Sign in to follow this  
chrisb

Infinity Battlescape

I backed this early on. Now its on KS, take a look see what you think. The game/engine has been around a very long time, but the time seemed right for them to push the boat out. Realistic delivery date and it does look impressive, seamless, with seamless planetary landings etc. Which is what I like in particular, similar to Space Engineers in that respect.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309114309/infinity-battlescape

i disagree about the graphics... the lighting and planet surface and environment effects look very good. But the models and textures look janky, like a game from 2010 at best. example

If they keep the battlesystem they had in their (way back) combat alpha, i dont think i would enjoy it. It's basically "shoot at the dots that zip by in almost straight line, turn around and fly at them again" for fighters.

The graphics and the art style is actually one of things that appeal to me. Not only do I like the style but the level of fidelity may actually be friendly for hobby level modding. Modding for other recent space games are either 'out of bounds' or in the case of Star Citizen require too much work. Besides pretty isn't so important in a dog fight and Star Citizen doesn't do atmo' yet. And both Elite and Star Citizen have issues with their idea of Newtonian flight models which this game appears to have avoided.

Most of all I appreciate the game play premise, basically CTI over a whole solar system. Mind blowing compared to ArmA geography, yet intimate compared to Start Citizen or Elite.

I hope it does well

I'm really excited about this game. Its a long haul, as it has been already. But they have the foundation to a great space game. They just need to get a team working 'full time' on it. The new content they have just put out, is certainly showing the engine off well.