Sign in to follow this  
Nightbaron

What do you expect in the next patch?

OK,Let's just see this as the "reallistic" side of your expectation, That means this is where you might put something you wanted that you think might and can be done by just a patch.

Hope those guy's in BIS would hear us...

And for me...i just wanted :

- MORE "REASONABLE" AI.

C'mon you guy's....at least make the AI DO SOMETHING instead just stood there or go into prone,they(soldiers) even refused to shoot at enemy vehicles with their rifles....isnt that a little funny?

- BETTER HIT DETECTION.

Please...The land vehicles crews (tank&bmp) were actually imune to rifle fire (Im talkin when they popped out from the hatch, DONT tell me they got a bullet proof helmet and visor)...Damn its hard being a sniper in OFP smile.gif.

thank you,

reallisticly I think the next patch will mainly be bug-fixes, as they just released a lot of new features.

They can't release new features everytime...

This might get locked as there are similar threads around here, but I'll add my part anyways.

Beside the missing mission list on servers and increased lag I expect them to fix the sidearm ammo numbers. Furthermore, sidearms need an increased recoil and more sway, resulting in less accuracy over longer distances. I also expect 3 new units: Uncovered Ural, PK-armed UAZ and either a PK-armed or non-armed MI17. All of them are easy to make, as they are based on existing units. This would already be enough for me regarding the 1.86 patch. Of course I have at least 3 dozen other things I would like to see in upcoming patches, but as you said, lets try to stay realistic of what to expect of 1.86...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nightbaron @ Oct. 17 2002,10:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- MORE "REASONABLE" AI.

C'mon you guy's....at least make the AI DO SOMETHING instead just stood there or go into prone,they(soldiers) even refused to shoot at enemy vehicles with their rifles....isnt that a little funny?

- BETTER HIT DETECTION.

Please...The land vehicles crews (tank&bmp) were actually imune to rifle fire (Im talkin when they popped out from the hatch, DONT tell me they got a bullet proof helmet and visor)...Damn its hard being a sniper in OFP smile.gif.

thank you,<span id='postcolor'>

Uhm, the AI is just about the best AI I've ever seen in any game. They don't stand or just go prone. They detect where the shots are coming from and split up, flanking from the left, right and some approaching straight on. They also flee if they see that enemy forces are overwhelming.

As far as hit detection goes it's also fine. I can easily, EASILY shoot the crewmen of tanks/BMP/Bradley when they're turned out. The only problem is with the M113 gunner who can't be shot, which is really a minor thing.

I Honestly don't expect much in the next patch, if there ever is one. I can play 1.85 happily ever after. biggrin.gif

Regarding the AI, if you use Super AI - in difficulty settings then the AI I would say are about as good as any human I have played online, actually better when they behave as a squad - Covering fire, flanking, Bounding Overwatch positions etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nightbaron @ Oct. 17 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- MORE "REASONABLE" AI.

C'mon you guy's....at least make the AI DO SOMETHING instead just stood there or go into prone,they(soldiers) even refused to shoot at enemy vehicles with their rifles....isnt that a little funny?<span id='postcolor'>

It's not reasonable to shoot at a tank with a rifle. And they will shoot at trucks and their drivers if you tell them to.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nightbaron @ Oct. 17 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- BETTER HIT DETECTION.

Please...The land vehicles crews (tank&bmp) were actually imune to rifle fire (Im talkin when they popped out from the hatch, DONT tell me they got a bullet proof helmet and visor)...Damn its hard being a sniper in OFP smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

You can shoot the crew when they're turned out/driving a vehicle.  I've either done it, or seen it done by AI, either way.

The AI is great, i have no problems there. What i have a slight problem with is the amout of inventory slots you have available. Its the only reason i dont like the Grenade Launchers because you can only carry 5 at the most and thats without any ammo for the rifle. I mean another 2 would not do any harm, but i would prefer if you had alot more, maybe 20 or so instead of 10, but i know this wont happen. It would be nice though. I really like the game know though. I was sneaking round with the Glock-S. Its awesome!

There are enough patch discussion and future version discussion threads, use one of them if you must, as for what may or may not be coming in a future patch, as my parents were so fond of saying "you'll get what you're given" smile.gif

Closing.