressed about it, but something that may need looking into? I don't know, may just be experiencing this on my end.

 

Left click wont work, especially with Alive. I'm using the mouse Action button (as mentionned in the description). Just click on a WP, drag the blue line to another WP, click the action button again. To unsynchronize a WP, just synchronize it with itself. I hope this helps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Igitur said:

 

Left click wont work, especially with Alive. I'm using the mouse Action button (as mentionned in the description). Just click on a WP, drag the blue line to another WP, click the action button again. To unsynchronize a WP, just synchronize it with itself. I hope this helps :)

My apologies, I thought the mouse action button WAS left click xD I'll give it a go here shortly, thanks bud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Igitur Worked like a charm!

 

One thing I noticed with fire support units with backpacks, if you have more than one fire support team (a unit with a gun bag + a unit with a tripod bag), they will place their static weapons down as expected, but after they are down and you tell them to pack back up, it will pack them up but one of the teams will now be lacking a tripod/support bag. I believe the unit that already picked up the first support bag is the same unit that goes and picks up the second support bag.

 

I feel like a way to supplement this is to automatically re-add the bag to the support unit after they place it on the ground, therefore always ensuring a way to re-set up the fire support. I noticed VCOM AI using this method, so I thought you could do the same. Or alternatively, you could do some check for units carrying a support bag, and if they are carrying one, use the next unit in the group to pick up the support bag on the ground. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DEV614 said:

One thing I noticed with fire support units with backpacks, if you have more than one fire support team (a unit with a gun bag + a unit with a tripod bag), they will place their static weapons down as expected, but after they are down and you tell them to pack back up, it will pack them up but one of the teams will now be lacking a tripod/support bag. I believe the unit that already picked up the first support bag is the same unit that goes and picks up the second support bag.

 

Thanks, I'll take a look. Feel free to report any other bugs or quirks you notice, it helps a lot. Suggestions are welcome as well.

 

In addition to the predefinition of arrays, the next update will focus on getting some of the main functions (firing artillery, suppression, ..) to work flawlessly for several groups at once, as I've noticed some issues in that regard. I'll check the pack/unpack functions too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Igitur said:

 

Thanks, I'll take a look. Feel free to report any other bugs or quirks you notice, it helps a lot. Suggestions are welcome as well.

 

In addition to the predefinition of arrays, the next update will focus on getting some of the main functions (firing artillery, suppression, ..) to work flawlessly for several groups at once, as I've noticed some issues in that regard. I'll check the pack/unpack functions too.

 

Copy that! One thing I think desperately missing from all AI mods (at least those used for SP purposes) is inter-squad/platoon communication. Obviously I don't expect a detailed five-step report from the friendly AI, but a small side-chat message stating that they're in contact - or that they've spotted an enemy technical 500 meters away with their bearing/direction, or if they're below a certain combat effectiveness (say once they reach 50%), they can announce it. I have a feeling there's a reason nobody's really implemented this, so the task may be damn near impossible, but I thought I'd throw the idea out.

Another thing that would be useful, that also plays along with squad communication, is inherently adding the ability for High Command groups to communicate targets between eachother, like some of the other AI mods do (ASR, VCOM, etc.) Since other mods do this, I don't really expect it to peak your interest but when using AI without any of those mods (which I do for some of my missions, since VCOM tends to send your units every which way) it is painful to watch a squad 20 meters away engaging an enemy while the prior squad watches butterflies fly around. Thanks for all the hard work, man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DEV614 said:

Copy that! One thing I think desperately missing from all AI mods (at least those used for SP purposes) is inter-squad/platoon communication. Obviously I don't expect a detailed five-step report from the friendly AI, but a small side-chat message stating that they're in contact - or that they've spotted an enemy technical 500 meters away with their bearing/direction, or if they're below a certain combat effectiveness (say once they reach 50%), they can announce it. I have a feeling there's a reason nobody's really implemented this, so the task may be damn near impossible, but I thought I'd throw the idea out.

Another thing that would be useful, that also plays along with squad communication, is inherently adding the ability for High Command groups to communicate targets between eachother, like some of the other AI mods do (ASR, VCOM, etc.) Since other mods do this, I don't really expect it to peak your interest but when using AI without any of those mods (which I do for some of my missions, since VCOM tends to send your units every which way) it is painful to watch a squad 20 meters away engaging an enemy while the prior squad watches butterflies fly around. Thanks for all the hard work, man!

 

Seems doable. No ETA but notes have been taken :)

 

Looking forward to playing your mission btw. Feel free to share when you're done !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Igitur said:

 

Seems doable. No ETA but notes have been taken :)

 

Looking forward to playing your mission btw. Feel free to share when you're done !

Very excited for whatever you have in store, thank you for hearing me out! And it's really nothing special, just a counter-insurgency ALiVE campaign based in Takistan, starring the US Army. I plan to add a couple humanitarian tasks to help bring hostility down, but all in all, it's pretty simple. I'll definitely still release it whenever I'm done though, some single-player junkies like myself might get some pleasure out of it. :)

 

Not sure if this is an engine limitation, but would it be possible to make HC groups commandable by multiple units? For example, I have a company of US soldiers, and I'd like to add a team switch feature where you can switch to a unit, and it's HC group will correspond to that units subgroups (aka a Platoon leader would have all the squads in his platoon, a company leader would have everybody, a squad leader would have his fire teams, etc). I can think of only one way to do this with what you have right now and that would be using the CoC feature and assigning only the platoon leaders to the company commander and only the squad leaders to their respective platoon sergeant, which would produce some somewhat wonky results, since commanding the unit while in CoC mode is very limited (units will move whenever their CoC commander moves, regardless).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DEV614 said:

Very excited for whatever you have in store, thank you for hearing me out! And it's really nothing special, just a counter-insurgency ALiVE campaign based in Takistan, starring the US Army. I plan to add a couple humanitarian tasks to help bring hostility down, but all in all, it's pretty simple. I'll definitely still release it whenever I'm done though, some single-player junkies like myself might get some pleasure out of it. :)

 

Not sure if this is an engine limitation, but would it be possible to make HC groups commandable by multiple units? For example, I have a company of US soldiers, and I'd like to add a team switch feature where you can switch to a unit, and it's HC group will correspond to that units subgroups (aka a Platoon leader would have all the squads in his platoon, a company leader would have everybody, a squad leader would have his fire teams, etc). I can think of only one way to do this with what you have right now and that would be using the CoC feature and assigning only the platoon leaders to the company commander and only the squad leaders to their respective platoon sergeant, which would produce some somewhat wonky results, since commanding the unit while in CoC mode is very limited (units will move whenever their CoC commander moves, regardless).

 

I have built my own Team Switch functions for this mod, as the original feature was designed for switching units in a same group and hence was practically unusable in combination with HC. It may need another check though, I haven't used it for long. As it stood, you just had to assign some hc groups to the playable units you plan to switch to instead of assigning them to the player. For instance, if you have PL1 = Platoon Leader 1 : PL1 hcSetGroup [G1]; instead of player hcSetGroup [G1]. The feature should also work for assigning different HC arrays to different players in MP.

Test it out if you're interested and let me know whether it's still working. I have no more time to do it myself today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×