Update 1.3.1 - First post updated (videos).

Changelog :

• Added : RHS statics integration (dismantled weapons and static cannons).
  • Improved : artillery functions. Fire/Repeat artillery now works with mortars, static cannons (RHS) and tanks.

Does it suppose to work on dev-branch? Tested today and everything works but the waypoints ( can't place any ). Or maybe it has some issues if used in Eden?

Does it suppose to work on dev-branch? Tested today and everything works but the waypoints ( can't place any ). Or maybe it has some issues if used in Eden?

High Command in general is broken right now on both dev and RC. BI should have a update out tomorrow to fix it hopefully.

• Like 1

Hi, began examining the mod, usefull, but got few questions:
Does enemy's markers disappearing?

How to disable friendly markers?

​Version 1.4.0 -​ ​First post updated.

This update focuses on handling additional HC groups and large scale battles. It provides tools to command arrays of groups at squad, platoon or company level.

Leading a platoon.

I've also added a few minor but convenient new commands.

Changelog :​

•  HC menu Move :         
  • 8. Follow true  =>  Positional /Directional : Selected groups will follow the first element of the array (formation).
  • 9. Follow false  - Selected groups leave their current formation.
  • 0. Return to Formation - works in combination with a 'Wait' order. Selected groups return to their current formation. 

• ​HC menu Engage​ :
  • 7~8. Enable/DisableAI AutoCombat : enables/disables autonomous switching to COMBAT when in danger.

• HC menu Team :
  • Display All => All groups / All leaders.

• HC menu Reply :
  • 5~6. Sentences On/Off : allows sentences or mutes all groups.

@ Foxhound & KeCharles : thanks as usual guys, you're faster than me. The Dropbox link has been updated on the first page. It contains a fancy logo that should appear in the game menu and which for whatever reason wont work in the steam version you've uploaded. Nothing important though, 1.4.1 should come quickly.

May I also ask you to copy the following links on the mod's pages on Armaholic and PW6 (or is there any way I can do it myself ?) :

All HCC videos :

Hi, began examining the mod, usefull, but got few questions:
Does enemy's markers disappearing?

How to disable friendly markers?

Enemy markers appear and disappear depending on whether or not your side knows about their presence (or wheter or not they've been killed). That's just how High Command works, not mod related.

There's an entry in the group's root menu to disable 3D markers. I could add one for the 2D markers as well but I fail to see the usefulness.

Igitur, on 02 Mar 2016 - 16:52, said:

Thanks for answer, will check 'enemy's markers' more precisely

(checked: b.i. 's military symbols have something wrong (still showing enemy's position when no chance anyone could know it, but markers disappearing)),

we are playing most realistic is possible and using "cTab" and others for it, so would like to have ability to disable the markers on map, if you could add it, it would be great

(and if the option would have choise- to show: only enemy's markers, all, none; would be even greater ) ).

Thanks for mod.

Great mod Igitur! A more powerful HC system was missing badly in Arma 3! 

Just a question, there is a quick way to just add to HC a group spawned with Zeus? Like, add a group/unit via Zeus and use some kind of command / code / whatever. I've tried commands you posted above but seems they only work by using them in the mission making phase

Great mod Igitur! A more powerful HC system was missing badly in Arma 3! 

Just a question, there is a quick way to just add to HC a group spawned with Zeus? Like, add a group/unit via Zeus and use some kind of command / code / whatever. I've tried commands you posted above but seems they only work by using them in the mission making phase

Hi markrev,

Yes, there is a command in the HC menu Actions : 6-0 : Add Curator groups. It's greyed out by default but becomes available for every Zeus owner and does basically what you're asking. Did you try it out ?

• Like 2

Hi markrev,

Yes, there is a command in the HC menu Actions : 6-0 : Add Curator groups. It's greyed out by default but becomes available for every Zeus owner and does basically what you're asking. Did you try it out ?

Nope I really missed that option! I'll try it as soon as possilble! Thank you very much!

I just tested that option and it works! Great work this mod REALLY makes the difference! I was so tired to use combinations of mods and Zeus to move groups around, too much hassle and limited options. This could really be a game changer for me!

Anyways, I've just noticed couple of "quirks", some of them have been reported already (like the RHS problems) I'll try to share my experience. 

