Sign in to follow this  
isuwupkhnk

What Mobile Phone do you Use?

I'm using a Motorola Moto G running Android 4.4.4 (KitKat). Thinking about buying a Windows Phone running Windows 10 Mobile.

What about you?

Why would you switch to windows mobile? What advantages does it have over android?

Iphone 5s, planning on switching to 6s at the end of the month due to contract renewal

Sony Ericsson Xperia Active. 3" screen, maybe only modern touch screen mobile that's enough small for me and fits in a pocket very well. Everyone always asks what is this phone because it's so small.

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_active-3998.php

This would be a dream phone if I could delete all the shit apps like Google Play and stuff that consumes so much memory that WhatsApp is like the only app that I can have in this. Modern phones come with so much useless stuff... Need to test if it's possible to delete all the not needed apps when I reset this in the factory settings in near future. 4 years served well, only needed to change battery once and I plan to keep this for a quite some time until I find similar phone.Too much memory (RAM and inner) needed nowadays because of all the stupid apps and shitty Google stuff.

Why would you switch to windows mobile? What advantages does it have over android?

Been using Lumia 920 since May '13 and seen the evolution of WP platform. First few month were frustrating, because WP was kinda poorly developed and lacking of many applications. Nowadays I have no reasons to complain. Everything works as it should be. WP is very stable (had only one crash ever since!), has simple and intuitive menus, works really fast and smooth and without any lags. It also a really safe platform, apps only come from WP store and no viruses at all.

Previously I had an occasion to work on Samsung Galaxy II. App abundance was OK then again phone was slow and crashing more often than Win98. Terrible user experience with Samsung. Dumped the phone on effect.  Back then I wanted a phone that is reliable, fast and simple. Didn't care about having root access. Also Google's totality was pissing me off (and still pisses me off as well). 

Regarding the L920. Really durable and solid built Nokia, little heavy but feels like a phone not a fragile plastic. Despite having two and half year of age works pretty well with recent update, optimized for cloud working with mobile office apps from MS which has helped me at work many times. Has a great camera with image stabilization, serves me well as navigation and sport activity tracker. 

Problem of too few apps is no more - WP store is bursting with apps, personally I found everything I wanted. Many iOS and Adroid apps are getting their WP translations as well. I going to stick to 920 a little longer, but around May 2016 will switch to Lumia 950 in XL variant perhaps. 

I once had a Galaxy S2, ditched it pretty fast because as you describe it really had its problems. Now I´m using a Galaxy S3 and its simply wonderfull. I will keep using this for a long time

User of chinese Zopo ZP100 for near 4 years already. Nice thing, especially with its price of about EUR100 at the time of buying.

After my LG Optimus One finally went to tech heaven this autumn I decided to get a Note 4,phablets rulz.Wanted to get a Note 5 but lack of sdcard and removable battery are big minuses for me.

Iphone 4S allready having that one since 2011 i think awesome phone

Iphone 5c - i just prefer to have a phone that works. I use to tinker/modify in android, but as i work in the I.T sector now i find i don't have the time to do that any more. 

I'm switching from a iphone 5s to a lumia 950 in a month. I never liked the look of android and I'm getting bored from iOS. Additionally, I'm working a lot with office and onedrive and I need to productivity + the new lumia is amazing. When I look at my energy usage on my iphone, 95% of the phones battery are consumed by Safari, Whatsapp, and outlook. So I won't miss anything on a windows phone.