firewill

F-14 Tomcat Series Standalone

I'm not sure if this is a issue with the new nimitz update, but when the F14 catches the tail hook it gets stuck in the flight decks floor, doesn't happen with the F/A-18s 

VF-143 WIP screenshots

looking damn fine, i love the old USAF roundel that's coloured in 

hello Firewill,
first of all great mod and it's an equal complement to the F/A-18 mod in every manner.
regarding the Black wasp mod, since it works with the nimitz as well (exept for the towing module), which seems to be currently put on hold, and with you, obviously working on your mod by hard, could you think about addepting your shortcuts to the black wasp's shortcuts.

meaning e.g. shortcutting the black wasp's afterburner would open the F-14's MFD.

I don't know about modding and scripting, and how much effort it would take. i don't know you either, and how much things there are you have to do.

anyways, my request is if you could rebind the useraction keys to:

-3(Afterburner) to 1 (black wasp's afterburner)
-6(open dialog) to 10 (black wasp's service menu)
-7(open MFD) to 3 (black wasp's GPS TGT system)
-10(Fold/unfold wings) to 15 (black wasp's Fold/unfold wings)

another wish.
as F-18 can open service menu/dialog nearly anywhere on the nimitz' deck, would it be possible to do that with the f-14, too? or is it a must to place your missilebox for rearming?

and how about the towing module, but i think that's a Nimitz problem, isn't it!

nevertheless Thank You for your good work, regarding F-16, F-2-0, F-14, and things i have forgotten, you did for Arma2.

You and your kind make arma a big step more realistic, than it is already.

Thank you Firewill and keep on firing

looking damn fine, i love the old USAF roundel that's coloured in 

They share roundels, but I do have to admit it look pretty sharp. Expect VF-142 screenies by Monday. After that I will probably go onto VF-2, then VF 213, and release all of those. After that, on to the AliCats.

I'm not sure if this is a issue with the new nimitz update, but when the F14 catches the tail hook it gets stuck in the flight decks floor, doesn't happen with the F/A-18s 

i don't have trouble like that, sometime landing gear was broken because landing speed too fast.

VF-143 WIP screenshots

inhWTii.jpg

n76RSKn.jpg

ZiDRJ9R.jpg

9DVZoja.jpg

great work! i hope more reskin keep in coming!

hello Firewill,

first of all great mod and it's an equal complement to the F/A-18 mod in every manner.

regarding the Black wasp mod, since it works with the nimitz as well (exept for the towing module), which seems to be currently put on hold, and with you, obviously working on your mod by hard, could you think about addepting your shortcuts to the black wasp's shortcuts.

meaning e.g. shortcutting the black wasp's afterburner would open the F-14's MFD.

I don't know about modding and scripting, and how much effort it would take. i don't know you either, and how much things there are you have to do.

anyways, my request is if you could rebind the useraction keys to:

-3(Afterburner) to 1 (black wasp's afterburner)

-6(open dialog) to 10 (black wasp's service menu)

-7(open MFD) to 3 (black wasp's GPS TGT system)

-10(Fold/unfold wings) to 15 (black wasp's Fold/unfold wings)

another wish.

as F-18 can open service menu/dialog nearly anywhere on the nimitz' deck, would it be possible to do that with the f-14, too? or is it a must to place your missilebox for rearming?

and how about the towing module, but i think that's a Nimitz problem, isn't it!

nevertheless Thank You for your good work, regarding F-16, F-2-0, F-14, and things i have forgotten, you did for Arma2.

You and your kind make arma a big step more realistic, than it is already.

Thank you Firewill and keep on firing

good suggestion. however, other aircraft like F-16, F-2A is use the same custom action.

and i don't have reason of set up the same key setting with F/A-18X.

F/A-18X is F/A-18X, my aircraft is my aircraft, i think.

and open dialog with nimitz is will be working.

• Like 1

- good suggestion. maybe increase the speed limit to the next time.

- thankfully, tomcat RIO is not use the AA Missile and cannon during dogfight. MELB is will be check it out.

Thanks the Suggestion.

Thanks Firewill! 

About the dogfight, not thinking about the shooting but looking around for the enemy aircrafts behind and around the plane. Just like "Slider" is doing in the 

He is doing a lot of looking around in the back. 

