As a former 14J its good to see Patriots as part of the ADA arsenal. Can't wait for this weekend.

I just cleared what appears to be the last error out of the RPT.  Now all I must do is one final test fire of each of the SAM's and AAA batteries to ensure no popups when they are used.  Then test destruction to ensure no popup errors.  THEN we'll be done.  :)  I am adding a dependency... the camo nets are being used extensively for the sites, and I'll be updating those as well w/ the new nets I made today specifically for the sites.

I also need to update the documentation w/ the new unit class names.

Is that an AN-MPQ A1 I see up front in one of the pics? 

I don't know what "AN-MPQ A1" means?  Check out the Guide... this is the v3 version, however content will be mostly the same.  You'll see there are AN-MPQ-64 and AN-MPQ-53 West radars:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!22139&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

The Guide describes all the coolness that this mod features, so everyone should have a good understanding of the features and systems.

• Like 3

Fantastic work, man! Can't wait to see these in my community missions!

Of course, us, the consumers, would love to see this as fast as possible, but a proper work / life / hobby balance must be kept at all times ;)

Im literally sitting in front of my monitor the whole day waiting :D

"incoming = this addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", {_this execVM "\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingGroup.sqf"}];"

My god! Working C-RAM? I have a list of USAF mod missiles and ordinance if you would like?

Aircraft now have fear.

"Engagement Distances: The SAM site crew will engage targets beyond visual range (BVR) out to 20-30km in the game... YES, 20-30km!"

"NASAMS utilizes the AN/MPQ-64 radar system. 64 Engagement Radar - pook_ANMPQ64" (AN-MPQ-64-A1 is the new version//Doesn't look much different)

I worked with Avengers and C-RAM also. Cup has a nice Avenger model. 

I am waiting too.. :D  don't get jumpy guys.  

The guide is a great read. 

Hope this will be placeble with Zeus interface too?

Much needed there....

Will there be a Command Vehicle ,too?  Some sort of a Radar Screen is needed.Magic radar is useless,I think.

"incoming = this addEventHandler ["incomingMissile", {_this execVM "\pook_SAM\scripts\incomingGroup.sqf"}];"

My god! Working C-RAM? I have a list of USAF mod missiles and ordinance if you would like?

Yep, and enemy SHORAD assets do their thing same as C-RAM.  C-RAM technically doesn't work vs. mortor/rocket/arty as the name implies... only incoming AGM's and likely not any of the A3 stuff.  Yet.  Much depends on missilebox importation.

I also need to make a showcase mission to display all the stuff... will likely do that tomorrow.

• Like 1

I would love to look at that CRAM code and see if I can't expand it.

Question - how do I add tags to the thread?  I can't find how to do that once the thread is started.  I realized how difficult it is to track this thread down after the fact... the word "SAM" is a difficult search item :)

a progress report and semi-tease... my progress so far... just over halfway through the list of things to fix...

• FIX: no entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles.pook_SA10_spawnerW'
  • FIX: no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/pook_SA2_Decoy.side'
  • FIX: MAZ 7910 truck faction entries and cargo scripts
  • FIX: ChDKZ SA-2 SAM site spawn errors
  • FIX: Site cleanup script reliance upon now-deprecated BIS “HeliHEmpty†marker
  • FIX: Syntax error for incomingRWR.sqf documentation
  • FIX: Adding missing components to the geometry LODs of 5P85 (SA-10) launch vehicles
  • FIX: S60 gunner “die†animations
  • FIX: SA-11 / SA-17 missile flame effects
  • FIX: Removed duplicate targeting data from SA-10, SA-20, NASANS, MIM-104 scripts
  • FIX: Corrected ZU-23 magazine capacity to simulate real world values of 40 round belts
  • FIX: Corrected ZSU-23-4 magazine capacity to simulate real world values of 200 rounds (4x 50rnd belts)
  • FIX: Visual errors on generator support unit model
  • FIX: SA-20 SHORAD spawn state (_aaa variable error)
  • FIX: AAA proximity fuses now engage at target’s altitude instead of a fixed height
  • FIX: Correct penetration RVMAT on all surfaces
  • FIX: Indirect damage impact for missiles
  • FIX: 2S6 (SA-19) 3D model errors
  • IMPROVED: Chaged ‘DefaultEventHandlers’ references to ‘EventHandlers’ to address mod cross-compatibility issues
  • IMPROVED: Optimization of missile effects scripts to address potential lag issues
  • IMPROVED: SA22 engagement values to favor cannon at shorter ranges
  • IMPROVED: ZSU-23-4-M4 engagement values to favor cannon at shorter ranges
  • IMPROVED: Shell ejection drop behavior now ejects the spent shells with directional velocity
  • IMPROVED: Shell ejection effects for cannons and AAA artillery
  • IMPROVED: KS-12 and KS-19 recoil effects
  • IMPROVED: Increased brightness on tracer effects
  • IMPROVED: AAA Airburst visual effects, audio effects, and damage values
  • NEW: Reorganized vehicle classes with new “SHORAD†category.  SHORAD vehicles possess counter-missile capabilities.
  • NEW: PhysX properties now applied to vehicles:

• ZSU-23-4 (Shilka)
  • SON-9
  • PUAZO 6/60
  • PU-12
  • SA-22
  • CRAM
  • NASAMS
  • 2S6 (SA-19)
  • 9K331 (SA-15)
  • 9K332 (SA-15)
  • 76N6 tower
  • 96L6 tower
  • SA3 family
  • SA2 family
  • AAA Artillery

• NEW: Kh-25MP (AS-12) anti-radiation missile for Soviet-heritage loadouts
  • NEW: New missile exhaust smoke plume effects on static launchers for SA-2, SA-3, MIM-104, SA-10, SA-20, NASAMs static
  • NEW: New missile exhaust smoke effects on mobile launchers for NASAMS mobile, SA-11, SA-17, SA-15, SA-19, SA-22, MEADS
  • NEW: Config changes for Zeus and Arsenal compatibility (I hope)
  • NEW: Muddy reddish-textured ramparts
  • NEW: MIM-23 HAWK SAM system, supporting radar, and control vehicles
  • KNOWN ISSUE: Soldiers yelling "out of ammo" when disembarking vehicles even when they have a full complement of ammo
  • KNOWN ISSUE: Soldiers reporting "out of fuel" on some vehicles due to scripting solutions that were required for the stationary launchers to work properly.  These reports can be ignored... just chatty AI.
  • KNOWN ISSUE:  ZU-23-4 (Shilka) M4 model doesn't expel smoke rounds.  This is intrinsic to the Shilka model and is being researched

Great to get this Zeus compatible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question - how do I add tags to the thread?  I can't find how to do that once the thread is started.  I realized how difficult it is to track this thread down after the fact... the word "SAM" is a difficult search item :)

Ive added two for you, but if you would like to add more. Go to your first post of the thread and then use the full editor to edit the post. 

Ah OK "full editor".  Didn't try that yet :)  Thx

All in all it is a great the SAM pack still one of the best and greatest additions to Arma3, my opinion , however still needs lot of improvement as all know also, a great modification would be changing the  AAA weapons by giving them more range!!! bullets don't go more than like 200 meters while they are supposed to hit at least helicopters, or reach a certain acceptable "arcade" gaming range....what prevents this?  thanks in advance. 

Eh ? We've had new windows cut into our choppers from like 3 km... something isn't right with your testing?