Version : 1.5.4.3

Fixed compatibility issues with Achilles, MCC and most likely other Zeus addons.

Version 1.5.5 - Sling loading.

Added :
6-1-5 : Sling load cargo : the command returns a list of the 10 nearest sling loadable objects in a 500 m sphere and picks up the selected one.
6-1-6 : Drop off cargo -> 1. At position : heli drops off at its current position. ~2. Coordinates : click on the map and drop off at coordinates.
6-1-7 : Cancel action : cancels current action (landing, sling loading, dropping).

• Like 2

On 16/12/2017 at 12:39 AM, Igitur said:

Version : 1.5.2

Edit : Hotfix 1.5.2.1.

This update aims at making the mod more streamlined and user friendly. It also focuses on large scale gameplay by making arrays more persistent and meaningful.

Changelog :

1. Pre-definition of arrays : mission makers can now define arrays in their mission's init file. Below is a typical setup for a company made up of 3 platoons, each platoon made of 3 squads of 3 groups.

IGIT_HCC_Arrays_Presets = [
 [['A',1,1], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G1,G2,G3]],
 [['A',1,2], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G4,G5,G6]],
 [['A',1,3], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G7,G8,G9]],
 [['A',1,0], 'positional', 'Platoon', 1, [G1,G4,G7]],
 [['A',2,1], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G10,G11,G12]],
 [['A',2,2], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G13,G14,G15]],
 [['A',2,3], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G16,G17,G18]],
 [['A',2,0], 'positional', 'Platoon', 1, [G10,G13,G16]],
 [['A',3,1], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G19,G20,G21]],
 [['A',3,2], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G22,G23,G24]],
 [['A',3,3], 'directional', 'Squad', 1, [G25,G26,G27]],
 [['A',3,0], 'positional', 'Platoon', 1, [G19,G22,G25]],
 [['A',0,0], 'positional', 'Company', 1, [G1,G10,G19]]
 ];

. Please note that the last line has no coma at the end.
. In this setup, G1 leader's rank is Major. G10 and G19 leaders are Captains. G22, G25, G13, G16, G4 and G7 leaders are leutenants, the other groups leaders are sergeants.
. Elements :
  1. ['A',1,1] : Company A, Platoon 1, Squad 1. The callsigns are not functional yet but I may use them later on.
  2. 'directional' : Mode of the array. Can be either 'directional' or 'positional'. Directional by default is not recommended for very large arrays.
  3. 'Squad' : Type of the array. Can be either 'Squad', 'Platoon' or 'Company'.
  4. 1 : This variable is not functional yet. It will decide whether or not you define the current position of your groups as their default formation. Custom HC formations will be possible at a later stage.
  5. [G1,G2,G3] : groups of your array. Arrays of order X can be made of either all the X-1 groups, or just the X-1 leaders. For instance, Platoon 1 could be [G1,G2,G3,G4,G5,G6,G7,G8,G9] but the mod only takes the subleaders (if any) into account. 

2. Gameplay : 'Stop Following' is no longer mandatory to take back direct control over a subgroup. Issuing a waypoint to the group will now automatically break the current formation.

3. Gameplay : the Regroup/RTF system has been reworked to differentiate arrays that were properly defined from the more opportunistic 'Follow Me' command. You can now order any group to follow you without breaking the array he belongs to.
   Use 'Regroup Subgroups' or 'Return To Formation' when you're dealing with your squads, platoons or companies, and use 'Form Back on Me' or 'Form Back on Player' when you want to call back the groups you've taken control over with 'Follow Me'.
   Note that a group that has been sent back to its regular formation is no longer available for the 'Back on Me' or 'Back on Player' commands (unless you use 'Follow Me' again). Those changes in the system should prevent from breaking the arrays
   you've defined unless you deliberately choose to re-define them.

4. As a bonus I have changed the 'Vehicle Speed' menu to provide a wider range of controllable speeds.

Does anyone has a working example of this company array they would like to share...? :)

22 hours ago, major woody said:

Does anyone has a working example of this company array they would like to share...? :)

Hello,

You'll find here a template for a company setup. Just extract the file in your SP mission folder. The company is made of 3 platoons of 3 squads, each squad being made of 3 fireteams + the lead group (3x3x4=36 groups). The files have not been binarized so you can read and edit them with notepad++.

The respective positions of your groups when starting the mission define their default formation. You may prefer to use the provided generic formations though, as shown in the video below. Low quality, but I cant seem to get a decent video processing from YouTube anymore.

Manoeuvring a Company.

Cheers !

• Like 1

This is quite possibly the best mod i have ever used for A3!!  Its amazing!!  Well done and thanks. 

Can you tell me if its possible to order a section of machine guns (3 x GPMG) to supress a building or area even if enemy are not visible there? 

What would be the sequence of menu commands and how do i indicate the target?  No problem doing this with a section of 3 mortars but can't figure it out for MG section? 

How does the "Active Suppression System" work as well please?

Oh and one other slight issue?  I don't seem to be able to get any HC Bar to display at all?  I can only select units by  clicking on their map icons or dragging a box etc.  Everything else works fine but no bar along the bottom of the map screen with the unit names etc. on it?

Thanks.

Edited by minimi66
Missed something out.

I'm having trouble getting the sync waypoint to work. I'm using middle mouse button as per instruction, but no syncing is appearing. My middle mouse button seems to work just fine, but is it possible to remap the key somehow or is there something I'm missing?

On 11/21/2018 at 7:52 PM, Igitur said:

Hello,

You'll find here a template for a company setup. Just extract the file in your SP mission folder. The company is made of 3 platoons of 3 squads, each squad being made of 3 fireteams + the lead group (3x3x4=36 groups). The files have not been binarized so you can read and edit them with notepad++.

The respective positions of your groups when starting the mission define their default formation. You may prefer to use the provided generic formations though, as shown in the video below. Low quality, but I cant seem to get a decent video processing from YouTube anymore.

Manoeuvring a Company.

Cheers !

Thanks for this m8 - however I must do something completly wrong... - I do not have any of theese opportunities shown in the video... - do I need to configure something...? :)

Not sure if this is still followed/updated, but I’m having issues with callsigns after team switch. I know this was an issue earlier, but it looked like it had been fixed with a subsequent update. However I still see units default to “Alpha 1-X” after using team switch. 

It could be user error if I’m not defining the group id properly as well. 

Hey, so it's been a while since anyone posted. I can't get this mod to work anymore. I think a recent patch broke it. Anyone else having the issue? Any plans to update? This mod is perfect because it add's useful features to HC but it's also not bloated with stuff I'll never use.

Unfortunately it's not working like it used to for me either, so I'm putting up with vanilla HC.  It's got to be depressing to script these kind of mods only to have them broken by a patch.

Hey , can you somehow para drop units out of a plane ,all the get out commands didn't work

It is a shame that BIS broke nearly every vehicle formation. This array system was a very good solution. The mod lacked other features like the Task System in Platoon Leader mod but the Array system was great.