A Russian faction supposed to be an OPFOR army is under 'OPFOR', 'Russia'. Doesn't get much easier than that really. The only reason you alone can't find them is because you have '20.000' other Russian mods with supposedly all the same name or something. My earlier suggestion was to help make your comment more constructive, I'm OK with how things are right now in the editor.

Howdy!

Many thanks for releasing these beauties! I am already making a mission with them. which made me think: although Russia isn't part of CSAT, they are close friends so I thought they might share knolewdge and hardware. I was making a  Spetznaz unit that depicts Arma3s vanilla CSAT units in a way (as in they look similar, but the mission takes places a few years ahead of A3 timeline). using the "Assasin" helmet, which is available only in black. Maybe you could reskin it to atleast a simple green? (please don't see this as a demand, just a question)

And as dumb as it sounds an armored Gorka too(like a normal Gorka with a Kevlar vest worn beneath it, so no CSAT retex you know?) so that it would look like CSAT was inspired to model their Taskforce Griffith after Russian Spetznaz. Oh, and finally, I gotta admit that the AK12 needs tuning. the sounds are not that cool, maybe ask Jarhead for something that would fit vanilla but still be okay, and a redesign to the most current model would be nice. Also adding this "variying muzzle flash thing" that Arma3 finally allows :D(I know I'm a dick for asking such stuff :( ). Also if I am not mistaken, the magazine you have on these rifles are the 60rnd ones, am I right? If so, could you adjust the capacity to reflect the real one? A final thought: give the AKs unique sights, the russians made quite a few that fit on ris. Sudden made some for his pack...maybe he would even let you use some of his weapons?

Guys, many many thanks for this pack! it is the Eurpoean theatre Opfor we need. Many thanks for making them '35!!!!

Hello there,

I'm having this error when I try to join server with this mod

Wrong signature for file C:\Users\Oliver\Documents\Arma 3\@fictional_2035_RUAF\addons\min_rf_data.pbo 

snip

Thank you. :)

We'll definitely look into the sounds and things you've mentioned.

Hello there,

I'm having this error when I try to join server with this mod

Wrong signature for file C:\Users\Oliver\Documents\Arma 3\@fictional_2035_RUAF\addons\min_rf_data.pbo

Wrong signature? That is kinda strange, since it worked for me when I tested it. :huh:

Have you tried redownloading and reinstalling the entire archive? Does anyone else have this problem?

Hallo, i only use the mode local and  have checked my steam installaton .i enabled the signature check at arma3syn and got also an error during the start of the mod. i have noticed  that the creation date is wrong for the key file . the key was not updated after the last mode update on 26th of november.  the creation date for the  key was older than the creation date of the other files . After steam deinstallation and new installation and copy of the key i have got the same error message. the key has the correct date for te new installation now  . Regard

I have spent a lot of time looking for a good AK-12 or tactical AK mod for ArmA 3. This looks really good and certainly has a lot of potential. The only thing that keeps me personally from using the weapons in this mod all the time, are the very weak sounds. The type of sound is open for debate and everybody has a different preference, but its not just that the sound is not that good for my personal taste, it would be a lot better if it where actually loud. I think adding some more volume to it would be a big improvement already. Are there any plans to update this or is there a sound mod that provides replacement sounds that is endorsed by the creators?

Anyway :

Keep up the good work. Im keeping an eye on this one.

I have spent a lot of time looking for a good AK-12 or tactical AK mod for ArmA 3. This looks really good and certainly has a lot of potential. The only thing that keeps me personally from using the weapons in this mod all the time, are the very weak sounds. The type of sound is open for debate and everybody has a different preference, but its not just that the sound is not that good for my personal taste, it would be a lot better if it where actually loud. I think adding some more volume to it would be a big improvement already. Are there any plans to update this or is there a sound mod that provides replacement sounds that is endorsed by the creators?

Anyway :

Keep up the good work. Im keeping an eye on this one.

Heya, there is no sound replacement mod to my knowledge. I suppose we are not that well known or relevant yet for that, heh. :P

(We would definitely endorse mods or replacements like that, though.)

That being said, I apologize for the lack of communication with ya'll and updates. Rest assured, I am keeping track of all the concerns, suggestions and issues. Me and Mindas are, however, on a little break after the last version at least until February or so. Maybe even sooner. Or later. Can't say!

But after that when we're back, we'll see what we can do. We're not abandoning this baby. ;)

And Happy New Year to you all! Or at least to those living in Europe. :)

• Like 2

Hi, I also posted on steam workshop but wasn't sure which you check, I just recently downloaded this mod and I noticed that none of the vests or helmets have ballistic protection or explosive resistence on them. I don't know how difficult that would be to fix but it seems important to me that the assets actaully protect the wearer.

