firewill

F-14 Tomcat Series Standalone

This is a great mod but I have a lot of problems with it. The vulcan has no ammunition and I can only use a few weapons of the AWS. I have the newest version but it still not works and I get some error message. What could it be? 

This is a great mod but I have a lot of problems with it. The vulcan has no ammunition and I can only use a few weapons of the AWS. I have the newest version but it still not works and I get some error message. What could it be? 

everything is fine for me, but please write the exactly error message in here, not just "i got error message i can't tell you the detail"

Difficult because it is just for a few seconds. 

...glist select 12

-wiplist 45p = maglist [#] select 13;

-wiplist 55p = maglist select...`

error nullteiler

file fir_f14/sq5\init\web_display.sqf,line18

and

file fir_f14/sq5\init\web_display.sqf,line17

There is more but it is to fast to write it down.

Difficult because it is just for a few seconds. 

...glist select 12

-wiplist 45p = maglist [#] select 13;

-wiplist 55p = maglist select...`

error nullteiler

file fir_f14/sq5\init\web_display.sqf,line18

and

file fir_f14/sq5\init\web_display.sqf,line17

There is more but it is to fast to write it down.

i think that's no relate with your problem, because wep_display script is just display the weapon hardpoint screen on cockpit(of course that error is no effect on gameplay), maybe your problem is from little different.

re-install the latest version of tomcat and AWS. 

I deleted the old folders and downloaded them again. The same problem. Also the skin system does not work for me. When I click on skin nothing happen. Is it possible that it is not working in the 3D editor? Do I have to use some module in addition?

D80EE21402F8ADFAF49C71F7C1E9A1B75961C9F5

6BD1D86B295EB40113B5DE37AA6FC1AEE2293973

2FD32314BD855FD808CDE6DDF5FFC26AF262A35C

B5669E2911F854AB48AC71DFD322F9A3721C403E

80AEDD56AB990F10C060B29465052B92C96537D4

F-14 IRIAF(Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force) - "Alicat"

in real life, IRIAF use the old F-14A, not F-14"D".

but this is just game, right?

honestly i was planning to make the F-14A model for IRIAF(and USN), but i just choose the re-skin. 

• Like 5

Looking good buddy

D80EE21402F8ADFAF49C71F7C1E9A1B75961C9F5

6BD1D86B295EB40113B5DE37AA6FC1AEE2293973

2FD32314BD855FD808CDE6DDF5FFC26AF262A35C

B5669E2911F854AB48AC71DFD322F9A3721C403E

80AEDD56AB990F10C060B29465052B92C96537D4

F-14 IRIAF(Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force) - "Alicat"

in real life, IRIAF use the old F-14A, not F-14"D".

but this is just game, right?

honestly i was planning to make the F-14A model for IRIAF(and USN), but i just choose the re-skin.

So you wont be making th A model or is that down the road.

So you wont be making th A model or is that down the road.

no A model for now, and future.

• Like 1

B46285B207EC065449919F3E2DCA285E169C14F8

E4FFC444B29C03A140DBE55A1441C74B9A09C012

After IRIAF skin, i decided the make new Tomcat Skin for Enemy, called "ENEMY TYPE A" - inspired by my old favorite game, Ace Combat 2.

this skin is no relation with Countries and Faction, mean you can make the Scenario like PMC with Evil, Anti-Government Forces, coup forces, anything with this tomcat.

Example Photo

D526A50A4BCEE610BB5FFC26F151D966F3C3268F

99B2D633399718972B36879C55C368A26B585AB6

• Like 9

F-14D has been updated on the First page

Alpha 0.18
- GBU-24 Paveway III Integration
- Add VF-31CAG,VF-41,VF-143,Razgriz,IRIAF and ENEMY TYPE A Skins
- Loadout Module for 2d/3d Editor(you can found in Object Modifier)
- Replace Pilot Attribute for 3d Editor(yes is replace the pilot, no is not)

only F-14D is update today, other aircrafts will be update soon as possible.

Next Update Schedule:
F-2A->F-16C->F-15
  • Like 4

AWESOME MOD!!!!!! thank you......><

wings parking sweep  & intake ramp 

What a great job.

Oh Yeah! Thats great that you finally made the IRIAF skin. I've asked some people on this community to make it but never happened.
You know, first time that you released F-14 here, you said a lot of things about F-14 and it's ONLY current user, "Iran" in it's description but there was no IRIAF skin included.
I've been shocked by that. Also flight control of all planes are much better now. Thank you so much ^_^

Now I'm suggesting you to change some things in general for all of your planes if you like:

1. Clean up player scroll menu when the player is not in the plane yet and just keep "Get in as Pilot (+ Get in as Co-Pilot if available)" and "Inventory".
Scroll menu is too crowded and sloppy by useless things like ECM, TGT,MFD and Fuel tank optons. Also "Open Dialog " has no use when player is not inside yet.
This makes some discipline.

2. Now that you are using module system in the editor, will you please add a skin option to it too? By that you can remove all those different skin variants of same plane and make editor menu shorter and cleaner. For example, right now there are about 18 different F-14Ds in the editor menu. If you do that, there can be only two F-14Ds (F-14D [NATO] and F-14D [CSAT] only).
Then players can choose whatever skin they want for it via that module and start the game (Or choose it by Open Dialog in game).

That's it for now.Thank you. Take care :P

Don't get me wrong. I love your mod and it's absolute almost perfect, will there be an improvement of the afterburner sound? When it's activated then after a few seconds the afterburner sounds not realistic to my opinion, but then again it could be my ears....

Well it looks like an official VF-143 came out in my absence. Now that I'm back, I guess I'll try to focus all of my efforts onto VF-2 and VF-142. 2 deaths in the family and finals really kicks you in the balls. Expect some updates soon.

• Like 1

Well it looks like an official VF-143 came out in my absence. Now that I'm back, I guess I'll try to focus all of my efforts onto VF-2 and VF-142. 2 deaths in the family and finals really kicks you in the balls. Expect some updates soon.

Sorry for your loss mate and goodluck with your finals

@ Firewill, I haven't been able to get the F-14 and KC-135 to refuel together in mid air. When requesting to refuel it says that all points are in use?  Is there anyway to script or make the F-14 compatible with the refueling script from Spartan's F-18E/F ?? I have managed to get an F-18E to refuel from an AI controlled F-18F and would like to incoperate this into a mission with the Tomcat. Thanks. Love the mod!

@ Firewill, I haven't been able to get the F-14 and KC-135 to refuel together in mid air. When requesting to refuel it says that all points are in use?  Is there anyway to script or make the F-14 compatible with the refueling script from Spartan's F-18E/F ?? I have managed to get an F-18E to refuel from an AI controlled F-18F and would like to incoperate this into a mission with the Tomcat. Thanks. Love the mod!

use the kc-130 in c130 pack by sabre[dust]

Hey man, if this is in relation to the USAF pack I've made some files to make firewill's aircrafts compatible. Check my signature.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=702127716

Screen shot of what I'm getting at, Also Note that I HAVE gotten the Tomcat to work with the refueling drogue, BUT it does not "latch" to the drogue as the F/A-18E does shown above. There are no flight control inputs needed from the Plane recieving Fuel in that shot. The Tomcat must be controlled at all times, and the only way to shut off the refueling is to physically turn off the option via scroll wheel, other wise the Tomcat continues to receive fuel after its off the drogue, and will fill Past its fuel capacity limits without drop tanks.