- As pointed out previously, RHS is buggy. The first time the a curator enters Zeus, only vanilla units are displayed in "single unit" menu. On "Group menus" RHS groups are displayed. As soon as curator add a Infantry group, the next time he enter Zeus all RHS infantry units are displayed in the "Single unit" menu. If curator add a Motorized infantry, the next time he enter Zeus, Single motorized units are available. If curator adds a tank platoon from "Group" menu, single tank units become visilble in "single" units  and so on, you get the picture. Units placed using this method, cannot be moved or deleted by the curator, the message "Not enough resources availableto edit" or something like that. Vanilla units obviously work as intended.  So probably it's really nothing big maybe only some configuration lines to be added to fully support everything.

I know it could be really hard to try even imagine  supporting every third party mod available for Arma, but there are a couple of mods that are really the comunity standards so try to incorporate those two or three could really spread the use of HC converter in all communities (big and small). AFAIK the big and famous mod teams (and I mean ACE, ALIVE and RHS in the specific) are trying to collaborate with each other to mantain full compatibility (cause realistically, 99,9% of the times communities that are using ACE also use RHS). Maybe they will help you in case of need.

- Using the "add curator groups" command After some OPFOR units are created in Zeus, make it available as Groups to command in HC. It obviously shouldn't be like that.

- I've just realized that in a MP session, sometimes player looses the ability to enter High Command mode after death and respawn. I know you haven't tested MP yet so I can offer some help if you need!

Other than that, the rest is preatty rock solid, finally a dream to play Arma. Lately I was really getting tired of Arma3, to really have some kind of pleasing experience I had to install way to much mods. One mod that offers 12 features, even if I am only interested in the CAS portion of the mod ('cause vanilla CAS sucks). Another mod that offers 100 features even if I am only interested in the commanding tab that comes with it. Another mod that offers 200 features even if I am only interested in the way Choppers are handled to support troops ('cause vanilla support modules sucks).

Just to give you an example, for months I used MCC for the commander tab that ships with it. MCC gives the player hundreds of features, I just wanted to use the commander tab. I really dislike Zeus when it comes to command groups that are on my side, it's really not realistic and I feel like immersion totally disappear when I have to leave the first person view, the battlefield, to enter "RTS mode". High Commander was a really cool idea, I played a little bit with it but still, in typical BIS fashion, very nice idea poorly implemented. Vanilla HC is limited, and AFAIK still doesn't support Zeus and realtime mission making eg: you can High command editor placed units but you can't improvise anything using Zeus so it sucks a bit. 

Ok sorry I had to take this off my chest xD   again, thanks for the amazing work.

Ps: I'm testing HC Converter in Local MP session with these mods installed:

- Alive mod

- ACE

- CUP Maps

- ARES

- RHS

ok having problems with the mod. I watched the vids and it looks like you can set hc groups on the fly without the modules in the game. The problem is I dont get those menus like create hc group. When I create a mission with the commander and subordinate module pre-done I get the menus but then Im pre-syncing everything. Does anyone have a test mission I can try. 

Version : 1.4.1 - Hotfix : the mod did not work on MP respawn. For whatever reason the 'Group' respawn type remains broken.

@ markrev : Thanks a lot for your post and your detailed report. I truly appreciate.

1. MP respawn is fixed, except for the Group respawn, which never worked in any of my mods, no clue why.

2. RHS :  I did a quick test that you might want to reproduce and confirm : disable HCC and try to use Zeus along with RHS and a regular HC commander module. All RHS units and groups disappear. Hence that issue is definitely not related to HCC but to High Command and Zeus (or RHS) in general. I even wonder how I managed to get access to the RHS groups :huh: .​ I'll look later if that's a known issue.

3. ALIVE, ACE3, ... : Did you experience any problem with those mods ? If so, would you mind elaborating ?

4. Opfor should never be mixed with Blufor in HC bar : not sure with that one. AFAIK,  Zeus limitations are a mission designer's business : he is the one who decides which factions, groups, units or zones are accessible to a curator. HCC only adds groups to their owner's hc bar and should automatically match those limitations , if any. On the contrary, a game master might want to High Command both Blufor and Opfor simultanously. The mod still allows that.

ok having problems with the mod. I watched the vids and it looks like you can set hc groups on the fly without the modules in the game. The problem is I dont get those menus like create hc group. When I create a mission with the commander and subordinate module pre-done I get the menus but then Im pre-syncing everything. Does anyone have a test mission I can try. 