Looks awesome, the texture detail is A1.

Are there plans on updating this for the 1.54 armor tweaks?

Indeed, it would be great to see these updated to the 1.54 personal protective equipment system :)

It would also be super great if you could make it so that your equipment items show your mod's icon next to them in the arsenal.

There's a description on how that works here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185275-how-to-have-custom-icons-for-items-in-the-arsenal/?p=2921960

Since all of these changes are config only (which is about the only part of modding I'm actually capable of doing  ;)) I'd be happy to give a hand.

EDIT: Another thing I just noticed is that the gun sounds don't seem to have the new "sound tails" (e.g. cool indoor effects). Given access to fitting sounds (either from vanilla or from HLC AK's) this should be a mostly config-only thing, too :)

Is it possible to add dlc icons to your pack so that we can see where some of the content is, if I run alot of mods it seams to get missed with the rest and makes it harder to find

New update is live. Links on the first page are updated. :)

Version 1.05 (25-04-16)
- Compatibility with the new enhancements introduced in 1.54 and 1.56 patches.
- New Ballistic vest/Chest rig.
- New Combat belt.
- Infantry uniforms changed from Gorka to TTSKO in Digital Flora camo.
- New textures for the Tactical Goggles.
- New weapon sounds.

- Edited armor protection values in accordance to those introduced in 1.54 patch.
- Edited/tweaked weapon values.
- Small texture and config tweaks.

Some pictures showcasing the new content:
7pASKM9.jpg goorsGU.jpg

• Like 8

Good update. I don't know if you noticed that your SVD-12 magazine is too big for 7.62mm, it looks like it's for 12.7mm. It's even bigger than RPK-12 magazine.

Indeed, it would be great to see these updated to the 1.54 personal protective equipment system :)

It would also be super great if you could make it so that your equipment items show your mod's icon next to them in the arsenal.

There's a description on how that works here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185275-how-to-have-custom-icons-for-items-in-the-arsenal/?p=2921960

Since all of these changes are config only (which is about the only part of modding I'm actually capable of doing  ;)) I'd be happy to give a hand.

EDIT: Another thing I just noticed is that the gun sounds don't seem to have the new "sound tails" (e.g. cool indoor effects). Given access to fitting sounds (either from vanilla or from HLC AK's) this should be a mostly config-only thing, too :)

Is it possible to add dlc icons to your pack so that we can see where some of the content is, if I run alot of mods it seams to get missed with the rest and makes it harder to find

Sorry for the late response! Well, the armor and sound problems seem to be tackled for now. As for the icons, why not. We'll look into that.

And thanks for the link. It'll be helpful. :)

• Like 2

Good addon.

I just did not like the texture, too clean, "factory".

For myself, I improved a little bit texture as I see it. Maybe it will inspire the developers.

fbD7pGm.jpg

9n7a0bx.jpg

sz0AkXv.jpg

Developers of addon I wish success and continue to delight us with their work.

Edited by MODUL
download link removed - until permission confirmed
  • Like 3

Good addon.
I just did not like the texture, too clean, "factory".
For myself, I improved a little bit texture as I see it.

Anyone can freely use my vision of this addon.
Only *.paa files, need to be replaced manually.

Developers of original addon I wish success and continue to delight us with their work.

A few screenshots of what you are downloading:

Ive removed your download link, as i would like to check have you actually asked permission?

Ive removed your download link, as i would like to check have you actually asked permission?

The answer to question emphasized.

==========================

5. MODDER'S RESOURCE INFO

==========================

- Retextures are okay. Feel free releasing those without asking (HiddenSelections are enabled for both uniforms and weapons).

- Same goes for using the mod as a requirement for another.

- Please ask our permission before releasing mods that alter or are based on the assets of this mod (models etc.)

I can see that, but the author has stated that retextures are only to be done via hiddenselections. Which means you need to create a new config file etc and then reference the mod and make your own submod to use your new textures. Unpacking and adding your own textures is not acceptable. 

I can see that, but the author has stated that retextures are only to be done via hiddenselections. Which means you need to create a new config file etc and then reference the mod and make your own submod to use your new textures. Unpacking and adding your own textures is not acceptable. 

Well, I understand you. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Great mod, but somewhere along the line there was an engine update that caused all vehicles to revert to the original CSAT camo. It'd be great if it could be fixed.

BTW, any plans for a Russian Xian? :)