Sign in to follow this  
SparkZ

Update windows server?

Hello, my friend made a dedicated windows server a while ago, but it needs an update in order to be functional again. But the problem is we don't know how. There's a guide https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Serverhere that explains how to update with a Linux server, but doesn't show how to update with a windows server. I see it's work in progress but isn't that kinda priority to have it there too? There are not only linux servers around..:/

Anyone knows how to update? I would highly appreciate it.

I use steamcmd to do my A3 updates, grab the windows version and then make a new .bat file, enter the following but change the username and password to your steam account, also change the path, otherwise a new folder called steamcmd will be made in the root of your C drive

@echo off
echo This Will Install Stable Arma3
steamcmd +login "USER" "PASS" +force_install_dir C:\steamcmd +app_update 233780 validate +quit
echo ----------------------------------------
echo Download Compleate
echo ----------------------------------------
pause

Then double click or right click and run as admin, watch the windown and wait for it to complete, then copy all the files over your existing installation.

Hmm, the server got updated, but we still can't find the server when searching for it. TADST says it's working and all but the server still doesn't appear in the list. It worked before. We played on it before, but after an Arma 3 update the server broke. We don't know what to do :/

Can you connect remotely ? what does your RPT log show ? do you have the game window showing it's running ?

The console is showing that it's running. There's no error on the RPT, we just can't find the IP remotely and by searching.

He says the ports are opened, that's what he needed to do to even be able to open the server :o

If you can't connect remotely then the ports are closed, stopping you connecting.