autigergrad

[ALiVE, COOP, MP, SP] Royal Marines Kunduz

ROYAL MARINES KUNDUZ

In a joint operation with the local Afghan Military, Her Majesty's Royal Marines are tasked with destroying the Taliban strongholds in the Kunduz region. Be on the lookout for ambushes, IEDs, suicide bombers, and dynamic hit and run attacks by the Taliban forces. This is designed to be a COOP MP mission but it can be enjoyed on SP as well. As with all of my missions, I use the full ALiVE suite of features, so there are no single player saves. I do provide the mission folder for download for groups who wish to host the mission on a dedicated server. I HIGHLY recommend getting an ALiVE War Room account as this mission is set up for persistent play over multiple sessions using the War Room. (For more information go to alivemod.com] I hope you enjoy it. . I appreciate all feedback. 

MODs needed and direct link to PBO for dedicated servers can be found on the Steam Page listed above.  I hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

Loving this so far!! Going into rotation for our group.

Edit : Weird... the second issue seemed to be a one-off issue.. works fine now lol

Two things, have you considered arty support? Would be nice to have.. of course we can add it ourselves.

And second, all the jeeps by default have an AI in them.. had to pop the dude to get him out of my turret, and they all had one in it lol 

Loving this so far!! Going into rotation for our group.

Edit : Weird... the second issue seemed to be a one-off issue.. works fine now lol

Two things, have you considered arty support? Would be nice to have.. of course we can add it ourselves.

And second, all the jeeps by default have an AI in them.. had to pop the dude to get him out of my turret, and they all had one in it lol 

Glad you like it!

I kept the Artillery Support out as I didn't want the player side to be too overpowered (already have a Close Air Support Attack Chopper and Helo Transport).  

Yes, the AI will jump into a gun position every once in a while.  lol   Not an all the time thing.

Glad you like it!

I kept the Artillery Support out as I didn't want the player side to be too overpowered (already have a Close Air Support Attack Chopper and Helo Transport).  

Yes, the AI will jump into a gun position every once in a while.  lol   Not an all the time thing.

Awh.. but arty support is fun haha, especially in this local, bombing a city.

Whats the point of arresting civvies? I try and talk but they never talk to me 

P.S Sorry for double posting, i didnt know if you'd reply faster here or on Steam lol 

I'm still not familiar with Alive's system. Do I generate tasks based on intel or does the system provide tasks for me?

Awh.. but arty support is fun haha, especially in this local, bombing a city.

Whats the point of arresting civvies? I try and talk but they never talk to me 

P.S Sorry for double posting, i didnt know if you'd reply faster here or on Steam lol 

Talking to Civilians does a few things....

1. If you talk to the town elders, etc. you have a chance of decreasing hostility in the region towards your forces...which in turn...decreases the recruits that the Taliban have to send against you.

2. There is a chance that the Civs will give you intel (i.e. you'll see Taliban installations pop up on your map for you to destroy).  This is vital in locating and destroying the major areas of Taliban activity.

If the population is hostile towards you, it's harder to get them to talk to you.

Also..be careful of Civs who run to you....they could be a suicide bomber.

I'm still not familiar with Alive's system. Do I generate tasks based on intel or does the system provide tasks for me?

ALiVE Insurgencies, unlike standard ALiVE "traditional" military operations, are more organic than that.

Tasks are not autogenerated.  It's up to you and your unit to question the local populace, gather intel, and find the location of the Taliban strongholds.  Once you establish the location of Insurgent installations...IED factories, weapons caches, etc....you'll need to blow them up with explosives to hurt the Taliban war effort.

It's actually pretty awesome.  You can observe a town and notice that several Civs are going into a building...then suddenly...a guy with an AK 47 peeks out of the building...tipping you off that it may be a recruitment HQ.

Main things to remember are....

1. Patrol, Patrol, Patrol....go to each small village, town and talk to everyone.  Some will talk...some wont. But if you find a helpful Civ who will let you Gather Intel...it can pay off in a big way. 

2. Be on guard always.  IEDs are everywhere.  Suicide bombers can be around any corner, and a passing truck or van could have Taliban fighters pop out for a hit and run attack on your troops!

3. Once you locate an installation, get some things that go "Boom!" and blow it sky high!

Here is an example of my unit finding a Taliban Weapons Cache....

109721d1445572039-arma-3-os-combat-unit-

Do you think you could perhaps give me a heads up on using ALiVE on a dedicated? This is my first time, after playing this locally to get a feel if our group would like it.

Does the server need both @ALiVE and @aliveserver enabled?

I assume alive server isn't needed client side, but alive is? 

Do you think you could perhaps give me a heads up on using ALiVE on a dedicated? This is my first time, after playing this locally to get a feel if our group would like it.

Does the server need both @ALiVE and @aliveserver enabled?

I assume alive server isn't needed client side, but alive is? 

I use TADST (creates Dedi on the same machine as I'm playing on)

Yes, you'll need Alive Server and Alive on the Dedi, only need ALiVE Client side.

Once you set up a Dedi, go to the ALiVE War Room and sign up.  When you do so, you'll then be able to save all of your mission data persistently in the War Room and you can pick up where you left off at anytime.  It also does a great job of tracking kills, shots fired, etc.

http://alivemod.com/war-room

I use TADST (creates Dedi on the same machine as I'm playing on)

Yes, you'll need Alive Server and Alive on the Dedi, only need ALiVE Client side.

Once you set up a Dedi, go to the ALiVE War Room and sign up.  When you do so, you'll then be able to save all of your mission data persistently in the War Room and you can pick up where you left off at anytime.  It also does a great job of tracking kills, shots fired, etc.

http://alivemod.com/war-room

Its saying we need @aliveserver or we cant join, any suggestions? 

we discovered an IED building, blew it up by the IED tables and stuff remained, does this classify as successful or? I know we have much more to do but we werent 100% sure if that worked. 

we discovered an IED building, blew it up by the IED tables and stuff remained, does this classify as successful or? I know we have much more to do but we werent 100% sure if that worked.

