Love this mod 

however unable to team switch when using this

is their a work around ?

thanks

Hey,

Team switch was disabled so far to avoid a coding mess, but I think I've got it right now. It will be re-enabled in the next update.

Version : 1.5

Introducing algorithmic HC formations, scope of commands and team switch support.

Changelog :

1. Fixed : several minor issues with color assignment.

2. Fixed : team switch should now be functional in SP .

3. Fixed : groups formations were not included in the Chain of Command system.

4. Fixed : the scope of commands in the Chain of Command could mess up when a group was leading a squad, a platoon and a company at the same time. The process has been streamlined and is now based on this simple rule :

Display the platoon page to command at platoon level (6-0-8). Display the company page to command at company level (6-0-9). You're commanding the squad by default on any other page.

This principle applies to several critical leader commands :

. 6-3 : Subgroups mode.

. 6-4 : Subgroups formation.

. 6-5 : Chain of Command.

. Regroup subgroups (HC root menu).

5. Added : Define Array As ->  Not Defined (1-8-4). Resets the selected groups and removes them from any previously defined array.

6. Added : Subgroups mode -> New Positional / New directional. Assign current groups positions to the selected leader's array. New Positional is actually the former 'Positional' mode, which now simply resets the variable instead of defining new positions.

7. Added : High command formations :

. 6-4 : Subgroups formation -> 1. Line 2. Column 3. Wedge 4. Circle. -> Interval : 20 ... 200 m.

Just like 'Subgroups Mode' and 'Chain of Command', this command only becomes available when at least one defined leader is selected. You can combine formations at different levels (e.g. 3 squad Wedges in a platoon Line).

• Like 1

Hi Igitur, is there any change of a script version? No worries if not! Just thought I'd ask if it wasn't too much of a pain. 

EDIT: Or would you permit me to make a script version as long as I don't change anything and attribute it correctly? 

No script version, sorry. Most of the menus are created at config level.

• Like 1

Hey Igitur thanks for the very promising mod! I have a little question: what does positional/directional setting means in context of "Array definition" (when I'm creating a platoon that is)?

Hey Igitur thanks for the very promising mod! I have a little question: what does positional/directional setting means in context of "Array definition" (when I'm creating a platoon that is)?

hey,

that's quite simple : the positional mode defines the subgroups positions relative to the lead group; the directional mode does the same but takes the facing direction of the lead group into account and adapts the subgroups positions accordingly when the leader changes its moving direction.

Directional works great in close formation, when you deal with just a few groups. Posiitonal is recommended when you deal with big and widespread arrays like platoons or companies, as it spares the poor guys on the edge a 500m run every time the leader changes his path. I plan to make this mode more usefull by adding formations parameters like amplitude, translation (x or y), and direction, which you could adjust manually when necessary.

Once defined, you can switch from one mode to the other at will using the 'Subgroups Mode' command (6-3) : select the leader of the array and choose between Positional, Directional, New Postional or New Directional. The two first simply switch the mode of the previously defined formation. New Positional and New Directional enable you to define new postions for the subgroups without having to re-define the whole array.

I hope this helps. To get a quick view of what it does, just create two groups out of your squad units, order them to follow you, positional mode (1-0-1). Move around in all directions, then select you own group and hit 6-3-2 : Subgroups Mode, Directional. Move around again and observe the difference. Use 'New Positional' or 'New Directional' to define new positions.

• Like 1

This mod stops working if you use Advanced AI Command by Duda installed as well.
Just thought I'd let you guys know. It seems to break the menu system so you can't access your sub. units as normal (through use of this mod)

More in-dept;
Opening up map for the first time and commanding groups/units around using your mod works fine the first time you use it. However, to use Duda's mod you have to (default binding) ctrl+space go into sub. command to use its features. After some time back and forth the typical left-click menu of your mod disappears and you are left with the regular arma 3 command menu+duda's system.

Perhaps you guys could collaborate to make these mods into one fully functional command-mod?

