Sign in to follow this  
freegoon

Audio Crackling

Hello!
While playing Arma 3 I noticed strange crackling/popping noises in the menu and in-game when there were a lot of background sounds around (e.g. driving a car offroad). I found a video of someone else on YouTube who had the same issue:
Arma 3- Crackling and Popping Audio - YouTube

​I originally thought that this was related to some driver of mine causing dpc latency spikes. According to LatencyMon it indeed was. I updated all my drivers, my BIOS, changed power plan settings, and I even did a clean install of the OS and I still haven't gotten to the bottom of this. But just to make sure, I installed Arma 3 on a second pc and it had the same audio glitches (and latency Spikes). The only connection I could imagine would be Windows 10, which I installed on both machines. I am puzzled as to how this is even possible so my best guess is that it must be a compatibility problem. Is there anyone else here who is experiencing audio popping during gameplay and has Windows 10 installed?

Thanks for the help​

What audio devices/program/driver you use? Surround, is it virtual, stereo, what headphones/sets and so on?

Some very small crackling happens because of the transmission issues with PhysX but I guess you have bigger issue?

Thanks for the reply!

My audio drivers:

Nvidia High Definition Audio

Nvidia Virtual Audio Device ( deactivated/removed both of these before, didn't help)

Realtek High Definition Audio

Realtek Digital Output

I use analog 2.1 subwoofers. I also tried different speakers that had the same results.

What do you mean with very small crackling? This video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bbI9mKajMY

shows the crackling I noticed.