Yes, as long as the building is destroyed, you're good to go.

Yes, as long as the building is destroyed, you're good to go.

Awesome! Seriously loving this so far. IMO your best one yet.. I've tried most of them :P 

Edit: Think I may have a fix .. 

Alright, sorry to be the bearer of bad news / annoying posts lol.

When trying to exit and save this mission FUBAR'd pretty hard..

It keeps spamming my files with "ALiVE OPCOM Waiting for Virtual AI System..."

Now before I came and said something I tried other ALiVE missions which saved and loaded just fine. This one just hung on the loading screen, I know sometimes it can take awhile so I left it forever, came back, was out of the game and now I'm constantly getting that. 

Alright, sorry to be the bearer of bad news / annoying posts lol.

When trying to exit and save this mission FUBAR'd pretty hard..

It keeps spamming my files with "ALiVE OPCOM Waiting for Virtual AI System..."

Now before I came and said something I tried other ALiVE missions which saved and loaded just fine. This one just hung on the loading screen, I know sometimes it can take awhile so I left it forever, came back, was out of the game and now I'm constantly getting that.

Are you talking about the tablet? It's supposed to bring that up. It saves each module for persistence. Hit server save and exit and the alive system will go through each cycle (virtual AI, opcom, cqb, logistics, etc). This can take several minutes depending on how many profiles, installations are on the map.

I just tested and it worked fine for me saving and exiting.

Are you talking about the tablet? It's supposed to bring that up. It saves each module for persistence. Hit server save and exit and the alive system will go through each cycle (virtual AI, opcom, cqb, logistics, etc). This can take several minutes depending on how many profiles, installations are on the map.

I just tested and it worked fine for me saving and exiting.

There was an issue with our game where the save was corrupted and upon trying to reload it was hanging.. wiping everything out and using a fresh mission it seems it was just a odd one-off issue.

We're having an issue of vehicles not saving but according to an AliVE post as recently as yesterday it might be a plugin issue. I doubt everyone has this issue but it seems to have effected us. One of the trucks was gone from base, but not at its last location.

Also, whenever someone disconnects if AI is off, their player slot is 100% gone.. any fix for this? Never had that one lol assume its a mission setting or something.  

Great to see the British kit getting used.

I did post on the Armaholic link.. but just incase

In your staticdata.sqf replace line 102

[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "BLU_F", ["UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Merlin_RAF_ZJ124","UK3CB_BAF_Wildcat_Transport_RN_ZZ396"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

with

[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "UK3CB_BAF_Faction_Navy_MTP", ["UK3CB_BAF_Wildcat_Transport_RN_ZZ396","UK3CB_BAF_Merlin_RAF_ZJ124"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

You need the Faction to match the Royal Marines NOT BluFor Nato.

Hope it helps

SJ

Also, whenever someone disconnects if AI is off, their player slot is 100% gone.. any fix for this? Never had that one lol assume its a mission setting or something.  

Had 2 of our group disconnect the other night and were able to join back fine so I'm not sure.

Great to see the British kit getting used.

I did post on the Armaholic link.. but just incase

In your staticdata.sqf replace line 102

[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "BLU_F", ["UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Merlin_RAF_ZJ124","UK3CB_BAF_Wildcat_Transport_RN_ZZ396"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

with

[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "UK3CB_BAF_Faction_Navy_MTP", ["UK3CB_BAF_Wildcat_Transport_RN_ZZ396","UK3CB_BAF_Merlin_RAF_ZJ124"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

You need the Faction to match the Royal Marines NOT BluFor Nato.

Hope it helps

SJ

I set it up under side specific, which it defaults to if no faction specific is made.  Works great for us.  Thanks again for the great units.

Pretty big update today on this mission.

I added Spyderblack's new outstanding Insurgency Civ Interaction script.

Pics are included on the Steam Mission Page showing it's functionality.  Civs will open dialogue with you telling you how they feel about your forces in the area, where they live, possible Insurgent activity, and IED locations.

I'll also be updating British Steel with the same script shortly.

I hope to have the new dedi mission file up by tomorrow for both as well.

Awsome mission, I have been using a version of this for my community and its great.

Definitely one of my all-time favorites.

Check this other one he made out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561235833

It's in the forums here too but just incase you weren't aware, here you go.

I have played this with some of my friends. We are all first-timers with ALiVE and ace but when we got the hang of it the mission seemed to be acting up. I mean as in all our ai troups were gone the 4 basic vehicles weren't spawning rebels spawning in our base and ahving IED factories in out baracks and checkpoints outside our gate. I tried editing the mission but it breaks when I open it in EDEN editor :| Any idea why this is happening?

The reason the mission won't open in the editor is the same reason you're having problems.

Royal Marines Kunduz was made with an older version of ALiVE, with a faction mod that doesn't exist anymore (Leight's OPFOR), using units that have totally different classnames for ammo and objects now (3CB), on a map that doesn't even work properly with ALiVE at the moment (it needs to be reindexed).

This mission would need a major overhaul to begin functioning again, and even then you'd need someone to familiar with ALiVE's indexing tools to give Kunduz the once over.

I suggest trying some of his other missions out. They're all great. British Steel is amazing and has been updated very recently (the link in I my signature). He also has Border Patrol and Thor's Hammer and several others that will work fine and that you'll love.

I also have a few in the forums here that are made in a similar vein.

Anyway, I know AuTigerGrad has the desire to fix this mission up but you'll need to be patient until some of these things get addressed.

• Like 1