// Rusty

Hi Firewill,  Great, great mod.  Thanks very much for the effort, the aircraft is amazing.

to all, does anyone know how I can deactivate the targeting boxes which appear on the aircraft hud?  I seem to get a friendly box for every section of the aircraft carrier, and they make it difficult to line up properly for landing.  I noticed from the videos that some of you do not have these target boxes.

Thanks!!

i hope more reskin keep in coming!

Well I'll punt out the fictional British "F-14K" retextures I did, in case people want to have some fun with them.

.pbo contains three different paint schemes used by the Royal Navy (Fleet Air Arm), roughly in parallel to the Tomcat's lengthy career in the US Navy. However, only the last one really falls in line with the upgraded F-14D period:

• High-vis Extra Dark Sea Grey with White underside - scheme used by the RN on various aircraft from the 60s until the early 1980s. Tail markings for 893 Naval Air Squadron
  • Low-vis Dark Sea Grey - scheme used by the RN's Sea Harrier FRS1 throughout the 1980s and early 90s. Tail markings of 899 Naval Air Squadron
  • Low-vis Medium Sea Grey - scheme used by the RN's Sea Harrier FA2 from 1993 until they retired in 2006. Tail markings for 800 Naval Air Squadron

DOWNLOAD

Screens:

899 NAS and 800 NAS

893 NAS

• Like 1

Anyone else having problems using the TGT targeting?  Sometimes target is visible on radar so I can lock on and release the bomb and some other times it will not show on radar. Anyone else?

VF 142 WIP Sceenshots, still a lot of work to do. Man am I cranking this out for you guys :D

3lEW6dH.jpg

bybVDTB.jpg

N0FwJ8D.jpg

VF-2 has been moved up to next Wednesday, stay tuned! VF-213 probably by the end of next weekend, and the entire thing should be out in about 2 weeks.

• Like 2

Well I'll punt out the fictional British "F-14K" retextures I did, in case people want to have some fun with them.

.pbo contains three different paint schemes used by the Royal Navy (Fleet Air Arm), roughly in parallel to the Tomcat's lengthy career in the US Navy. However, only the last one really falls in line with the upgraded F-14D period:

• High-vis Extra Dark Sea Grey with White underside - scheme used by the RN on various aircraft from the 60s until the early 1980s. Tail markings for 893 Naval Air Squadron
  • Low-vis Dark Sea Grey - scheme used by the RN's Sea Harrier FRS1 throughout the 1980s and early 90s. Tail markings of 899 Naval Air Squadron
  • Low-vis Medium Sea Grey - scheme used by the RN's Sea Harrier FA2 from 1993 until they retired in 2006. Tail markings for 800 Naval Air Squadron

DOWNLOAD

Screens:

899 NAS and 800 NAS

893 NAS

Fictional Skin is always gonna be fun, Thanks the ReSkin!

Anyone else having problems using the TGT targeting?  Sometimes target is visible on radar so I can lock on and release the bomb and some other times it will not show on radar. Anyone else?

sometime you're designate inside of building or blocked by object/landspace, TGT is disappear some specific angle.

VF 142 WIP Sceenshots, still a lot of work to do. Man am I cranking this out for you guys :D

VF-2 has been moved up to next Wednesday, stay tuned! VF-213 probably by the end of next weekend, and the entire thing should be out in about 2 weeks.

another new texture, keep up the good work!

Can one spawn the plane with the wings swept?

this animate ["leftwing_parking",1];this animate ["rightwing_parking",1];

input that code in init line.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Da12thMonkey , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

DOWNLOAD

Screens:

899 NAS and 800 NAS

893 NAS

I love this skins ;) thank you!

Almost finished with the extra Squadrons reskin, a couple of pictures hinting at things to come ;)

163224-f14b-vf103-aa201-cvn65-1996-sk.jp

F-14A_Tomcat_of_VF-126_c1993.jpg

VF-2 coming in, looking mighty fine if I do say so myself.

C6CixxJ.jpg

dJilGGo.jpg

xW8dWKZ.jpg

yrL5IOL.jpg

The best I've done so far if you ask me personally.

• Like 2