Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

Bohemia Interactive for Australia?

G'day forums!

I have been loving the sensation of coding, modeling and animating, and would like to be part of BI's team. Unfortunately, I have not heard yet that there is a Bohemia Interactive studio in Australia, as I am not used to travelling long distances. But I am feeling grouchy about joining Bohemia Interactive Simulations, as they have a more difficult side of coding, as well as being a separate company from BI. (I do like them, but they are way more advanced than I anticipated)

Is there a BI studio in Australia? And if not, will BI plan to build a studio in Australia?

Thanks,

Rawner135

Williamstown is the only office down here mate.

What are they doing that is more advanced than you anticipated?

• Like 1

BI are currently looking for external artists:  http://www.bistudio.com/company/careers

Australia is an unattractive place for a software company to open a production office due to high wages. They could hire 1 Australian or 2-3 people back in the Czech Republic. It only works for BISim as our military are their clients.

FWIW, I noticed a BI Sim office in the main street of Nelson Bay when I was there a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

I agree with the idea of a BI office in Australia, mainly because I am Australian but because I know people who live in Australia with so much potential and expertise. However I'd imagine it would be a very small office and a very small team.

I do understand the wages are a bit much, but prices call always be negotiated, and perhaps small projects can be assigned to the team (and they can work another job to cater the cost of living).