"Create HC group" is a custom command that's been added to the regular squad menu (5-9). If it doesn't appear, then the mod is just not enabled. Check the launcher and make sure HCC is the last mod in your mod library.

Version : 1.4.1 - Hotfix : the mod did not work on MP respawn. For whatever reason the 'Group' respawn type remains broken.

@ markrev : Thanks a lot for your post and your detailed report. I truly appreciate.

1. MP respawn is fixed, except for the Group respawn, which never worked in any of my mods, no clue why.

2. RHS :  I did a quick test that you might want to reproduce and confirm : disable HCC and try to use Zeus along with RHS and a regular HC commander module. All RHS units and groups disappear. Hence that issue is definitely not related to HCC but to High Command and Zeus (or RHS) in general. I even wonder how I managed to get access to the RHS groups :huh: .​ I'll look later if that's a known issue.

3. ALIVE, ACE3, ... : Did you experience any problem with those mods ? If so, would you mind elaborating ?

4. Opfor should never be mixed with Blufor in HC bar : not sure with that one. AFAIK,  Zeus limitations are a mission designer's business : he is the one who decides which factions, groups, units or zones are accessible to a curator. HCC only adds groups to their owner's hc bar and should automatically match those limitations , if any. On the contrary, a game master might want to High Command both Blufor and Opfor simultanously. The mod still allows that.

"Create HC group" is a custom command that's been added to the regular squad menu (5-9). If it doesn't appear, then the mod is just not enabled. Check the launcher and make sure HCC is the last mod in your mod library.

Number 3. There is a conflict with alive when you hit ctrl and click on map. The Alive marker wants to pop up when you want to add another waypoint in high command. Cant seem to change the key binding. 

Hi Ingitur, thanks for the update, here's the situation now:

- the respawn problem seems gone! Yay!

- I've tested what you asked about RHS: I can't replicate what you got on your part, If I try RHS with normal HC modules (without your mod) RHS units DO show up flawlessly. I should add that I was using the CUP units mod also (forgot of that) so now that I tested both RHS and CUP units, I can say that they have the same behaviour I explained in previous post.   

- I did noticed that If I place the High command module in the mission editor, even linking only Vanilla units, RHS and other mods do show up in Zeus after mission is started. Don't know what to think. 

- Still,  "Add curator groups" makes OPFOR units controllable.

I've uploaded two videos to show off what I'm experiencing as far as those aspects. 

Video 1

- I start with only my unit and a zeus module. RHS and other mods units are not shown.

- After adding a group, they do show up in Single units menu.

- Then I place the High command module and add to it Vanilla units. Now all mods are shown in zeus menus.

- Next step, I add some OPFOR units and after hitting "Add curator groups" they can be controlled by me.

- Last step, I just kill myself to test the respawn bug, which seems to be fixed. 

Video 2

Here, I just loaded Arma 3 with no mods at all only HC Converter is loaded to test it. Still, "Add curator groups" makes OPFOR units controllable.

Again, both videos are Local MP games, Video 1 uses the mods I listed previously, Video 2 no mods were loaded at all. Hope this could be helpful, feel free to ask if you need help.

Btw, one cool addition would be to add two modules to Zeus, like  "Add group to High commander" and a "Remove group from HC control", would make life easier since right now via zeus we have to play with grouping a lot (which in zeus isn't user friendly, sadly). Something like ARES mod, if you know what I mean. 

Keep up the good work! 

Number 3. There is a conflict with alive when you hit ctrl and click on map. The Alive marker wants to pop up when you want to add another waypoint in high command. Cant seem to change the key binding. 

Waypoints can be added with either LCtrl+LMB or LCtrl+MMB. Use Middle Mouse Button instead.

RHS :  investigating.

Opfor : Ok, I'll change that. I considered the feature could be useful for a game master but yeah, HCC isn't a Zeus extension after all. I could perhaps keep all friendly sides accessible. What do you think ?

Remove ​groups from HC : Good idea. Will do.

Anyway, thanks guys for the feedback. Keep it coming, it helps a lot !

hello I have a problem when i create groups off of me and left alone as I am doing wrong? sorry for my English had to use google translator because my English is horrible

hello I have a problem when i create groups off of me and left alone as I am doing wrong? sorry for my English had to use google translator because my English is horrible

Hey,

You have to switch to HC mode once you've created your group. The default combo is LCtrl+space. Not sure I'm answering your question though.