Sign in to follow this  
pardus

model.cfg "cannot have externs , rapify failed"

Hi,

When I tried to binarize my (some) addons, pboProject(by Mikero) showed an error: "model.cfg cannot have externs , rapify failed". There is no an error massage in outputs. My model.cfg s are from the Arma Licensed Data Packs.

Then I tried to binarize with Addon Builder(A3 Tools), it was binarized. But in game, somethings about model.cfg were not ok(glasses were not transparent, rotor blurs were completely black...). When I look them in the Buldozer, every parts are ok.

Then I tried to binarize some other files. One of them was ok. It was binarized by pboProject and Addon Builder with no error (ingame included).

I used these files before and there was no problem. I sent my file to my friend, he tried it. It was ok(no error with addon builder or ingame). So the source of problem is about my PC or tools.

I am using new OS(W10) and some programs(like ESET Nod32 AV, Comodo Firewall). Before this problem, I was using W8.1 and some other programs(like Avira AV, Comodo Firewall). Maybe it's about my new system. Some security programs can cause this error. I checked them but I can't see any problem about them.

My A3 and A3 Tools are stable versions. I tried beta tools. There was no a change.

Any diagnosis, advice?...

The latest versions of PBOProject (part of Mikero's tool set) have been changed slightly and now model.cfgs cannot contain any class inheritances as they used to, at least not without fully defining the classnames you're inheriting from.

e.g.

class CfgModels
{
	class Default;
	class StaticWeapon;
	class Weapon;

class SSQN_L119A1_BaseModel: Weapon 	
	{
		BLURB
	}
};

Now needs to be:

class CfgModels
{
	class SSQN_L119A1_BaseModel
	{
		BLURB
	}
};

or of a similar structure.

• Like 1

Thanks @Jackal326 for information! I will change all of my configs.
So, the process of Addon Builder related to Mikero's Tools when I installed it? Or is the change about model.cfg universal, not for only Mikero's Tools?

I'm fairly sure it only involves Mikero's tool set, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm fairly sure it only involves Mikero's tool set, but I'm not 100% sure.

I was considering the same possibility. I will uninstall the Mikero's Tools then I will check.

Thanks again!...

First, I uninstalled the Mikero's Tools. There was still the problem.

Then I uninstalled(including regeistry) the Arma 3 Tools and reinstalled it. Problem solved. I can binarize my addons faultlessly. When I used Addon Builder, there was already no error message. But now, my addons have no problem in game too.

I did not understand what was the exact problem.