I think you're mixing things up here. There's no typical left-click menu in this mod. HCC is based on the default High Command system and benefits from all its features, plus tons of new ones I'm adding progressively. I've tried Duda's mod right now and it seems to work without conflict so far. No guarantee in the long run though.

Does anyone have a sample mission set up with a platoon properly arrayed?

Thanks

Hello...

This is a great mod. I really like it. :)

Playing around with it, I've discovered a possible bug or a somewhat frustrating "feature". ;)

I'm trying to combine unit switching and HCC, and it works except for one thing, Callsigns (groupID).

If I change the callsign of units, they reset to it's default whenever I use Team Switch.

It only happens when this mod is loaded. Testet it with only this one mod loaded.

To reproduce:

Open 3den (virtual world).

Place two units (2 riflemen).

One is the player, the other is playable.

Change their callsigns to "Player 1" and "Player 2".

Play the scenario.

Open team switching.

Callsigns look right.

Switch to the other unit.

Open team switching again.

Now the callsign of the first unit has reset (back to "Alpha 1-1").

Is there a way around this already, or can you make it so the callsigns(groupID's) don't change when using team switch?

Cheers :)

Hi there, I posted this on the Steam Workshop but it looks like you aren't on there regularly, so I'm repeating it here:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think this mod is silencing the player's voice while moving. When I stand still and give commands I hear a voice command and the text pops up, but when I'm moving I'm silent and there's no text.

Is there any way to turn on voice/text while moving? Many times I end up doing commands twice (particularly formations) because I'm not sure if I hit the right one.

Other than that, I like the mod a lot. I haven't yet fully understood all the things it does, but once I figure them out I'm sure it'll make commanding much easier for me.

Hello, and thank you for this mod.  I think, however, I must be doing something wrong in using it and could use some assistance.

I load ArmA with this mod along with some standard mods other people use (ACE & the CUP suite) and in the editor I place myself down as well as three rifle squads.  In the squad leader's init area I include player hcSetGroup [group this] as required and then I preview the game.

I am able to go into the command menu and individually select the group, or select all of them via the map but whenever I press any of the numeric keys (1-0) nothing happens except that it exits out of the command function.

Does anyone have any thought on what I'm doing wrong?

Hi. I'm no longer working on this project atm.  Thanks for your remarks though. I'll take a look when (if) I start working again on a new update.

The HC groups stop following me after the respawn in MP :(

Note taken, thanks.

If I change the callsign of units, they reset to it's default whenever I use Team Switch.

Is there a way around this already, or can you make it so the callsigns(groupID's) don't change when using team switch?

Yep, keeping track of callsigns is on my todo list since day 1. Note taken.

Hi there, I posted this on the Steam Workshop but it looks like you aren't on there regularly, so I'm repeating it here:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think this mod is silencing the player's voice while moving. When I stand still and give commands I hear a voice command and the text pops up, but when I'm moving I'm silent and there's no text.

Is there any way to turn on voice/text while moving? Many times I end up doing commands twice (particularly formations) because I'm not sure if I hit the right one.

Other than that, I like the mod a lot. I haven't yet fully understood all the things it does, but once I figure them out I'm sure it'll make commanding much easier for me.

Due to the lack of a much needed  'MoveSilent' command, and to suit my personal taste, I've silenced every leader's voice while moving.

Hello, and thank you for this mod.  I think, however, I must be doing something wrong in using it and could use some assistance.

I load ArmA with this mod along with some standard mods other people use (ACE & the CUP suite) and in the editor I place myself down as well as three rifle squads.  In the squad leader's init area I include player hcSetGroup [group this] as required and then I preview the game.

I am able to go into the command menu and individually select the group, or select all of them via the map but whenever I press any of the numeric keys (1-0) nothing happens except that it exits out of the command function.

Does anyone have any thought on what I'm doing wrong?

Please make sure that HCC is the last mod loaded in your mod library. I know ACE has its own menus, which would override mines if the mod is loaded after HCC.

For some reason I cannot use the teamswitch when I have HCC enabled. Is there any way for me to fix that on my own?

