Sign in to follow this  
ppitm

What on earth happened to the tracer rounds?

I just launched ArmA on dev branch after many patches, and something bizarre has happened to all the game's tracer rounds.

They are all invisible in daylight now! Not a single rifle or machinegun has tracers that can be discerned in daylight, although they are as bright as ever during the night. Not even tank's cannon rounds have tracers now. The RPG is about the only weapon that does, but modded launchers such as RHS AT4s do not.*

Surely this isn't intentional? If this is a known bug with the current dev branch, please link to the bugtracker and I will happily vote. If it's just me, then a mod can use this to troubleshooting.

*I disabled all mods and the problem persists.

So 125 people have viewed this post. I don't mean to be a dick, but I only see two scenarios here:

125 people have glitchy invisible tracers but can't be bothered posting in this thread to confirm it (hence helping fix the bug);

or

125 have perfectly normal tracers and are too lazy to do me the courtesy of telling me that the problem is on my end.

Well?

So you don't have to be left high and dry:

I can see my tracers perfectly fine - at least in vanilla. :) Against the sky they are harder to see maybe, but I still can see them.

But I have noticed that Blastcore-tracers doesn't work properly anymore, so I suppose something has happened to the tracers that may have broken them in combination with certain mods.

Thanks.

I'm sure I disabled my mods, but then again BIS had to go and break what wasn't broken with ArmA 3. Mods have a habit of activating themselves now, regardless of what's in the command line, and infecting the vanilla game with their files.

So 125 people have viewed this post. I don't mean to be a dick, but I only see two scenarios here:

125 people have glitchy invisible tracers but can't be bothered posting in this thread to confirm it (hence helping fix the bug);

or

125 have perfectly normal tracers and are too lazy to do me the courtesy of telling me that the problem is on my end.

Well?

Or, those people are simply at work or away from their computers and can't check.

We don't all hate you  :P

Or, those people are simply at work or away from their computers and can't check.

We don't all hate you  :P

So do you have invisible tracers or not? B)

So do you have invisible tracers or not? B)

Loaded .45 cal tracers for a test.... Quite easy to see, no change.

--Oops! sorry, tested on stable.

I don't see any tracers either in the daylight. But in stable branch they're clearly visible.

I don't see any tracers either in the daylight. But in stable branch they're clearly visible.

Aha.

It must only be a few of us, or there would be tickets open.

I'm going to go update my GPU drivers and report back. Already verified Steam cache.

no, unlikely to be a result of gpu or other drivers. BI did something with projectile configs recently, so this must be a side effect.

Mods have a habit of activating themselves now, regardless of what's in the command line, and infecting the vanilla game with their files.

:face_palm:

This problem should be gone already. Sorry for inconvenience

• Like 1

Tracers still invisible for tank cannons.

This is "as designed". I share the wish to see tracers on tank shells, but apparently they're used for training, not combat. Modders still can do tracers, and it should work splendidly.