Sign in to follow this  
colddna

Clutter issues are killing my brain

I pack from the dna folder

Alright never mind. I only ask because sometimes problems with layers can come from this. A lot of tutorials will tell you to make an author folder and then include all of your projects within it. I found this to break all of the maps layers after packing a project folder from within an author folder. For example I pack from P:\mef_alaska , but first tried P:\mef\mef_alaska. The layer generation process will create your layers with directories that include the author folder so when you try and pack the project and load it into the game the layers will be broken because the directory to the layers is looking for the author folder. This shouldn't be a problem for you now, but in the future do not expect to be able to put all your projects in one folder on P drive.

Ah okay I will try to pack from the oahu folder and see if it makes a difference, and shit you never know it may be it and I'll change my layers to the tag format but I'll try the packing from oahu, wish I had a computer at work that can do it all I can do is retype my configurations and then put on a thumb drive go home and test, and once I get home in like 5 Hours I'll test it and resend my compiled configuration so hopefully it works then I can move on. TB just bending over the public and sticking it to them with no lube, the public just taking it and saying I wish there was an easier way

No do not pack from the oahu folder. What I said is the way you have it is correct, but your next project should be a standalone folder like the dna folder instead of being inside of it (if that is what you planned to do). If you packed from the oahu folder then all of your layers would break because they are written to include the dna folder. This really is not related to your issue at all I was just giving you some advice based on an observation I made. The next thing you should test is changing your surface names to match the layer class names like I said a few posts ago. That might do the trick.