Hey everyone, I recently downloaded and installed the Esseker map, and discovered that I rather like it. Other than Exile, Wasteland, and the likes, there don't seem to be very many missions available for download (of the type that you'd just play with a couple of buddies when you have nothing else to do). So I had an idea, but I have no idea how to do it, or if can even be done, as I have very very limited experience in arma mission editing. I would like to make an escape mission for Esseker, just to play with some friends. I was wondering if it's possible to move most of the content from the already-made "Escape Altis" mission (as in moving the scripts, sounds, etc). I figure the most work will be getting the triggers, and objects like that to the "Escape Esseker" mission. Is this a feasible plan?

TL;DR: I'd like to move the mission "Escape Altis" to the Esseker map, what's the best way to do this?

Google is your friend here..

1) The first thing you need to do is figure out how to unpack a mission, we call it "UnPBO'ing"

I personally use a tool called Eliteness by a guy called Mikero.

Escape from Altis, which I believe is a BI made mission will be found in one of the BIS addons somewhere.

2)Then you need to make a copy of the unpacked folder, call it something obvious like co_10_Mymission.altis.pbo

You then need to find your MpMissions folder which will be in your -profile folder, by default this is on C drive somewhere, I don't know quite where because I always use a custom -profile folder

You then copy the mission folder into your 

*ProfilesFolder*\Users\YourName\MPMissions\

The easiest way to then transfer this to a different island, is to rename the island extension to the island that you want.

(There are other ways, but this is by far the simplest to explain)

For example if you wanted to make the mission for Stratis, it would be renamed from 

co_10_Mymission.altis.pbo

to

co_10_Mymission.stratis.pbo

Then, when you load your game and the island mod you want, you will  find that you already have that mission on the island of your choice available to edit.

You then just need to drag things around in the editor and then resave it.

When you save the mission (Save as\(Export to multiplayermissions), it will save this to your root arma3 MPMissions folder, which is in your steam folder

WhereverYouInstalledSteam\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions\

Good luck

The easiest way to then transfer this to a different island, is to rename the island extension to the island that you want.

(There are other ways, but this is by far the simplest to explain)

For example if you wanted to make the mission for Stratis, it would be renamed from 

co_10_Mymission.altis.pbo

to

co_10_Mymission.stratis.pbo

I would not suggest this with any Bohemia Maps. I have looked at the Escape Altis mission in editor and its a large amount of triggers etc that spawn the AI, which also would make it a pain in the ass to transfer to Esseker manually.

EDIT: Note also that all the bohemia gamemodes link to each other somehow, so you would have to really do some digging to get all the scripts as they won't always be inside that gamemodes .PBO.

Hopefully this thread is dead. 

But is there anyway to add a script or change an option somehow to do a "life counter" I.E. if the team dies, they respawn on their corpse and get another chance to finish the mission? A friend and I play and its just us. we were trying to figure out a way to do this with no luck. I did manage to edit the mission but it removed all scripts and turned it into another map.