Is there a way to predefine subgroups (Company, platoon, squad) on mission initialization ? I have a battalion sized force in my mission and it's annoying having to always redefine the groups when rejoining the mission.

For some reason I cannot use the teamswitch when I have HCC enabled. Is there any way for me to fix that on my own?

Make sure you're on v1.5. Team switch didn't work on previous versions. I'll check it out though.

Is there a way to predefine subgroups (Company, platoon, squad) on mission initialization ? I have a battalion sized force in my mission and it's annoying having to always redefine the groups when rejoining the mission.

Good idea. I'll see what I can do.

I have a slight problem. I have only just started using this awesome mod and trying out different scenarios etc but this is the problem I have encountered. I put this mod on my old laptop which I use just for mission creation and I cannot get it to work. I can create the hcgroups but once that is done I no longer can use submenus. If I choose a group then try any menu numbers the menu just disappears. All I can do is set waypoints. Now I know this works perfectly so far on my gaming computer but the laptop just doesnt work. I cant think what would be causing the issue as the only mods I am using on laptop is cba, asr and hcc. Any suggestions? Oh and yes HCC is loaded last

Thanks in advance

I have a slight problem. I have only just started using this awesome mod and trying out different scenarios etc but this is the problem I have encountered. I put this mod on my old laptop which I use just for mission creation and I cannot get it to work. I can create the hcgroups but once that is done I no longer can use submenus. If I choose a group then try any menu numbers the menu just disappears. All I can do is set waypoints. Now I know this works perfectly so far on my gaming computer but the laptop just doesnt work. I cant think what would be causing the issue as the only mods I am using on laptop is cba, asr and hcc. Any suggestions? Oh and yes HCC is loaded last

Thanks in advance

That's odd since the menus are created at config level and are loaded with the addon. You should either be able to use all of them, or none :confused:. Can you please describe step by step what you're trying to do ? How you create the groups, the menu you call, the command that makes it disappear, etc..

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding : do you see the HCC logo in the game's main menu ? The mod is simply not activated if you dont.

Sure.

1 HCC is loaded and can be seen as a loaded mod in arma 3 main screen

2. Choose several men then 5 - 9 create hc group

3. Cntrl + spacebar to hc mode

4. Choose a group or groups. Menu comes up saying waypoint or support or rfs. Rest are greyed out

5. Hit any number from 1 to 8 and all close menu. Only one that comes up is 9 which I forget what it says but remember something bout 3d icons

Its really weird because I am running on my gaming pc and everything works. For the life of me cannot work out why laptop isnt. Maybe I need to reload Arma

Sure.

1 HCC is loaded and can be seen as a loaded mod in arma 3 main screen

2. Choose several men then 5 - 9 create hc group

3. Cntrl + spacebar to hc mode

4. Choose a group or groups. Menu comes up saying waypoint or support or rfs. Rest are greyed out

5. Hit any number from 1 to 8 and all close menu. Only one that comes up is 9 which I forget what it says but remember something bout 3d icons

Its really weird because I am running on my gaming pc and everything works. For the life of me cannot work out why laptop isnt. Maybe I need to reload Arma

Sorry, I really cant replicate, even though I play Arma on a 7yo laptop (mostly in notepad++, that is). The only reason I can think of is a corrupted file, either in HCC or in the game itself. Here is how I would try to figure it out :

1. Deactivate HCC and create a standard HC mission. Check if the default HC menus work as they should. If they do, then delete the mod and reload it from the same source that worked for your gaming computer. If they dont, then you can be sure that the game files are corrupted.

2. If that doesn't work, you can always check the Arma files before reloading the whole game : right click on Arma 3 in your steam library -> properties -> local files -> check the game's cache integrity.

3. I dont know what 'rfs' is. I guess you mean 'Regroup/RTF' ? If so, then all right, otherwise you have another mod overwriting the HCC menus.

I hope this helps somehow :huh:

I cant seem too get this mod to work can you please explain in depth what line I put into the init field of the squad leader.

I've tried "this player hcSetGroup [group this]"