firewill

F-14 Tomcat Series Standalone

Very nice work!

2 things however:

-when I use afterburner, I got a popup message saying there is a sound problem with the afterburner

-when I set myself as commander, I always turn to be the pilote.

Very nice mod anyway!

- hmm, i don't receive the afterburner sound message in rpt. have you update the AWS Recent Version? or can you send the error message, its will be can find whats the problem.

In Mission Editor, you can't choose the RIO Seat(Commander Slot) because Pilot is Commander. 

but still you can use "moveincommander" for manual get in the RIO Seat in editor. its trick for Weapon Problem with Gunner

problem of use the gunner is all guided weapon is for gunner only(of course you can use manual fire, but i don't want it), so i was use the trick. place the Commander Without Command ,its mean Pilot have the command.

so conclusion is, Commander = Pilot in Mission Editor. 

Am I do anything wrong or am I just stupid: For me the tail hook does not work. I don't have an option to lower it, hence I can't land on the nimitz! T^T

I like the fact it "walks" on water personally. I wanted to spawn it as an empty unit into the water to see if it showed underwater damage like the vanilla vehicles, but it just sat parked on the surface haha.

It's a blast to fly. I hope the AI can handle it for some ambient aircraft and CAS in infantry based missions. This thing moves. So fast. Thanks for all the hard work.

Am I do anything wrong or am I just stupid: For me the tail hook does not work. I don't have an option to lower it, hence I can't land on the nimitz! T^T

Same problem for me. The option is available when plane is on the ground, but as soon as I lift the plane the option disappears.

Same problem for me. The option is available when plane is on the ground, but as soon as I lift the plane the option disappears.

I don't get anything at. The only thing I get on the ground is an option to lower the catapult bar (or how it is called) but not the tail hook!

@FireWill - great job mate. One of my favorite airframes - finaly we have it in ARMA 3. Thank you.

@People for Problem with Tailhook

1. my tomcat must sync with "arresting hook module"(if you want take off, sync with catapult module)

2. tail hook option is appear when your aircraft is behind of Carrier(distance is more than 100m+) and speed is lower than 500. ofcourse you must flying!

3. maybe my Carrier Operation Video is help you for how can takeoff/land.

@john_spartan your help when i was make f-16 is big helpful! i'm really appreciated it.

1EDA0AA0C56BBE49E92844C22F64D6C0FDA7FEA4

1A57CF4EF14288DB4F833A69E3CE9469DB73022F

setting the Tomcat for carrier ops. (its working in my case)

Oh my god this is awesome! Most excellent work!

One question though, would you happen to know the code required to have the wings folded when spawned in?

Amazing stuff!

Frisco1522

• Like 1

Oh my god this is awesome! Most excellent work!

One question though, would you happen to know the code required to have the wings folded when spawned in?

Amazing stuff!

Frisco1522

this animate ["leftwing_parking",1];this animate ["rightwing_parking",1];

input that code in init line.

this animate ["leftwing_parking",1];this animate ["rightwing_parking",1];

input that code in init line.

Thanks man!

Frisco1522

Thanks man!

Frisco1522

you're welcome  :)

i'm currently research for easier to use of F14 with Nimitz, without Catapult&Hook Module.

Test is fine, just need some more MP test and maybe can update it.

Another really nice addon from you Firewill

And thanks again for including a retexture templates. I think I must spend as much time having fun with the .psd files as I do actually flying around in the Arma 3 with your work.

the automatic wing sweep with the variable speed, it's possible? great mod so far!

- hmm, i don't receive the afterburner sound message in rpt. have you update the AWS Recent Version? or can you send the error message, its will be can find whats the problem.

problem of use the gunner is all guided weapon is for gunner only(of course you can use manual fire, but i don't want it), so i was use the trick. place the Commander Without Command ,its mean Pilot have the command.

so conclusion is, Commander = Pilot in Mission Editor. 

Yeah, sorry, didn't have the latest version of AWS, bug is now fixed.

Hum, too bad you can be only pilote, not commander.

Can you change it for the next update, or will you let it be like that only?

BTW, can you add an option to lower and retract the hook or not?

And will you keep wings sweep automatic, or will you add an option for the player to seep / swept them?

Thanks

The bird is nearly PERFECT!  B)

About the only gripe I have is that there's no muzzle flash coming from M61 Vulcan (light source seems to be present)

2015_10_19_00002.jpg

PS: same is true for your other jets

someone will be made of Alicat Reskin i think.

I'm working on it as we speak, gathering reference photos, making emblems, etcetera.

Also doing some other squadrons with it:

VF-143

VF-142

VF-213

Another really nice addon from you Firewill

And thanks again for including a retexture templates. I think I must spend as much time having fun with the .psd files as I do actually flying around in the Arma 3 with your work.

Awesome! 

Talk to the guys who did the F/A-18

i'm already talk to TeTeT, and i got the some codes for Use Hook&Catapult Without Modules.

its will be update for the next time very soon.

the automatic wing sweep with the variable speed, it's possible? great mod so far!

Wing is Sweep Automatically by Aircraft Speed.

Yeah, sorry, didn't have the latest version of AWS, bug is now fixed.

Hum, too bad you can be only pilote, not commander.

Can you change it for the next update, or will you let it be like that only?

BTW, can you add an option to lower and retract the hook or not?

And will you keep wings sweep automatic, or will you add an option for the player to seep / swept them?

Thanks

yeah, for now i'm use still commander slot without command. it just trick for pilot use guided weapon.

hook option is sync the nimitz hook module, and i confirm synced tomcat is must "Empty" in editor.

like i said, i'll update for next time about use hook&catapult without modules.

and wing is will be keep the same.

The bird is nearly PERFECT!  B)

About the only gripe I have is that there's no muzzle flash coming from M61 Vulcan (light source seems to be present)

2015_10_19_00002.jpg

PS: same is true for your other jets

yeah, i don't input the muzzle flash because its my philosophy.

"Perfect Weapon is Not a Funny", so always input flaw like no muzzle flash. its not a stick out, so i did.

maybe other peoples don't agree about that. 

I'm working on it as we speak, gathering reference photos, making emblems, etcetera.

Also doing some other squadrons with it:

VF-143

VF-142

VF-213

i hope more new re-skin for tomcat  :)