leshrack

Lesh's Towing Mod 1.0 (2018-06-16)

Congrats on the release leshrack, seems pretty polished!  I know what hurdles you've gone over and trough, and it's nice to see my script idea made it into Arma 3!  If I ever find the time I'll check the scripts how you've tackled all the PhysX stuff :)

Anyone has a mission file utilizing this? Woud love to try it out.. and perhaps with the Nimitz too :D

Leshrac and dscha, you two should team up and create the ultimate towing mod. With trailers, airlogistic towing, tractors, templates for other vehicles like towable field artillery aso...... and then maybe consider adding it to ACE. :D

• Like 1

Congrats on the release leshrack, seems pretty polished!  I know what hurdles you've gone over and trough, and it's nice to see my script idea made it into Arma 3!  If I ever find the time I'll check the scripts how you've tackled all the PhysX stuff :)

Thanks!

sadly setVelocity :/

Yeah, indeed unfortunately the automatic brakes are too powerful for any other solution for the time being :( believe me i tried.

Anyone has a mission file utilizing this? Woud love to try it out.. and perhaps with the Nimitz too :D

I'll be sure to add a sample mission in the next update. Which is coming later today.

Leshrac and dscha, you two should team up and create the ultimate towing mod. With trailers, airlogistic towing, tractors, templates for other vehicles like towable field artillery aso...... and then maybe consider adding it to ACE. :D

Unfortunately I believe our respective solutions are as good as they are going to get with the current limitations of the arma engine and scripting commands. A command to disable the handbrakes would already be a huge step forward along with many other requests currently waiting in the feedback tracker but until that time we will have to make do with what we are given.

• Like 1

Update 0.3 released!

This will be most likely the last "alpha" release and the next should be 1.0 depending on the severity of any issues found.

http://leshrack.com/towing/lesh_tow.zip

changelist:

- Changed modelToWorld to ModelToWorldVisual in tow function which seems to be better when driving without the speed limiter which is now a lot safer.

- Fixed another nil variable script fail (thanks again TeTeT)

- Fixed a bug in which caused the towed vehicle to get a negative speed while driving forwards resulting in a jump backward. Should result in a somewhat smoother tow experience

- Fixed requiredAddons in cfgPatches for all the patch pbo's which seems to have fixed them getting added in the requirements for missions

- Fixed vanilla configs having wrong base class for the transport choppers

- Fixed Perals tractor optional configs had wrong base class

- Added F/A-18X Black Wasp optional config patch

- Added a short explanation for the various config values to the readme.txt

- Added a simple example mission to quickly allow testing of the mod

• Like 1

Yeah, indeed unfortunately the automatic brakes are too powerful for any other solution for the time being :( believe me i tried.

I had the same Problem, when i fiddled around with the Ropes. The only Solution was a AI, that gets a WP + a little push from the script.

Unfortunately I believe our respective solutions are as good as they are going to get with the current limitations of the arma engine and scripting commands. A command to disable the handbrakes would already be a huge step forward along with many other requests currently waiting in the feedback tracker but until that time we will have to make do with what we are given.

Yeah, but the chance to get that... meh. I am not so optimistic about that.

Hey,

at first thanks for that AWESOME script. Looking forward for what ever comes with it in the future. 

May I suggest a mod for optional patches? I use the USAF mod quite often atm. Would be cool to have it work with your script. Also with this the bigger Tow Truck from Peral would finally be useful xD

Thanks anyway. 
Your Mod is great. Keep up the awesome work.

Many Greetings
Moony

is it possible to make it towing a plane with a pilot inside?

It is probably possible but not in the current version. I had some issues with locality while working on the mod so i decided to work around it instead of tackle it head on. I might have a crack at it sometime in the future.

May I suggest a mod for optional patches? I use the USAF mod quite often atm. Would be cool to have it work with your script. Also with this the bigger Tow Truck from Peral would finally be useful xD

I believe Lala14 made an optional config for the USAF planes. you'll find the link in that thread.

Lesh is that avatar your EVE avatar?

Indeed it is

Hey,

at first thanks for that AWESOME script. Looking forward for what ever comes with it in the future. 

Thanks anyway. 

Your Mod is great. Keep up the awesome work.

Many Greetings

Moony

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1lhj57jztx9sul/USAF_LESHTOW.rar

A small update to fix some compatibility issues with other mods that haven't defined whitelists for remoteExec calls (backward compatibility)

- Removed mode setting for remoteExecCfg. Was causing compatibility issues with mods and scripts that haven't defined whitelists for remoteExec calls yet.

I tested it and it solves the problems with MCC so it most likely solves all incompatibility problems! Thanks Lesh!

So i am abit confused. This mod could be configured to tow regular vehicles?  one thing i miss from arma2 is being able to tow vehicles and currently the only thing ive seen in the R3Logic which is great it gets the job done but the complete lack of phyic's is nasty.  I want to be able to setup a weight system so that lets say an mrap could tow and mrap but not a tank and only tanks could be towed by that hemit tow truck or the bobcat, just stuff that makes sense.  after reading threw all the post that seems to be the case but i just wanted clarification! def something that should be in ace. nice work!

• Like 1

No this mod is for Air Vehicles only. You can Tow planes and chopper with UGVs or Perals Airport Logistics.

But @Lesh, I request the ability to tow  regular vehicles too now.  :P 

But @Lesh, I request the ability to tow  regular vehicles too now.  :P

I second that motion! :)

I third that motion with the reason that lots of mods are popping up that have static objects that could totally be mobile with the right TOW mod... * COUGH COUGH POOK SAM'S COUCH COUGH**

• Like 1

I third that motion with the reason that lots of mods are popping up that have static objects that could totally be mobile with the right TOW mod... * COUGH COUGH POOK SAM'S COUCH COUGH**

Word!!!

As I understand Leshrack have already implemented vehicle towing in his mod. All you need is compatibility mods for other vehicle mods. But it is not Leshrack work but vehicle mod authors, am I right? And as I understand all you need is to add specific config entries into original vehicle configs.