Terramesa

Makana Island [WIP]

Makana Island, Crown Jewel and Capital of the Federated Islands of Oceania.

By Terramesa

Hello everyone,

Today I have announced I will start the design phase of the Island of Makana, aka this is still very WIP. Construction has started 28/12/2015. If anyone would be willing to help or may have some pointers to start me off, I would appreciate it.

This will be my first Terrain mod. The best mod to pair with this terrain would be my other mod "Oceania Defense Forces mod" previously known as 'Mountain DeAU Defence Forces Mod".

There will be WipEout references. 

STORY

Recently I was on a trip up the coast to the Gold Coast and Toowoomba and it inspired me to create a terrain which had similarities to northern NSW and southern QLD.

In 2015 (Armaverse storyline), the newly established government of Oceania passed a bill for the free creation of man made islands to combat the rising tides. As a result the first and the biggest island "Makana" was made.

Construction of the island began on 16th November 2017 and finished 9th June 2021. After the island was made, a brutal advertising campaign to bring tourists and permanent residents to the island while the construction of the cities and major towns were taking place. Nine years later, the population of Makana has reached 30,000 permanent residents (which is rising steadily) and accommodates around 15,000 tourists yearly. Tourists usually stay in or in close proximity to the two major cities; Bandar Besar and Goteki.

DETAILS

Makana Island is a 625km2 terrain consisting of the main island, south west island (San Miguel), North east Island (Mitchell Island) and a small cluster of islands (Holden Island, Campbell Island, Bushranger Island and Laurie Island) to the East South East.

Makana Island has two large cities and seven towns ranging from medium to small.

Makana Island has a great mountain range spanning from the North of the island to the south.

The island has various military installations spread across the main island and smaller islands, With the DoD HQ in Bandar Besar and a big tri-service base in the west.

The island is relatively flat around the edges with lots of farmland and forests.

The island has one international airport, three other CIV airports and one military airfield.

The Island has various dams, lakes, rivers and creeks.

The Island has lots of main roads, a massive highway spanning the whole island and tons of light roads.

SOURCE IMAGES  

http://imgur.com/a/GmQiL

TERRAIN IMAGES

VCkS1pIl.jpg

• Like 1

Updates? ok. Having a bit of a hiatus from Arma modding as a whole at this point in time. Mostly because of work and enjoying the holidays/ vacation period before school goes back. I was working on my other mod (ODF Mod) consistently from May 2015 to December 25 2015, so I decided to have a little break. I have made a very crude sat image in GIMP for Makana, mostly as a placeholder until I can get back in to modding most of the time. If you guys want, I can upload the (very crude and by no-means final) sat image.

P.S. I only go on the BI Forums every 3-4 days now, so if you send me a message, I'm not ignoring you, I just haven't been on lately. 

• Like 1

Small update, mostly a PSA for what it's worth. I am currently looking for someone to help me out with this mod, mainly to get it out and in the community faster and to co-develop it. I just won't have that much time this year to dedicate to modding and this project may be in a very long hibernation state until the last quarter of 2017 without and extra pair of hands (or more, idk). So if you are interested in helping, PM me. Otherwise you may have to wait for a while.