Tom_48_97

Steam store page for Arma 3 Server, feedback

Recently, Steam has changed how the free applications are managed. Long story; short story, previously the free Apps were part of the default Steam package, meaning every valid Steam account had access to it without any needed action but this is history. The new situation is the default Steam package no longer include new free Apps, meaning, they have be managed through their own package or be part of other packages. This forced us to revised our plans for Arma 3 Samples and for consistency sakes, we applied the same system to Arma 3 Tools.

We believe this was a positive change and we are satisfied enough of this new system to think about doing the same for the server. However, before taking any action, we would like to ask, as user, your point of view.

What would change?

• The server package would consistent with our other free Apps, in term of presentation and way of work.
  • Before being able to download the server package, the user would need to subscribe Arma 3 Server via the Steam store, for free.
  • Once subscribed, it would exactly the same as it does now.

The only fundamental change is be the subscription model for the accounts which don’t own Arma 3, others will have Arma 3 Server automatically in their Steam library.

Feel free to post any question, remark or your opinion about this, I will be pleased to answer you.

• Like 1

If the HC is executed from arma3server.exe, indeed. However, a valid Steam account is already needed to update the server, the only change would be the need to subscribe Arma 3 Server through Steam first.

We would still use steamcmd to update the server?

Provided the used account has subscribed the Server App, yes, nothing changes ;)

I think whole arma 3 should be on steam OPTIONALLY. Game should be available by non-steamed version, same as Arma 2, Arma 1. I would be just awesome. For now playing multiplayer is terrible, steam is eating about 300 kb/s almost all the time.

I think whole arma 3 should be on steam OPTIONALLY. Game should be available by non-steamed version, same as Arma 2, Arma 1. I would be just awesome. For now playing multiplayer is terrible, steam is eating about 300 kb/s almost all the time.

I'm afraid this is a completely different topic. Regarding the issue with the bandwidth, I ran some tests and I failed to reproduce it. A FT ticket might help in this regard.

I'm afraid this is a completely different topic. Regarding the issue with the bandwidth, I ran some tests and I failed to reproduce it. A FT ticket might help in this regard.

Its not big problem for me as i dont play much multipayer now. I disabled all steam overlays, all gadgets, Antivirus, Friends etc, sometimes it use 100kb/s sometimes 300.... in memmory its 100 MB. I know it isnt much, but starting platform just to play the game (dont use this platform at all is sensless, isn't it?) . More i wanted tu publish mission through steam yesterday, i wanted to do so, via official guide from devarma site, but when i click "Steam" icon, it says it cannnot download some steam file, and try again, it happen endless. I dont know what sense does this Steam distribution have - player cannot play not updated game (cant revert to older versions, to prevent some bugs from new update - player can revert to only one previous version), cannot play offline for longer than month..... Please, consider Arma 4 for Steam, and without it. Without steam player have bigger maneuver field.

Its not big problem for me as i dont play much multipayer now. I disabled all steam overlays, all gadgets, Antivirus, Friends etc, sometimes it use 100kb/s sometimes 300.... in memmory its 100 MB. I know it isnt much, but starting platform just to play the game (dont use this platform at all is sensless, isn't it?) . More i wanted tu publish mission through steam yesterday, i wanted to do so, via official guide from devarma site, but when i click "Steam" icon, it says it cannnot download some steam file, and try again, it happen endless. I dont know what sense does this Steam distribution have - player cannot play not updated game (cant revert to older versions, to prevent some bugs from new update - player can revert to only one previous version), cannot play offline for longer than month..... Please, consider Arma 4 for Steam, and without it. Without steam player have bigger maneuver field.

As previously stated please stay on topic, any further deviation will result in the appropriate action been taken. Please log a ticket with your concerns.

• Like 1

As previously stated please stay on topic, any further deviation will result in the appropriate action been taken. Please log a ticket with your concerns.

OK i just needed to write it somewhere about Steam topic, as i dont want to create any new thread, thats all. Keep up the good work!