Sign in to follow this  
RozekPoland

Proxy driver/cargo - action relation

Is there any relation between model proxies for driver/cargo and driveraction and cargoaction in config.cpp?
Is it necessary to name a proxy for a driver (or cargo) the same like an animation that will be used for this proxy?

For example, vanilla 5t-truck (truck5t.p3d) has proxies like:

• proxy:5tdriver.01
  • proxy:5tcodriver.01
  • proxy:5tcodriver.02
  • proxy:cargo.03
  • etc...

The setting in config.cpp of class Truck5t:Truck is:

• driverAction="ManActTruck5tDriver"
  • cargoAction[]={"ManActTruck5tCoDriver","ManActTruck5tCoDriver","ManActCargo"}

That all seems fine, however, I have noticed that some addons use general proxies like:

• proxy:driver.01 for ManActTruck5tDriver or ManActUralDriver
  • proxy:cargo.01 for ManActTruck5tCoDriver or ManActUralCoDriver

These addons seem to work fine.

My question is: is it correct and can such naming be regulary used for models?

To my knowledge, it's perfectly fine to use standard proxy naming (driver.01, cargo.01 etc) and define their proxy action in the config.cpp. You can even create your own animation by using the cfgvehicleaction class.

The particular proxy naming (5tdriver.01 etc) is useful when there is a p3d proxy available in the data3d folder (which allows you to actually see the animated model in Bulldozer, instead of an empty proxy, very handy to correctly positionning it on the p3d model).

• Like 1

Thank you Professor for the explanation :)

I have never seen models like 5tdriver.p3d or uraldriver.p3d in the original data3d.pbo. Is there any filebank with these models?

Thank you Professor for the explanation :)I have never seen models like 5tdriver.p3d or uraldriver.p3d in the original data3d.pbo. Is there any filebank with these models?

Not all proxies are available, no clue why. I suppose they where removed from the data3d because they are not needed for the game itself...

So how do the addonmakers deal with it? Is there any trick that allows for easy implementation of driver/cargo models to see them in Buldozer?

So how do the addonmakers deal with it? Is there any trick that allows for easy implementation of driver/cargo models to see them in Buldozer?

For my part, try and miss. I have no clue how i can create a human p3d playing a given animation as a proxy.

So to put it in few words. The specific names for driver and/or codriver proxies like proxy:5tdriver.01 and proxy:5tcodriver.01 are useless as they were created and used by the developers while the game development process but models for these specific proxies were never released? The addonmakers tend to use these specific proxy names anyway as they learn and create their content basing on the original content that uses these specific proxies?

I'm not sure if it's what you mean. But it's possible to view any model in place of the default proxies, in buldozer. Modders have used it many times. It's especially handy for correct placement of a particular model. For example, missiles on a rack.

So in buldozer, instead of say "proxy:a10pilot.001", I would temporarily change that to "proxy:\YourPBO\YourP3d". Then I would place the proxy itself until I'm happy with it. Then I usually switch back to the default and save. That's one way of dealing with custom objects and characters in buldozer. Obviously the p3d would have to be suitable. Like a pilot in the seated position.

• Like 1