mattaust

ArmA 3 Custom Buildings

hi i love your work but for some reason am having an issue entering the prison and police stations. i did the debug thing, maybe i did it wrong idk. anyway any plan to make it all enterable with out the need to use a debug command?

One thing I noticed with the 1.1 showroom was that the door to the offices does not open.  By the looks of your next release it will fix the other options I had to report. Thanks for a great pack that i'll be featuring on Kelley's Island at OrgoByte.com. If you need any other details send me a msg and I'd be glad to share. Thanks Matt!

The office door is actually checking for "copLevel" > 0, the same way the prisons and police department check.

I am going on a holiday break for the next 2 weeks so I decided to do a nice treat which could be an ArmA first.

-I have fixed a few issues with the showroom.

-Geometry issue with police station

-NEW- Seasonal/Christmas addition just for Christmas period on some buildings! 

Stay tuned I will give this update within the hour or 2.

Destruct models still need time so they will come in January sorry for the dissappointment haha. That's why I thought I'd atleast give something that I think people will love.

Cheers, Mattaust.

cant wait for the update to get rid of the xmas lights! :) loved that feature

Sorry I forgot to mention

UPDATE IS LIVE: V.1.3

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539126468

PATCH NOTES:

[MAJOR] - All Residential Buildings are now buyable and lockable using the tonic lock and buying script. [A tutorial will come for those that do not know how to add my buildings to the whitelist] 

[TWEAKED] - Geometry on Bank Reception to Allow Interactions; 
[TWEAKED] - Changed all Building Classes to "House_F"; 
[TWEAKED] - Raised Armor Level to Make Concrete Walls less Destructible. 
[TWEAKED] - Door 8/9 on Double Story had wrong condition, door can now be closed. 

[uPDATED] - Removed X-Mas decoration 
[uPDATED] - Change Post Office A to Scope Zero (the building was hidden from the editor and vehicle class list due to under construction) 
[uPDATED] - Changed Pub_A and Pub_C to Scope Two (you can now see these in the editor) 
[uPDATED] - Single Story and Double Story Residential Buildings Now Have a Lock Function on all doors. 
[uPDATED] - Pub_C (updated LODs) 
[uPDATED] - Police Station (updated LODs) 
[uPDATED] - Added wreck models to PBOs, but are a work in progress (not functional for now) 

[ADDED] - MM_objects.pbo (this contains iPhone 5, a set of car keys, and a sand pile plus more items) 
[ADDED AND UPDATED] - Prison fence (new LOD system, this fence is a chaintype fence - not concrete, and is fully released ready for use) - You cannot shoot through this fence as it was designed that way) 

I will add more to this list, expect the wreck models within 2 weeks after this update with fully working Path LODS for AI on all buildings. Once I have completed these 2 updates, I will be back studying/working fulltime.

Apart from that I am working on the Wreck Models still, I have been spending a bit of time on them to make them look interesting and something different to what BI does. (More damaged then bomb shelled). Next update V1.4 Will contain all the ruin models for all buildings and aswell as AI pathways for all buildings (sorry this is taking longer than usual, I just havent been able to spend as much time as I usually do on 3D Modelling).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this update.

Cheers, Mattaust.

• Like 3

Are map makers allergic to including new buildings or something? :o

Work In Progress Double Story House Wreck Model:

Hello @mattaust

I tried to use some of your awesome buildings, but there are so many errors in my RPT :/

Is there a way to fix that ?

(1 exemple : )

11:58:01 Strange convex component322 in a3\structures_f\research\dome_big_f.p3d:geometryFire
11:58:01 Strange convex component327 in a3\structures_f\research\dome_big_f.p3d:geometryFire
11:58:02 Strange convex component290 in mm_buildings\prison\proxy\mainsection.p3d:geometry
11:58:02 Strange convex component382 in mm_buildings\prison\proxy\mainsection.p3d:geometry
11:58:02 Strange convex component383 in mm_buildings\prison\proxy\mainsection.p3d:geometry
11:58:02 Strange convex component291 in mm_buildings\prison\proxy\mainsection.p3d:geometryFire
11:58:02 Strange convex component384 in mm_buildings\prison\proxy\mainsection.p3d:geometryFire
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\misc3.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 Strange convex component36 in mm_buildings\prison\proxy\roof.p3d:geometry
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\roof.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\rooftop.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\security.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\carparkheli.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\misc3.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\roof.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\rooftop.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\security.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\exercisefence.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:02 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\carparkfence.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:03 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\main2.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:03 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\roof.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:03 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\security.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:03 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\rooftop.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:03 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\misc3.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:58:03 mm_buildings\prison\proxy\glass.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

All of these are warnings, which can be ignored. I will rectify 99% of them for the next update. Some bad geometry that I will follow up as well as outdated config classes on proxies.

This is nothing to be worried about.

All of these are warnings, which can be ignored. I will rectify 99% of them for the next update. Some bad geometry that I will follow up as well as outdated config classes on proxies.

This is nothing to be worried about.

Ok thank you  :lol:

hey, this is an awesome mod and would love to use these buildings for a map im working on, however im not sure how to add them into terrain builder. ive tried unpacking it and doing various methods to get them to work in bulldozer but all i get is the white shell and not the textured building, does anyone know what im doing wrong?

somehow your police building is conflicting with the OPX police building,

i had it before with the australia map,  it showed the police building from OPX on the map, then i found a fix for the OPX buildings (i surely had missed it before :( ) and it solved the problem, but now with the updates of this pack,  the OPX police building is being overwritten by this packs police building and thus showing a modern police building in middle east maps :(  

Hey Mattaust if you can point me in a direction for a tutorial on building buildings i am willing to add some content. I have hundreds of buildings i have made for other games and art that could be brought into Arma for some much needed diversity. I just need a tute. I have looked all over but really havent found one. i am also working on a map (urban US)..Actually any of you guys that could help i would much appreciate it.

• Like 1

Thanks SO much for theese Buildings!!!

Been looking for "non vanilla" buildings for ages! :)

They are awesome!

Hello, mattaust. There is a problem with sliding doors in Police Station. Any ideas how to fix it?

Hello, mattaust. There is a problem with sliding doors in Police Station. Any ideas how to fix it?

I've got the same problem.

All sliding doors seem to be bugged.

The door opens (optical) but the physical objects moves with a huge delay: That means you can walk through the entrance but you have to wait for the physical wall to move (~30sec-2min)

It is my first time using your buildings and I love them, but this bug makes it nearly impossible to buildings like the police station, the car showroom or the bank.

It would be awesome if you could look into that, because I'm currently working on a new map/rework and I would like to use them ;)